[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, r9k! A thought has just appeared on my mind. So I am a neet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 14589483240660.jpg (41 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
14589483240660.jpg
41 KB, 604x453
Hey, r9k! A thought has just appeared on my mind. So I am a neet that lives in the south-western part of Russia. And I want to go to the eastern part or maybe reach China or Mongolia. Did anyone think about such things? I mean something like going far away from your homeland and sleeping in the forest and stuff. I think it will also be a good way for social isolation and thinking about your life in general. What equipment will you put in your backpack in such case? Am i good at English btw? Picrandom.
>>
>>29524891
You might actually fucking die though? Why would you just book it to another country by walking through the snow? Any plan for what you will do if you reach china?

Really bizarre idea
>>
>>29525075
Well I actually need a plan for this journey or whatever you call it. I've got to start working , earn money and save up. My mom sends me about 8$ a week. And I can save a half of it every time she funds me. I have to save enough money to buy equipment, food and of course self defense weapon. Other things are the rules of crossing a border. Many people in Ruusia travel by hitchhiking. The driver may ask some money for a ride. so it's an expense too. When I reach China I will propably die. From starving or getting shot by soldiers. But it seems I dont't give a shit. Sorry for creating this thread on r9k. It's my favourite board on 4chan.
>>
Why not just join Putin's glorious army and go fight in Syria instead?
>>
>>29525657
My god man, Im serious. I am not interested in politics and don't give a fuck about siria or ukraine. Why are all 4chan users are so mad at russians? That makes me sad :c
>>
>>29525749
4chan is generally russia-boo.
>>
>>29524891

Your English is fine, and I believe that you should take the chance and leave to China on foot. You would definitely manage if you planned it right and took the right supplies.

I say go for it, you're a NEET anyways.
>>
>>29525777

I have got the feeling that 4chan was generally pro-russian lately, last two years or so.
>>
>>29525749
But I'm not mad, it's just a semi-serious suggestion if you're really at the end of the rope, so to speak.

You're obviously searching for a cause in life.
>>
>>29525777
you mean obsessed with russian hisory, folk music, traditions? or it's about drinking vodka and doin' so called sqats?
>>
>>29525949
>at the end of the rope
yah, i guess i am so. but even if i am i want to end it up alone and resting. y'know russian army is kinda severe and full of tipical SLAVS. it would be a martyrdom for me.
>>
You need a high quality backpack that can hold a lot of weight and gear and that has plenty of support and straps/etc. for you. You need waterproof hiking boots that will last for a while.

Most important thing: Your pack is not a suitcase, it is a bag for holding other bags. Buy other smaller bags (stuff sacks, those ones with roll up handles, etc.) and designate one for clothes, one for food, one for toiletries, etc. Keep bags by category.

List of things you need:
-flashlight
-knife
-matches/lighter (pref both)
-rope
-plenty of carabiners
-enough water bottles to contain at least 64 ounces of water
-water filtration/purifier and purifying tablets

Those are survival essentials. You will also want to bring a poncho or something to put over yourself and more importantly your pack to keep it dry. Your clothing should be light and you should bring only the bare minimum (maybe one extra shirt, no extra pants, 2 extra pairs of socks and underwear). If it's cold bring a nice water and wind proof coat. Bring sunglasses and a hat (preferably with a brim that goes all the way around). Sunscreen (even in winter) and bugspray if there are bugs. If there are bears you will need bear spray but never ever spray it unless there is a bear, because the smell will eventually attract them.

Bring dehydrated food that you boil water to cook, peanut butter, bagels, etc. Lots of protein but don't bring anything that needs to be kept cold.

As for a tent, they make nice one person tents that can be pretty warm. Get one with a foot print and rainfly. Bring a sleeping pad (foam) and a sleeping bag good to at least 0 degrees F.

Never ever leave your food in your tent at night. Put it all in a bag and tie it high in a tree far from your camp. This is called a bear bag.
>>
>>29526052
Oh and a first aid kit obviously. And a small shovel and toilet paper (they make thin light rolls for camping)
>>
>>29525934
I know that russian imageboard 2ch(Dvach) was created by russian 4chan users to have something like 4chan in russian sector of inernet.
>>
>>29526039
Are you actually aware of how desolate the land is east of Yekaterinburg, even if you stick to the typical trans-Siberian route? I sincerely doubt you'd be getting even close to China, and if you really just want to end it all, there are better ways to go.

It's 2016. A grand adventure that ends in a movie-like epiphany is expensive enough that, if you need it in your life, you probably can't afford it.
>>
>>29526052
He's going to need a rifle, that is without a doubt, or else he is going to get eaten by wild animals.
>>
>>29526052
thank you, fellow robot, i will screensot this.
>>
>>29525443
if you are going through all that trouble you should buy a gun and take it on the trip
>>
>>29526052
>If there are bears you will need bear spray but never ever spray it unless there is a bear, because the smell will eventually attract them.

This is the best our scientists can come up with? A bear repellent that actually attracts bears sometimes too? Like imagine being chased by a bear, you spray the repellent at them, the bear runs away, but then you find yourself surrounded by like 10 brand new bears who were drawn in by the smell.
>>
>>29526149
I've heard that siberia is wild and abandoned. i didn't really mean to commit suicide. i just want to rely on my destiny. if i go through the whole way i may get some XP and learn more about the culture. but i may also die. game over.
>>
Dokazhi shto russkiy, pidar

Dokazhi
>>
Dude i know that feeling
Why dont you come live with me in chernobyl zone ?
>>
>>29526213
I had such idea. but it's more difficult to buy a gun in russia. in the usa it's alot easier. but i think there are some illegal ways.
>>
>>29524891
wow, that place looks grim

i thought snow made places look nice
>>
File: doshirak.png (462 KB, 552x440) Image search: [Google]
doshirak.png
462 KB, 552x440
>>29526359
i think it's just a trolling attempt. but i dont care. so here you are. russian neet food . DOSHIRAK
>>
>>29526382
where do you live my friend? any post-soviet country?
>>
>>29526512
What's that inside, can't see shit. GIS says it's instant noodles.
>>
>>29526512
>DOSHIRAK
>>
>>29526649
it's instant mashed potatoes. sauce included in the kit.
>>
>>29526674
yah, we have doshirak instant noodles. they're pretty good by the way. for a neet.
>>
>>29526512
No timestamp and answering not in Russian. Pedrila trolila ubey sibya apstenu
>>
>>29526709
>The Korean instant noodle brand Doshirak has been available in Russia for a quarter of a century. Despite its prevailing perception as a beggar's banquet, the noodles have turned out to be a popular lunch with office workers too.

Korea!
>>
>>29524891

Sorry, but I'm addicted to the internet.
>>
File: jemchug.png (460 KB, 636x476) Image search: [Google]
jemchug.png
460 KB, 636x476
>>29526983
etogo dostato4no 4tob ty poveril mne ?
>>
>>29524891
you should supply more pictures like this. they make me feel comfy for some reason...
>>
>>29527040
i belive you can find such pictures yourself. there are alot of them on sosach and vk
>>
>>29526554
No, but really close.
>>
>>29527114
so where?
>>
>>29524891
I always dreamt of having a journey through southern Siberia, I love the endless hills with pine tree forests and occasional abbandoned structures, radio towers, as well as wide open tundras. Go for it, OP, you have my blessing
>>
>>29525749
He said "glorious", that doesn't seem that mad
>>
>>29527034
Dostato4no
>>
>>29527483
fain zen
>>
>>29527126
Germany. You legit interested ?
>>
>>29527564
oh i see. so you got any plans?
>>
>>29524891
>>29525443

>A NEET going outdoors

senpai you'll die before reaching the end of your province or district or whatever it is they have in Russia, in fact I don't see you making it one whole day with all the stuff you'll need to carry on your back.

Plus

>f. I think it will also be a good way for social isolation

Don't you already have that as a NEET? Why do you need more?
>>
>>29524891
Take a ride on the Trans Siberian Railroad
It will take you very far but needs money
Maybe go visit Irkutsk, see lakes
Maybe you can change your life
>>
>>29525749
Don't worry anon I like Russia, I have a very good Russian friend. He is in moscow now. When he comes back maybe I will learn some Russian
>>
>>29527564
>>29527592
Don't do it. Siberian mosquitos are the worst in the world. They'll make you want to kill yourselves. Lutshe v armi sluzi.
>>
>>29524891
Go on lots of smaller camping trips to gather survival knowlege and experience as well as resistance to the outdoors and general fitness.

Dont jump right into a cross country pilgrimage.

Make friends with hunters, trappers, soldiers, guerillas, outdoorsmen, anyone who has the skills youll need most people like sharing such things.
>>
>>29527592
Basically go there, reach a very remote village, and just live of the land and stay of the radar.
Make super comfy houses and just spend the days there. Grow some weed. Music and maybe even internet via solar panel.
We could get like a little r9k community going, maybe do monthly supply runs to a city for stuff.
>>
>>29528058
And when the cops come for the weed, you do what?

Do you really think you can stay unnoticed anywhere in 2016? Except perhaps in a deep underground mine, and even then you'll be noticed coming and going and investigated.
>>
>>29524891

In what country is your mom working?
>>
i want to live in russia
how long can i last with 15k
>>
>>29528409
How are you planning on getting any kind of a longer term visa?
>>
That's pretty neat. NEAT.
>>
>>29528426
i plan on living there illegally once the visa expires
>>
>>29528268
You cant be noticed if theres nobody around to notice you. Thats the point.
>>
>>29529146
There's always someone at the last path you're going to take into "nothingness", and even the wilderness has people in it, it's not the Brazilian rainforest in 1492 dude.

And you're not even taking into account all the Soviet and post-Soviet military/industrial shit that's in the middle of nowhere that you have a very good chance of stumbling upon at least closely enough to get tortured as a potential spy.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.