[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your ideal version of yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Hey anons, I am curious what /r9k wants to be like. Who do you model yourself after, who are your role models? Why are these people or characters your role models? Who do you want to be? Is this person fit? Artistic? I am curious, and I think it's a pleasant thing to think about.

I personally look up to spike from cowboy bebop, and also the yogis of india. I like how non chalant, non-attached, and skilled that spike is. To me he is the epitome of cool, and I love that he fights savate. The yogis also impress me, they are so in control of themselves. They look like they are filled to the brim with discipline and understanding. They don't look like they are ruled by their own thoughts, and when they cry tears of joy during meditation it moves me. They do all of that while being often homeless and borderline impoverished. Meanwhile there are millionaires out there who are tormented by their mind, and unable to find enjoyment in things despite their vast array of resources.

I picture the ideal me as fit, proficient in martial arts, someone who meditates a few hours daily, skilled in drawing perhaps. I would dress well and be very calm and collected, very laid back and chill, but very effective at the same time. I also have a tulpa, I picture myself taking that all the way and having her be fully imposed on my senses. So I would be this kind of zen character, who chills with his tulpa and develops proficiency in various skills. That is my dream. I have started meditating a lot, I don't know if I will ever achieve my dream, but I figure I ought to try.

What about you guys?
>>
Protip: if you stop meditating for a while, you'll be back to the same autist you were before.

t. Someone who needs to restart meditating before he sinks further down into his rut
>>
>>29558374
I want to be who I am. This mentality has helped me make a good salary at a young age and I have no trouble meeting people.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 925x780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 925x780
I don't have role models. I might pick Simon from TTGL. Having Infinite willpower and determination to follow your goals and complete them.

I might also pick the main cgaracter from persona 4. Top of his class. Most social person in town. Has super powers. Saves the world. Balances all this. Has a perfect waifu.

I'm way closer to Adachi than Yu though. Hooray for the symbolism of the fool.

Upright: infinite possibilities and an ability to interact comfortably in any situation
Reversed: wasted potential,

I envy anyone who has a more successful life. But theres no one I can model my life after, so no real role models for me.
>>
Never had a role model not even my dad.

I'm not unique tho. Just a boring person :^)
>>
File: tumblr_static_butty.png (380 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_butty.png
380 KB, 480x640
This handsome devil
>>
>>29558575
I identify with Adachi, but I'm not at the level of "fuck it" to do what he did.
>>
>>29558500
I can understand that. I read something interesting in the hagakure (the only book on bushido) about role models. It talked about how having one can be bad for you if your role model is a person in their entirety. It said that what you should do is find aspects of different people that you look up to. Like having a fitness role model, a business role model, an intellectual role model, an artistic role model, that way you don't take on the bad traits of your role models along with the good.
>>
File: 1447099962657.gif (988 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447099962657.gif
988 KB, 500x281
>>29558374

Characters that appeal to me are usually the chill and collected type too. Like Kino, GInko from Mushishi, Alex Row from Last Exile, Lawrence from Spice and Wolf, Urahara from Bleach, Lain, Boogiepop, Yoshii from Texhnolyze (before he snaps)
>>
>>29558374
napoleon tbqh senpai
>>
File: 99.jpg (36 KB, 549x300) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
36 KB, 549x300
I just wish I could put all the crazy ideas and visuals in my head on some sort of crazy connection board like pic related and figure out the meaning of everything/life

but ill probably never even start it let alone have the actual possibility of solving/discovering anything
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.