[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to get a burger job without ever having to deal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 231x218
Is there a way to get a burger job without ever having to deal with a customer? I don't mind flipping burgers 8 hours a day but I can't talk to people. My voice gets all low and mumbly (even in relaxed situations with people I know, they often correct me on this, though I can't even "hear" it) and apparently my face has a mopey look to it, just be default. My fake smiles are really creepy, too. There's really no happy medium.

Anyway, what places should I apply to? How do I navigate the situation to increase my chances to get put in the back? What signs should I look for in places that would indicate one way or the other? Like would busy places make this more likely, or slower? What other factors should I account for? What other steps should I take?

If it's a thing that's determined after getting hired, what steps can I take in terms of interacting with my boss/coworkers to increase my chances of being put in the back? Is it appropriate to just be upfront with the boss? Also, is there a way to earn juice with my kitchen coworkers to get them to step up and deal with customers in emergency situations?
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
It's threads like these that really make me resent the normies. This is just a simple task for them. True, they may not WANT to get a burger job, but once they're motivated by whatever means, the process is fairly simple for them. They don't have to factor in all the potential anxiety-inducing social circumstances of it. They just take it all for granted. Robots also don't want to get jobs but they have all the social retardation and anxiety stacked on top of it. This contrast applies beyond jobs, too. It's pretty much all of life.

The rational part of me knows there's no reason to mad, but I still do, because I really don't think they grasp just how hard it is for us when they tell me how easy it is and even once to "Just BE yourself".
>>
>>29517481
Thing is, after a while it gets somewhat better. If you're ugly as fuck then you have nothing to lose.
>>
>>29516720
Might be different for America, but Mcdonalds in 'Straya only puts the girls at the front to talk to customers and everyone else works at the back. Might be a little hard to get a job there though cause they prefer to hire teens that they can underpay.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 1136x640
I've asked a similar question before and got conflicting advice. Some people say they put all the Spergs/uggos at the back and let the charismatic/presentable ones deal with the customers. This seems a pretty intuitive.

However, one guy said that they put the people with no personality/ugly at front with the customers, so as to not annoy the rest of the team, and they are so beta they'll let customers walk all over them, which is what managers secretly prefer, according to this guy.

So IDK
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 238x212
>>29516720
>My voice gets all low and mumbly (even in relaxed situations with people I know, they often correct me on this, though I can't even "hear" it) and apparently my face has a mopey look to it, just by default. My fake smiles are really creepy, too. There's really no happy medium.

A-Are you me? This has been the bane of my existence. My default settings make me seem like a miserable autist, and no matter how much I practice speaking and talking with people, my voice gets all low and mumbly, but I can never even tell unless someone points it out. Same with facial expressions. I've practiced facial expressions for maybe a hundred hours in the mirror (learning to feel them so I can "feel" what my face looks like), but sometimes when I meet strangers they tell me to "cheer up, kiddo". Like wtf? Really? I thought I had my face set right. I thought I was fine. I FEEL fine. But I guess I don't look it. Apparently I look like my dog died that morning.

I really can't help you OP. But maybe what didn't work for me will work for you. If you're willing to put in the work and have more luck than me, this won't even be an issue.
>>
Listen to me right now. If this is this big a problem for you, get a job that you can work from home. If you need to take classes, then beg mummy to lend you the money to pay for them. If it requires skills you don't yet have, buckle down and train for weeks/months until you have developed them. But please, please work from home.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 276x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 276x213
>>29516720
Hmmm. I really can't offer any help.

I seriously get NEETbux.

It sounds like you have pretty crippling social issues. Perhaps you should go get diagnosed and then you can get NEETbux, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 200x193
I live with mummy still. I can't help you, OP.

But I really wish I could, and I know there are people who can, but aren't, which really pisses me off.

If you lay out a detailed scenario about your social anxieties, and are asking for ways to improve yourself and take control of your life, no one wants to help. They want to stay depressed, and bring everyone down with them. So these threads get very few replies.

Meanwhile threads about qt3.14 waifus get like 90 replies.

This board really sucks.
>>
>>29518259
Actually this board is preserving its character and fulfilling its only unique purpose as a complete shithole where people wallow in misery.

IF you want real advice, you can go to
>>>/adv/
or
Every Board on Reddit Ever
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x176
Wow. Given that the job threads here get around 3-4 hundred replies, you'd think someone here would be able to help.

Next time OP just start a job venting thread, and then like 2 or 3 replies in pose as someone else and ask this question. You might get a response that way. Maybe frame it in a way that will allow the person who respond as to bitch even more whole answering your question.
>>
>burger job

Listen here nigra, you don't wanna do that. Got an all night grocery store within an hour's drive from where your ass is sitting right now? A hardware store that closes at a reasonable time in the evening? You're in luck. Ask a manager about how one would go about applying for a job cleaning their floors at night.

Lots of walking, lots of keeping the machines in a straight line. They'll take just about anyone so long as you don't have a record of stealing shit. It's easy, you generally get paid pretty decently, it's better than flipping burgers, and lots of places are always hiring because almost nobody sticks around too long at such jobs for some reason. By far the best work experience I've ever had. Consider it OP, good luck.
>>
>>29516720
>Is there a way to get a burger job without ever having to deal with a customer?
Grill is what I do and I never interact. Of course making food won't be all you do.
>>
Get a factory job.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 220x293
You could be one of those people that hold up advertisement signs near major roads
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.