[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /wantstostartaband/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: 1466780404628.jpg (93 KB, 560x840) Image search: [Google]
1466780404628.jpg
93 KB, 560x840
Who /wantstostartaband/ here?
>>
File: 1466669683586.jpg (28 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
1466669683586.jpg
28 KB, 500x337
What instrument do you play, anon?

Original original this comment is
>>
File: 1457307233674.jpg (40 KB, 563x449) Image search: [Google]
1457307233674.jpg
40 KB, 563x449
>>29618570
I don't play an instrument. I can't sing either. I can't do anything.

I bought a cheap strat a couple years ago and practiced maybe an hour a day for a few weeks. It hurt my fingers and the only song I could play was Brain Stew by Green Day. I'm thinking about picking it up again but I live in an apartment and I don't want to make a lot of noise. But I still like to think about starting a band. Whenever I listen to music I like to think that it's me singing the song or playing the guitar.

One thing I have done is make lyrics. I'm not sure how to say this, but whenever I'm thinking about something I'll come up with great things inside my head and I'll write the words into my notepad. When I listen to music I like to replace the real lyrics with my own if that makes sense.

Even though I have no musical talent, starting a band feels more possible than getting a job at this point.
>>
I want to start a band really badly, 4th wave of emo when?
>>
Since none of us ever get laid, we should make a band composed entirely of bassists.
>>
File: 6390.png (53 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
6390.png
53 KB, 200x200
I used to want to start a Ska band in high school. Too bad when I was in high school it was 2008 and Ska was already dead
>>
you just want it to be like k-on
it'll be like the time you wanted to join the college anime club hoping it would be like genshiken though
>>
>>29618507
Grimes is my cousin. Do you guys like her?
>>
Wanna start a noise rock band in the same sort of shrill nature of Arab on Radar. That'd be kickass.
>>
>>29618841
Shots fired?
Shots fired.

Captcha: stop charles

I'll get right on that. Where is he?
>>
>>29618804
>lyricist
>literally the "ideas guy" of music

Anyway, I make a lot of solo music and play in a band. But starting a band w/ robots would be pretty fun I imagine. Make songs about normies/beta uprising/etc.
>>
>>29618827
You and me, anon.

When you say emo, you mean good stuff like cap'n jazz, algernon cadwallader and snowing, yes?

Count me in if so. Guitarist here.
>>
I've played in a few bands. If you start one, do it because you like playing/making music not because you think it might attract some grills. The hottest chicks I've seen at my concerts were 7's at best. No stacy is going to go to some underground avant-garde noise rock concert but they most likely won't come up and speak to you afterwards.
>>
>>29619002
That's what I was thinking about. A band of robots.
>>
I could give singing a shot

Ive always wanted to do cover songs but never tried it
>>
>>29619045
>aspiring to do covers

You're just the worst.
>>
>>29619029
Stacie's don't like rock music
>>
>>29619069
Better to be in a solid Nirvana cover band than to be the first Green Day, anon.
>>
>>29619069
sh-shut up dont bully me, I dont have the talent to make full fucking music and I dont wanna be some fucking tool that makes electronic "music"
>>
>>29618507
One of my recurring daydreams is being the lead singer of death metal band that does nothing but anime covers and we all wear those freaky full-body anime doll costumes.
>>
>>29619130
I disagree. Even if the music I like to make is regarded as bad, I'd still rather pursue my own creative interests than produce nothing original. Covering a song is fun, but it's basically creatively bankrupt. How anyone can find doing exclusively covers fulfilling is beyond me.

>>29619146
>wahhh i want to be a musician but dont want to go through the effort of actually learning music

fuck off
>>
>>29619188
vocalists are musicians you fucking idiot
>>
I would, but i don't know any other musicians, and i'm a tuba player. I guess my voice is alright, but otherwise i have no idea how i'd fit a tuba into a garage band.
>>
>>29618841
as a bassist of many years, this hits me in the feels

> so true in my case
>>
I've played guitar since 3rd grade can I join the band?
>>
>>29618507
No. I do want to die, though.
>>
>>29619223
What bands and genres do you like?
>>
>>29619188
>>29619188

I wonder how you feel about orchestras who play covers of songs from like the 1700s.
>>
>>29619242
The ones that sound good
>>
>>29619202
I hesitate to call anyone a musician if all they want to do is cover songs.

Though I'm not sure how I implied that vocalists aren't musicians? Vocalists should still learn music theory.
>>
>>29619188
>>29619188
>Even if the music I like to make is regarded as bad, I'd still rather pursue my own creative interests than produce nothing original. Covering a song is fun, but it's basically creatively bankrupt. How anyone can find doing exclusively covers fulfilling is beyond me.

Tippity toppity fedora m8

Most bands start off doing covers. If you start writing songs immediately they will be garbage and it will be embarrassing for you
>>
>>29619341
I dont have friends who play instruements and dont want to learn three in order to make a song, covers are my only option
>>
>>29619341
>I hesitate to call anyone a musician if all they want to do is cover songs.

why? see: >>29619270

There's nothing wrong with learning a song you love and then re-arranging it to make it your own. Music is music.
>>
>>29619363
Covers are fun to play, and there's nothing wrong with mixing some into a set that has some original material. I'm just saying, if you're content to never write original music, you're a failure of a musician.

Also, that's maybe true if you start a band with a bunch of novices, but most bands I've been in have had several members each bringing in songs of theirs that they want to play with the group.
>>
Man I would love some friends to jam with. I taught myself guitar and I've been playing for 5 or 6 years and I've never jammed with anyone. Robots, how do you tell if you can actually sing?
>>
File: excitement.jpg (107 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
excitement.jpg
107 KB, 1024x576
>want to start a band
>nobody understands what I want to make because I suck shit at explaining things
>decide fuck it, I'll just do everything myself
>currently learning all the instruments I need to

It's going to take a few years but hopefully it'll be worth it.
>>
>>29619493
If you get ableton or fruity loops you can speed that up as well. Just produce your own tracks with digital instruments.
>>
I want to start/join a band but I don't know how to play any instruments other than clarinet.
>>
>>29619660
Join a Ska band then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miRAGcN5B9A
>>
>>29619720
I don't like Ska.
>>
I kinda played in a punk band for a while. I was friends with the guys before we played together, but the band still broke apart because the lead singer was so egotistical and refused to take others input on how a song should go. He's gone through about 8 bands today, and still claims its because other people are no good, not because he breaks apart any band he starts. I think if I ever was in another band, I'd want it to be instrumental, I prefer that music most of the time anyway.

>>29619211
>>29619660
I started off playing trumpet, switched to trombone, now I play that and bass and tenor guitar, drums, and dabble on piano occasionally. The more instruments you know how to play, the easier it gets to play new ones.
>>
>>29618507

I do, but I can't write music for shit. I can just play gud.
>>
>>29618804
Pro tip: use rubbing alcohol on your fingertips after practice to increase the speed calluses form at.
>>
>>29619816
Well shit.

Some experimental jazz fusion band?
>>
I'll join a robot band

>piano
>guitar
>vocals
>whatever we need

credentials
>https://soundcloud.com/nomadamongthemountain/dirge-sung-over-a-shallow
>https://soundcloud.com/nomadamongthemountain/nests
>
>>
Noise rock jazz fusion band when?
>>
>>29620624
You're talented for a robot
>>
>>29621447
thanks mate, that means a lot. I dont really have anyone to share my music with, just post it here every once in a blue moon if the thread is appropriate.

n-no band forming?
>>
>>29621682
Where do you live?

Originalyldksbsk
>>
>>29621964
NYC

bumping thread with some robot approved oregano content
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RsEsTCaXhd

Chords:
Am Fmaj C G and so on

Lyrics (by anonymous):
Beware the roastie's tempting call
Luring betas to her
Cavernous halls
She'll suck you up
And then you'll be
A slave to her vile cuckoldry
(cuckoldry)

We see now with our open eyes
The plainness of the roastie's lies
We see now with our open eyes
The plainness of the roasties lies
>>
anyone in southern california wanna play together? I do a little bass and mostly like punk. email me
>>
Anyone in San Diego?

I play guitar and keyboard (5 years guitar / a few months keyboard) and I'm working on some darkwave/synthwave projects with Logic pro x

I'm not really picky about the genre we'd play
>>
>>29622104
Michigan here, oh well.

But how long have you been singing and playing instruments for? You have a great voice, have you ever sang in front of people or just by yourself?
>>
File: 1462292968487.jpg (35 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1462292968487.jpg
35 KB, 360x480
>>29622104
Did you just come up with that song on the spot? If so, bravo
>>
>>29622348

damn. worth a shot. played at a bar one time, open mic night. dropped my pick in the middle of a song. no one clapped. never tried again. I just record shit on my cell phone and mix it with shitty apps.

guitar for about ten years, piano off and on since I was a lad.

>>29622385
Some anon posted the lyrics in a thread a few months ago and I put chords/vocals/arranged the whole thing. post lyrics and I'll vocaroo them.
>>
File: 1430307993260.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430307993260.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>fw you just want to drop some sick ass rhymes but no one of your few friends like trap
>>
File: 1462755463804.jpg (48 KB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1462755463804.jpg
48 KB, 353x234
>>29622385
Posting more content from a few months back. There was another anon who did it an octave lower and someone mashed us up, I forgot to save that version though. Shit was fire.
Lyrics below--
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0zjvptGDtgA
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0zjvptGDtgA

>V1
somebody once told me
this board was full of roasties
I ain't the biggest flap on this page

and she was looking pretty bad
with her pussy torn by chad
and it looked like an Arby's sandwich

well
the flaps start flappin' and they don't stop floppin'
show them your beef and the boners stop poppin'
didn't make sense just to fuck roast beef
makes duck calls
when you hear them queef

what's it to you
don't be ass sore
nothing wrong with ditchin' a flap whore
the Arbys scares all of the guys
the wind makes their vagoos fly

>Chorus
hey now
you're a roastie
go away
hey now
you're a roastie
don't want your
beef buffet
Innie's pure as the snow
all whore roasties
please go

>V2
It's a sick place
and they blame genetics
but Jamal really ruined your pussy
aesthetics
the white knights beg to differ
lookin' at a whole that looks like roast beef dinner

the cucks we bait
aren't getting it in
the innie virgins are free from sin
their rage is on fire
how bout yours
that's the way I like it
fuck all roastie whores

>chorus
>bridge
>chorus
>>
>>29622796
Sounds like it could be an old weezer demo
>>
>>29622104
>singing about roasties
>has artwork with nude woman on soundcloud
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.