[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever tried to pick up a stranger out of desperation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 2.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
Have you ever tried to pick up a stranger out of desperation? How did it go?
>tfw don't even have courage to do this
>>
Did. Was pretty drunk(about 10 pints of beer and some shots). I just walked up to these two women obviously friends and started talking to them since they seemed bored, I underestimated my inebriation level big time. When one of them started talking about traveling and how she was in Thailand I started talking about apocalypse now(thankfully not about traps now that I think about it). And when they mentioned they are doing some agricultural uni I started talking about societal collapse and cannibalism.

Some people are just too autistic for this world. I still asked them for their numbers though, they both had a bf obviously.
>>
Like, I'll never pick them up, but yes I have began talking to random women.

Sometimes my comments can even slightly be construed as a come on.
>>
File: 1416812567427.png (21 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1416812567427.png
21 KB, 473x500
>>24494865
>they both had a bf obviously.
>>
>>24494865
>they both had a bf obviously.
Women are liars. They say they have bfs even though they don't. They think it is polite.
>>
>>24494916
>>24495167

>Having a 5 year old's level of reading comprehension.

The obviously in his post is clearly sarcastic. That's what he is implying.
>>
>>24494916
>>24495167
I actually saw them though. It was the strangest thing, I asked her for her number and in about 5 seconds some guy walked up to her and started talking to her/kissing her neck. She even introduced me and I talked to that guy for a while, he was chill. I guess I failed, but at least I didn't get my ass kicked. He understood that I couldn't have known she had a bf and I wasn't being sleezy/overly pushy so I got away with it.

>>24495202
I honestly don't know what you are implying.
>>
>>24495239
Too bad. Have you tried picking up girls ever since then?
>>
>>24494823
Tried talking to a girl in a bookstore once. In a section that had books in it that I liked so I made the guess that she might like this genre as well. Try to engage her in conversation and I can barely get the word hello out of my mouth before she throws her arms up and has a look of terror on her face like I had pulled a weapon on her. She runs away and I'm left standing there in the aisle wondering what the hell just happened.
>>
>>24495479
>not chasing her while shouting "get out of my bookstore, plebshit. i bet you read young adult fiction, fucking pleb"
>>
>>24495479
You must have startled her. I would imagine you needed to take some more time approaching her?
>>
>>24495534
I've been startled by people before and I've startled others before and never once was the reaction to just run off like that especially with it being broad daylight in a crowded store. It makes me look like some kind of monster to the other customers in the store.
>>
ive done it. street approaches. Lots of weird looks. did it 30+ times during 2 days in the summer. Got one number, buuut led to nothing...
do not recommend
>>
>>24494823
>be at friend's middle school dance
>see 7/10
>note I am a freshman and everyone here is 6th grade
>friends egg me on to go ask her to dance
>go ask
>"sorry, I already have a dance partner"
>she giggles and dances off with one of her Stacy friends
>the dance is near ending
>chugged at least four root beer floats at this point, probably shouldn't be driving.
>she walks over to me
>"why did you ask me to dance with you?"
>"because I think you're pretty"
>awwwwwww
>she's literally looking down on me, as she's wearing high heels and is already about my height
>"what grade are you in?"
>"I'm in eighth."
>"WHAT. Really? I couldn't tell I thought you were a grade below me because you're just so short!"
>I look down and just kinda nod as she keeps talking until she leaves

Well that was the most conversation I've gotten out of a girl in person that I was pursuing romantically anyway
>>
>>24495590
It's the only way out though. I don't see any other way. I don't have female friends at school and at work to have crush on.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.