[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /can'tfindajob/ I've been looking for five
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Dimly lit room.png (136 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
Dimly lit room.png
136 KB, 500x477
Who here /can'tfindajob/

I've been looking for five weeks now and I've gotten five different interviews at different establishments at not ONE of them called me back, I don't know why either. I have a good track record from my other jobs, and I have a college degree but these jobs were fucking retail jobs. They weren't even corporate level/industry level jobs, I can't even get fucking rinky dink retail stores to call me back. And then they make you come in for not ONE interview but TWO and it has to be with TWO different managers, and then I call and follow up with them and they tell me

>"Oh give a few more days."

or

>"Oh we haven't really been processing applicants yet"

Fuck job hunting, I enjoy not working but at the same time I would like some spending money also my parents are driving me up the wall. I know they don't want me sitting in the house, and they know I'm looking for work but they just want me to spend the day doing something productive instead of sitting in the house all day.

I'm pretty much a NEET right now, I have no friends or social life and they know that.
>>
>>29556670
Jesus, how fucked up do you have to be to not find a job? All you need is two functioning arms and two functioning legs and two functioning ears and you're worth paying to do shit. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>29556748
It's not that simple, faggot. Why do you think we have a job process in this country? We still have to fill out applications and go for interviews, employers have to choose whether or not we get hired regardless of our skills. There are a myriad of reasons I might not be getting called back, for instance I know lots of other people were applying for the positions that I applied for at these retail jobs. I saw other applicants waiting for their interviews, chances are they got the job instead of me, why? I don't really know, but either way the job market is competitive, even for rinky dink retail jobs as well.

Also I have standards, for instance I refuse to work in fast food or the food service industry so some places/jobs I just simply refuse to do because my standards and morals won't allow it. Don't try to sound so conceited next time, asshole. But let me guess, you make 80k a year doing some corporate level job, right? Yeah, that's what they all say on this board, half the people are unemployed NEETS who live with their parents or off the government, the rest work in fast food or retail jobs and some of the rest probably do have nice paying jobs but a lot of them like to come on this board and tell strangers they're working for some fancy company making 80k or 100k a year.

At least I don't come on to the internet and lie to strangers about my life to raise my own self esteem and self confidence, lying to one's self is more pathetic in my eyes. There's nothing wrong with taking pride in one's work, if you're proud to work in retail or some shitty fast food job, then that's fine.
>>
>>29556670
Have you tried temp agencies?
>>
>>29556959
Not really but I hate to get involved with them, I've gone onto sites like Monster and what not to look for job openings but that's about it.

I suppose I might have to start looking into temp agencies since nothing else is working for me.
>>
go where the work is

you can get into any career you want if you are willing to move to the right place

what kind of job is it that you REALLY want, forget this mcjob crap
>>
>>29556992
Definitely give it a try, I know it sucks working in a place where you're not a guaranteed hire but its better than nothing. Also if worse comes to worse and they let you go you will at least have some experience to put on a resume.
>>
>>29556670
Go guard.
>>
>>29556873
Chill out dude. You're the one that can't get a job at a a fucking retail store.
Using this as new b8, thanks
>>
>>29556670
You've gotten interviews, so you're at least on the right track.

Just keep sending out applications, and don't forget that if you wait a few months, you can reapply to previous places.

Job hunts are a slog in this economy.
>>
>>29557492
I'm more worried about my parents, my mother REALLY can't stand me sitting in the house for much longer. It's eating away her, I'm worried it'll boil over or something. My dad is patient but my mother, not so much. As long as I keep looking it's fine, also my mom says stuff like

>"I don't want you working at these crappy retail places, you're better than that. You're smarter and better than the people that work there."

I've been sending my resumes to companies but to no avail, she thinks some company will call and offer me a job making 60k a year at entry level. I'm trying to find entry level corporate jobs but places aren't calling me, it's just tough. I live in Texas and I'd like to get a job in Austin or Dallas, you know? Some big city instead of living in this rural small town that I live in. The problem is if I did get a job in a big town I'd have to move, find an apartment and get settled in. The whole situation would give me culture shock, but it'd be nice if it actually happened.

I just want to get a decent job making like 50k or 60k a year, living in an apartment by myself. Maybe I could find some friends, and possibly a girlfriend because my hometown has nothing for me. The girls are stacy sluts and I can't find any nerdy weeb girls who aren't fat or lesbian, it's a country hick town so at least in a big city I'd have more diversity to find nerds and shit.
>>
>>29557451
It's easier from some than others, I know that's hard for you to understand or believe but there are educated/normal people who can't find jobs for one reason or another. Maybe you were just in the right place at the right time and you've never had to struggle to find a job, so congrats. Maybe one day you'll know what it's like, and when you do just remember, you thought finding a job was "easy"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.