[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinnitus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Attorney.jpg (21 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Attorney.jpg
21 KB, 500x334
Anyone else's ears constantly ringing?

I hate summer because I have to sleep with a fan on and it is twice as worse now.

Anyone have any other ways to cope with it other than drowning it out?
>>
I can make the ringing stop if I concentrate
>>
>>29559551
turn on the radio nigga
>>
>>29559551
>I hate summer because I have to sleep with a fan on and it is twice as worse now.
lolwut? White noise is supposed to help by making you forget there's a ringing.

Anyway, I've had mild tinnitus for two years now. My doctor can't find a cause of it. I have it more in my right ear than my left one but there's a very faint tingling on that side as well.

Mine is really easy to live with though. It sounds like feint sleigh bells jingling. Some people have it super gnarly, I'm told.

Oh, and there was a thread on /b/ about this a while back. I wrote down some suggestions by people but haven't gotten around to following through on any.

-Go to ATA - American Tinnitus Association website and look up sound therapy.

-Copied via reddit, apparently it works (don't have tinnitus myself).
Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org.

-For me, it's caused by rising or elevated blood sugar levels.

-You guys have internal inflamation. Sort the intollerance/allergy or whatever is causing your inflamation and the tin* will vanish.
>>
I lost 30lbs pretty rapidly last year and ever since then my right ear has had mild tinnitus. I keep hearing clicking too
>>
>>29560128
It sounds blood pressure related, then. You probably have lower blood pressure and it's doing soemthing to your ears and brain.
>>
Not ringing, just a wooshing noise that is in sync with my heartbeat.
>>
Yes. I hear actual phones ringing several hundred feet behind me. It's because I overdid it with ketamine a few months ago and now have HPPD.
>>
>>29559672
The reddit trick works marvels for me. Only have to drum my fingers about a dozen times and it'll be gone for hours.

Mine is somehow related to my anxiety.
>>
>>29559672

This trick works for me.

Told my father who was an aircraft mechanic in the USAF to do this as well years ago. He does it every morning to make it stop.
>>
>>29559672
>mfw I don't know how to snap my fingers
>mfw I don't know how to whistle

any robots know this pain
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.