[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career thread: Be honest edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 39385297.jpg (10 KB, 251x222) Image search: [Google]
39385297.jpg
10 KB, 251x222
So...What's your career/plan for a career?

Age 26 currently:

I'm currently on a path in college to be a licensed Registered Nurse, to one day be employed as an RN in either a pediatric clinic, or as a neonatal nurse. One day I'll hopefully become what's called a Nurse Manager.

My ultimate aspiration is to pursue my entrepreneurial ideas, hopefully within the first two years of being an RN I'll use that money to fund my ideas to eventually get rich and retire early. If that doesn't work though, then my backup will be the RN path.

You?
>>
>>29571080
>2nd year medical student

I'm looking forward to you and your fellow RN's encroaching my profession, appropriate white coats, and declare "nurses know just as much as doctors".

I think that got my hostile faggotry out of the way. Good luck to you, what's your entrepenurial plan?
>>
>>29571141
>Good luck to you, what's your entrepenurial plan?

I have quite a few. I want to start with the basic ones that'd be the most attainable first...If/when these are a success, I'll then go with more ambitions ones. The ones I want to start with though are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DLUFTq9Le0jR7FOEAJptRd-ootqtO_l05qfGsnRI07U

and:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FfljWxgPuORgXIgpXa9qlf9J1f1McUElIuwSyjK_348

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WoBw45CTziit7EXX8rxbWi-yDmDlm0d4eKHdqJKJo-Q
>>
>>29571080
>30 year old college dropout and 2-year NEET with about 100$ in life savings

Fuck it, I'm somehow going to become the next Skrillex/Rick Rubin/Hans Zimmer before I'm REALLY old.

I spent well over a decade fucking around in programs and part-time courses about all sorts of bullshit that I hated and wasn't very good at. The only thing that brought me comfort and joy throughout those years, besides drugs, was music.

I don't know why it took me so long to figure out that I should bee myself and follow what I enjoy. Probably because I was already pushed forward into the generic education machine straight out of high school and could only focus on one assignment and one test at a time instead of focussing on what I was good at and what I wanted.
>>
>>29571240
Why not go into engineering? You seem to be more interested in that area, from what I can gather.
>>
>>29571357
Don't want to stare in front of a computer all day is all lol. I love technology and yadda yadda, but if I want to think of a job that I'll have until i'm 65, it'd definitely need to be one where I'd regularly stay at least semi happy and not jaded.

But yeah, check out my other ideas:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwAFALX-xjyKfmJabE9fZDFQLXViYjJGLWp1OEhsQzByem9oYmlaZHpZM0pCUVhIUnpPQkU

some of the are ridiculous, others are realistic ideas where it's not a matter of if they'll be invented but when
>>
>>29571448
Mech engineering isn't that bad, honestly. Better hours than a nurse, by far. Don't know too much about CS and the like.
>>
>spent 3 years studying economics
>drop out without a degree
>neet for one year
>get back to uni for compsci
>actually get my degree last year
>immediately find a job as a consultant

Money is really good, so I think I'll stay a while and see how far I can get... I dont see myself climb higher than senior consultant though.
Bought myself an apartment for starters because money aint worth shit and interests are non existant.

Ultimate goal is to start my own company, but I'm extremely picky and critical of most ideas.

something like creating a deep learning AI which lets me play the stock market would be the most comfortable solution lel
>>
>>29571080
18, didn't finish school properly thanks to shit parents but managed to get a job at a small architecture/glazing company handling deliveries. There's only like 10 other pretty cool guys in total at the factory, the pay is decent at this age, and I learnt how to use all the machinery to help metalworking from time to time.
Already managing and unloading every single glass and metal delivery by myself now, fucking reckless idea for a small company but whatever. Signed up for an evening course in welding at the local college, which starts in September. If I pass I can move up from deliveries and join the company fabricator team.

Instant pay rise, valuable skill which I can take almost anywhere (planning to go abroad), and no uni debt for a useless degree that wastes years of your life surrounded by normies. Feels good man
>>
>>29571080
Planning to do an undergrad in CompSci and then hopefully get into UBC medical school with good enough grades and my dads connection as a urologist. i think ill go into neurology though

currently im working back of house at a restaurant for the summer
>>
>>29572282
>no uni debt for a useless degree that wastes years of your life surrounded by normies
not bashing on your plans or anything but are you certain you didnt fall for the "useless degree" memeing?

I got a compsci degree and there were very little to no normies at my college. I have no debt (studied in germany) and got instant job offers after graduation.

If you dont want a useless degree simply dont study something useless...
>>
>>29572456
STEM and computing is hard to get onto and pass but great if you can, I have a friend doing programming. There's a lot of people that get pushed into crappy degrees though. If you have bad grades like me then apprenticeships in trades are way better in the long run.
>>
>>29572572
It's better to be good at a trade than to have a mediocre degree, that's true.

However, I'd just like to encourage you to check out some freshman classes on youtube in a field that interests you. It's not as hard as many people think... what makes some of the most interesting degrees difficult are some of the "hard" classes that are often mandatory.. like math, statistics etc. But they're definitely managable, especially considering that you often get to try a number of times.

But all power to you anon, seems like you already got a good path for yourself figured out!
>>
Been skulking around your drive OP.
I save shit in exactly the same way, you even have long form 4chan posts saved just like me. Some ideas I read I've literally had the same exact thing occur to me.
You could probably do something with medical education, since right now thats a booming field. With an aging population and eight million drugs, everyone wants to know what kind of shit they are taking and interactions. When I went to the hospital the first few times, I kept screaming for drugs and didn't understand it was all phoning into some 'Hospitalist' or doctor who then figures out your shit.
There's a lot of buzz about making people health advocates, that sound up your alley too since you're into that social change bullcrap.
I bet you just thought "no I'm not see this is a complicated issue..."
Fuck you OP.
Fuck you
I'm too paranoid to keep it on my drive though.
>>
Nothing. Failed out of my stem degree and am majoring in history now. No idea what the fuck I'm going to do with a fucking history degree and I'm terrified of the future
>>
Trying to star a career in IT. Currently doing a co-op placement as a technician with the municipal government before I finish a 3 year diploma. There's a chance I'll get hired here permanently.

It's not very prestigious or challenging or anything but it's comfy and will pay a living wage.
>>
Got a degree in ecology and evolution before realizing it's useless and futile without getting a PhD and going into academia, and even then, jobs are so much less abundant than other fields.

So I'm thinking of getting an engineering degree, since that job market seems to be doing better and has more practical applications that don't require as much education, or some kind of education regarding environmental testing and remediation, so that I might be able to salvage some of the education I already have.

Anyone know if I'm setting myself up for trouble with civil or mechanical engineering if I was shaky in calculus when I took it a few years back?
>>
27 years old, working as a clerk. I have no chance of improvement where I'm working, no skills to take elsewhere and I'm too lazy, old and stupid for school. My career plan is honestly suicide.
>>
I'm 25 and am just now trying to get my ged kek
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.