[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-critisism thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: 92922+62+2288292982982.jpg (1 MB, 4096x4096) Image search: [Google]
92922+62+2288292982982.jpg
1 MB, 4096x4096
Often times I see here things like "I wanna kill myself" or "I'm faggot" and that is bullshit. Greentext stories can really show how world can be cruel to you, but have you ever thought why? In this thread you can tell us what's your biggest flaw and we will try to help you. Be accurate and try to not use "autism, retardness etc."
>>
If I start with myself it's my reputation and look of others to me. Everyone in workplace thinks I'm some kind of murderer because often times they saw me browsing here - they also saw some youtube videos about 4chan threads on /b/ and they think I am fucking criminal.

Besides 4chan and my social reputation, im happy with myself - not perfect but happy and fine.
>>
>>29509654
I am constantly looking for new ways to feel guilty. Even as a child I could never relax, even for a minute, because I feel like I am always obligated to be doing better than I am right now. I always feel like it's my fault when something goes wrong, I perpetually feel guilty for the ways that I've hurt people, I feel guilty for not being a better person, for my fucked up sexuality, for my intrusive thoughts, for my drinking, for not socializing enough, for working a shitty job, for spending too much time online, for not playing fucking harder video games, for disliking most people, for being so pessimistic and cynical, for not being eloquent enough, for making my therapist suffer through crine-worthy sessions with me every week, EVERY LITTLE FUCKING THING

I don't know how to stop, /r9k/.
>>
It's hard for me to form lasting bonds with people. I always overthink it and stop hanging out with people and electronic communication (which seems to come so naturally to others) is very difficult for me. Eventually everyone just fizzles out of my life and we forget each other.
>>
>>29509654
>In this thread you can tell us what's your biggest flaw and we will try to help you
Im fatalist to the extreme. The reason that i dont even care because if my destiny would've been different, i'd be living differently. It doesnt matter what you do because you live according to the destiny - if you've been supposed to be Chad, you'd be Chad. No amount of lifting or socializing cannot change it's course - if you're destined to meet girl, you'll meet her, otherwise it's not for you.
>>
>>29509959
Have you ever felt guilty? Of course you have, usually because you were indeed guilty. But what about those times when you have feelings of guilt even when you didn't do anything wrong? We would call this false guilt, and that is the subject of this essay.
False guilt usually comes from an overactive conscience. It's that badgering pushing voice that runs you and your self-image into the ground. It nags: "You call this acceptable? You think this is enough? Look at all you've not yet done! Look at all you have done that's not acceptable! Get going!"
You probably know the feeling. You start the day feeling like you are in a hole. You feel like you can never do enough. You have this overactive sense of duty and can never seem to rest. One person said he "felt more like a human doing than a human being."
Next, I would like to focus on the source of false guilt: an overactive conscience.Imagine a light bulb glowing brightly on a warm summer's night. What do you see in your mind's eye? Bugs. Bugs of every variety are attracted to that light. The light bulb serves as a magnet for these insects. Imagine that light is an overactive conscience. The expectations of others are the "bugs" that are attracted to the "light" of an overactive conscience.
Now imagine a light bulb burning inside a screened porch. The bugs are still attracted, but they bounce off the screen. The overactive conscience has no screen. But it is more than that. The overactive conscience doesn't want a screen. The more "bugs" the better. Why? Because the whole purpose is to meet expectations in order to gain approval and fill up the emptiness of the soul. This is an overactive conscience, a light bulb with lots of bugs and no screen.
>>
File: comfybutfeels.png (247 KB, 550x495) Image search: [Google]
comfybutfeels.png
247 KB, 550x495
>>29509654
>pretty severe depression mixed with social anxiety
>have fairly low friends and find it hard to communicate with other appropriately if at all
>very shut in and would like to counter this
>would v much appreciate a qt grill to sit and watch comfy movies with

pic related
>>
File: 1447678962607.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447678962607.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>29510135
Normie. True robots are beyond wanting girls as they see themselves as defect beings.
>>
>>29510135

Just visit library or some anime festivals near you. I promise you find a comfy girl there but I must warn you - they are always fat as fuck and might be sjw or dominant. But they sure watch your movies as long as they have something to eat with it.
>>
>>29510026
Not everyone can be your friend forever. People come and go thats the life. Just find someone and try to focus on them, especially if they can stand or like you.
>>
>>29509654
>be me in class
>prof asks us to get together pairs to do tasks
>girl next to me
>sperg out and just stare at my paper
>we both start working independently
>5 mins in prof walks around checking our answers
>comes to us
>"are you working together?"
>girl says: "uh, not really"
>still can't initiate conversation with her
>a little later she starts working with the girls next to her
>at this point i still stare autistically on my paper

>feelssoembarrasing.jpeg
Didn't go to next session.
>>
>>29510135
>Pic related

Whew, oh boy. Poor lad.
I shouldn't tell you the story behind that, should I?
>>
File: 1461167618065.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461167618065.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>29510053
>Sword of Destiny have 2 sharps and 1 of them is you - other one is death.

Read this in some fantasy book 15 years ago. Means that destiny and yourself are bond together. Sure that maybe your destiny is to live comfy robot life, but maybe your destiny is to read this post and someday find that girl or become chad - its up to you to believe in destiny.
>>
>>29510085
That's all very interesting and pretty but what would you suggest I actually do about it?
>>
>>29510268
yeah sure senpai go for it
>>
File: 1459666258971.jpg (487 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
1459666258971.jpg
487 KB, 800x1066
>>29510350
>Sword of Destiny have 2 sharps and 1 of them is you - other one is death.
I'm not afraid of death as a concept, only a pain which comes before it. I do believe destiny but even i cannot explain where it will lead me. Maybe your words will bring me a dream which will inspire me to do things or merely sink into bottomless pit of unconsciousness. Maybe i'm meant to live through this dark knight of soul just to see light in the end, maybe i'm meant to endlessly wander in the void just to lose my remains of sanity.
>>
>>29509752
Tell them that 4chan isn't all just /b/
>>
I'm 28 years old and im a loser in recovery. I am also a kissless virgin.

I failed out of college back when i was 19.

I wasted a couple years after getting kicked out working shitty minimum wage jobs and living with my parents. I told the truth when my mom asked how i was doing and wound up staying a week in an acute mental care facility. Eventually i made enough progress that i went to a tech school and learned how to weld and machine. Things started looking up for me and a got a job as a welder for a $15 an hour training wage. Then the second day on the job i dropped a tool on my hand and i broke my hand.

Instead of getting down and feeling like it was pointless to try i enrolled in a community college. I needed to prove to myself that i could actually do something. After not doing any math for 6 years I was placed in calc 3. I also took a physics class and few others. After two semesters i was at straight A's. I transferred to 4 year university after that. I now have two semesters left and Ill have a bachelors in engineering. A few professors want me to go for my masters. I would have a grant so i wouldn't have to pay for anything. I would also get a stipend to live on . I have also had a paid engineering internship that i did well at.

So now i have a large nice group of about 10 friends i hang out with and im succeeding in school. My failing out of my old school has severely impacted my GPA here. I have managed to bring it up to a 3.2. The only area i haven't made any progress in is my appearance. Im still a fat sack of shit. If i can stop being fat, get into graduate school, and get into a relationship i will have considered myself a reformed loser.
>>
>>29509752
stop browsing 4chan at work/do it on your phone instead?
>>
>>29510368
recommending this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Eliminate-Guilt
>>
>>29510253
You acted perfectly right.
Bitch should have started talking if she didn't want this to get awkward.
But she chose to let it happen. All fault on her side, good work buddy.
>>
>>29510414
He was a /r9k/ user, the artist, and he often fulfilled requests for people in the /gfd/ threads (when those were a thing). The characters are him and his real gf.

She eventually left him because she was sick of the whole having to baby him thing.
>>
I don't know what the point is
I feel trapped
I don't know what being a better person would mean at this point

Being less obtrusive and aggressive online is the first thought that comes to mind, maybe being more creative too. That's all I can think of.

Why am I aggressive? I'm mad because I just want to disappear and every force is breathing down my neck, telling me its an impossibility. I think I am tired of being fucked with or fucked with by proxy.
>>
>>29510053
Bullshit

Former robot here. A year and half ago I was a NEET virgin loser who thought I would never be anything more. I don't think you can be much more of a mess than I was then. I couldn't even greet a normal person and ask them how they're doing without sperging out. I considered killing myself every day. And now I am basically a slightly awkward normie with a long time girlfriend (over a year now) and studying again.

This is my first time posting on 4chan in probably 6 months. I just came here to see the reactions to Brexit on /pol/.

Ask me anything if you want, I believe you can make it mate, there's no such thing as destiny.
>>
>>29510593
No that's only the right way if you're a coward. I should have took leadership and directed her in what to do. Maybe that's just how I handle things but he should have opened his mouth as well
>>
>>29510790
How did you end up being awkward normie from NEET robot? What was the turning point?
>>
File: 1428858871232.png (133 KB, 562x472) Image search: [Google]
1428858871232.png
133 KB, 562x472
>>29510815
Get off my board normieshit.
>>
Avoidant personality disorder. I can't form relationships or self-disclose.
>>
I'm mediocre.
I don't how to help it, though. I've tried to stop being lazy, but I don't have anything to wake up early for. I tried to stop drinking and smoking every day, but then life is just worse. I tried doing productive things all the time, realized I don't have enough productive things to do for my time.
How do I even stop being mediocre when I'm surrounded by mediocre people in a mediocre world and live a mediocre life? I don't even have goals to work hard for.
>>
>>29510944
Leave us alone you autist.
>>
>>29510919
Just saying, people will only see you as the person you present yourself as>>29510919
>>
>lose weight
>going well
>afraid of my new life as a skinny person

this don't even make sense
>>
>>29510962
>being so mediocre you actually start thinking everything is mediocre
You fucked up beyond repair.
>>
>>29510972
Nope, they you how you want to be percieved.
>>
>>29511029
Not him, but *percieve
>>
>>29511059
it's perceive you fucking numbskull
i before e god dammit
>>
>>29510944
Start talking to people like they're dogs.. no seriously, you know how you talk to your dog (or pet if you have one, let's just use our imagination here) and say whatever you want? Do the same with humans except tone it down. I used this technique and my social skills did a 180. Before you say this is a stupid idea just try it
>>
>>29511068
No it ain't. Learn your grammar before you embarrass yourself again.
>>
>Lose weight
>Have moments of weakness where I gauge myself
>Feel guilty
>Still losing weight but at a slower pace
>All because of those small moments of weakness
>>
>>29510999
People in general are very mediocre. A lot of them make a huge effort but they're not smart or good enough to succeed. I'm good enough to have big aspirations in life but I'm so mediocre I can't be assed to make an effort. I don't even know how.
I guess I could be considered successful next to most people. I'm good at a lot of things. But I'm not great at anything and I'm not great overall. I'm full of wasted potential and it makes me mad at myself.
>>
>>29511118
this.
eating salad makes me feel weird
i just cheat with coke but that's it
>>
>>29511029
Yes, they see you the way you want to be perceived , subconsciously you WANT people to see you as anti social because that's how you see yourself
>>
I have a strong fear of loneliness that I'm working on overcoming. I'm struggling w/ getting past my oneitis whose a close friend but turned me down. We're still really close friends, but its hard not being in his life on the daily (its summer now). Time heals all wounds though.
>>
File: 1464824503451.gif (1 MB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1464824503451.gif
1 MB, 480x340
>>29511173
Exactly.
That's what I've been saying the whole time.
>>
I'm constantly self-deprecating myself to keep up my character as the magical moron graduate assistant who somehow keeps it together on a day-to-day basis. It's not even intentional anymore, it's almost at the point where it's sad. Everyone loves the persona, but I feel it has actually eroded to I actually am.
>>
>>29511627
I have smth similar, just that I'm constantly self-decapitating myself.

>feelshardman.png
>>
I have extreme difficulties communicating with others. It only becomes worse the more I shut myself off from the world, which I do because I hate looking like an idiot who can't talk properly.

Not strictly the same thing but definitely related, I am extremely resistant to making changes when I can avoid it. I have to plan anything I do to stupid degrees. It's the main reason why I make little progress despite knowing what I need to be doing to improve.
>>
I'm lazy.
i have a shit work ethic and terrible hygene. i try to make routine but i can never get past the first day.
>>
>>29510790
Let's rate your cock. Quick!
>>
can't keep interest in anything for more than a month
>>
>Short (5'4)
>overweight (somewhere around 150)
>no motivation for self improvement
>social anxiety
>haven't had a girl show interest in me for many years

All this makes me feel unlikable. I keep hearing about all my friends have girls hit on them or like them and I feel like an outcast looking in. For the past few weeks I have made myself believe that it isn't worth it to be in a relationship but deep down I know it isn't true.
>>
>>29513347
Should have figured I would get no replies.
>>
I like to blame myself for everything bad that goes around me so I don't have to worry about fucking up nor blaming other people. Also, I'm a perfectionist so I hate being praised when I judge I underperformed somehow
>>
>6'5
>slightly muscular
>face doesn't look like shit
>can't stand normies so I don't interact with people
>tfw no asian gf

im not ashamed of myself but how do i meet girls
>>
>>29513645
Would you mind an Arab gf? All I want to do is text and act like we care about each other
>>
>>29513766
i don't really approve of sand niggers but if she was north indian and not hindi/muslim I think some of them can be cute
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 1360x1162) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 1360x1162
>>29513792
Am I good enough?

Origininalpost
>>
I'm too paranoid of everything. I know that it's irrational to believe people are talking about me behind my back, people are following/watching me(I can barely go into department stores because the mannequins there freak me out), or that people are by me but I still believe it. This paranoia just feeds my anxiety and then I get paranoid if people think I'm weird for looking uncomfortable which just makes me more anxious. Fuck I read 4chan posts over 20 times to look for mistakes because I'm scared of what some random person who I will never meet thinks of me.
>>
I'm terrified of rejection, disapproval, criticism, etc. I will avoid it at all costs. When it does happen, I get so angry that I feel like I could kill someone. I'm just not comfortable in my own skin at all, and I have no legitimate reason to be. I just feel inadequate even though I have no big reason to feel that way.

Here's some background about me. I had a rough childhood (drug addict father). I suffer from mild social anxiety (used to be severe, got a lot better when I started working) and I suspect I may have aspergers. Not just saying I'm an aspie because it's trendy, I have scored highly on pretty much every single online test. I'm good looking and do well in school and at work but have no friends and have never kissed a girl because I don't let people get close to me. I never go further than small talk with anyone.
>>
>>29513833
PLEASE
BE
IN
L O N D O N

(aboriginal post)
>>
My biggest flaw may be my own disability to admit certain flaws, even though I know it. I catch myself thinking all the time that the reason I'm such a disgusting piece of shit because the people around me are subconsciously preventing me from changing, but the reality is I'm just a weak willed piece of shit, and that even if I had the opportunity to fix my life, I wouldn't be able to get myself to do it. Which is my other biggest flaw, I guess.
>>
>>29511079
>whatever you want [...] except tone it down
so instead of have a filter on what he says, he should have a filter on what he says?
>>
I've spent and continue to spend my whole life fixating on what's wrong instead of what's right

I just want to die, but at the same time I know I'm not as fucked as so many other people who manage to pull through

For once I need to create a situation for myself where I can prove something to myself and others so I can stop worrying about things I only care about out of habit
>>
>>29513833
yeah you would be if that was a picture of you
unorginalpost
>>
>>29514149
Are you on Skype? Please I need a bf
>>
I feel my biggest flaw is just approaching a woman to tell her I'm interested in dating her.

When it comes to small talk or conversations, I have no problem, but when it comes to expressing genuine feelings, I choke up.
>>
My biggest flaw is my inability to hold a conversation. One time a guy asked me to tell him a story and I said I had to leave because I sperged out rip I wish I had friends
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.