[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are people even able to live their lifes? Nothing feels real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6
File: 1467022375562.jpg (23 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1467022375562.jpg
23 KB, 360x360
How are people even able to live their lifes? Nothing feels real I have to constantly remind myself that I'm person. The stagnation also feels soulcrushing, but I don't have the motivation to do something either.
>>
>>29562771
Because 90% of them aren't clinically depressed.

Seriously, you just named off three symptoms of depression. Like, actual, medical depression.
>>
I felt the same way when I was depressed. I'm not depressed now, but I still don't particularly care about being alive or functioning as a regular member of society. But part of what got me out of depression was the realization that I could help other people, even if I didn't give a single shit about myself. In fact, that made it easier to help other people. Other people that care about things and want things and love things. Good people that need, that deserve some fucking help, someone on their side that doesnt want a single thing in return.

I fantasize constantly about dying. Cars swerving to kill me. Getting gunned down buying food. Anything to put me down. But I'll never commit suicide, because I'll die eventually, there is no rush. In the mean time, I can lift others up.

And sometimes its even enough to justify all the stupid little bullshit in life.
>>
File: 1467022887405.jpg (87 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
1467022887405.jpg
87 KB, 850x600
>>29562781
But I'm not depressed, I'm just too lazy to do anything in my life. Seeing how other people like my sister are noving forward and improving, while I don't even have the energy for videogames and anime anymore feels pretty bad.
>>
>>29562852
You seem pretty depressed anon. Losing interest in things you once loved is depression.
>>
File: 1467022667481.jpg (48 KB, 765x799) Image search: [Google]
1467022667481.jpg
48 KB, 765x799
>>29562843
I'm not sure that I'm depressed, but even if I wasn't, I don't think I would be able to help others. It is hard for me to feel empathy in general, I always had much trouble with interpersonal abilities. I often think about suicide and have "plans", but I don't really want to die, it feels like I want to stop existing. But trying to help people is pretty ambitious, I respect you for that.

>>29562863
I probably don't have clinical depression, it is just a bad phase which is going on for too long. Maybe it is just my life. I often ask myself how it feels to like to have fun or some other emotion, I often think that I can't even remember these things anymore.
>>
File: 1.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
>>29563040
I felt the same way for awhile, it was just a bad phase for me. Whole thing lasted about 6 months, but I'm sure you'll get through it eventually.
>>
>>29562843
good post breh
>>
File: 1442358532187.png (523 KB, 640x1320) Image search: [Google]
1442358532187.png
523 KB, 640x1320
>>29564419
I'm like this for over 2 years already, sometimes I have phases where I am "content" and feel some sort of serenity, but then it goes downhill again. Having to always remind myself if I'm real, that I'm a person. I feel totally lifeless and don't know what I should do. Sleeping all the time and then puking while waking up is also bad. What is wrong with me.
>>
>>29564585
what were you doing differently two years ago that you aren't now? what changed that put you in this state?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.