[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>realize that it's been over 4 years since you graduated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: the-quarter-life-crisis.gif (321 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
the-quarter-life-crisis.gif
321 KB, 1000x600
>realize that it's been over 4 years since you graduated from high school (and 2 years since you dropped out of college)
>look up old HS and college classmates on Facebook, most have graduated college and are working at respectable places
>realize that you're basically disconnected from everyone and everything
>haven't accomplished anything, still working shit minimum wage jobs

I'm going back to school this fall but it still feels terrible. I'm only 22 but it feels like I'm so far behind my peers (and isolated from them).

Anyone else feeling this?
>>
>>29582920
Yes, except I'm 21 and never started college. Have had part time jobs since I left HS. DESU I deleted my FB and felt so much better since doing so, I didn't even really care about the people on there anyway.
>>
>>29582920
Be glad that you have what little you do, some people don't/never have/had (a) job(s), graduated highschool, etcetera.
Your prospects are infinitely brighter than many others here and elsewhere despite what negatives are there.
There exist people who never leave their homes (or extremely rarely do) for very long periods of time and feel nothing but guilt, inadequacy, incompetence, judgement, failure, misery, the whole spectrum of shit.
If nothing else, appreciate what little you've managed to do and keep trying.
Whenever you feel down about it, out it into perspective and acknowledge the aforementioned as reality, maybe not for you, but surely for someone else somewhere else.
>>
File: 1467082909997.jpg (44 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1467082909997.jpg
44 KB, 500x501
>>29584096
put* it into perspective, nigger
>>
>muh 22
>muh so old
>muh too old for college

fuck up idiot, i finished university at 32
>>
>>29582920
>22
If you looked at how long ago I finished high school and doubled it it would be the same amount of years as you.
>>
File: 1435086136680.jpg (28 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1435086136680.jpg
28 KB, 396x385
>realize that it's been over 3 years since you dropped out from high school (and 2 years since you never went to college)
>don't look up old HS and college classmates on Facebook, because I don't remember any of their names or what they look like at all
>realize that you're basically connected to everybody on 4chan
>have gotten all the achievements in fallout 3 and new vegas and the three last elder scroll games, still watching shit minimum wage anime

I'm not going back to school this fall and it still feels amazing. I'm only 21 but it feels like I'm so far ahead of my peers (and isolated from them).

Anyone else feeling this?
>>
>>29584885
>only 21
you're feeling this because people your age are still fucking around and partying. i guarantee that you won't feel so good in a few years. the freedom is wonderful but you'll see that it stops feeling like freedom at a certain point and feels more like a self-imposed prison and you'll hate yourself for not doing something earlier to change it.
>>
I'm 21 and for several reasons I graduated from a non-conventional high school two years later than usual. I only have access to a few higher education courses that are filled to the rim already because the government doesn't give a single shit about education, so I probably won't be able to get in.

Fuck this borderline third world country.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.