[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to be a normie, growing up. I had some friends, I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 259x194
I used to be a normie, growing up. I had some friends, I could talk to strangers without having an anxiety attack, I even had a job at a burger joint (for a 15-year-old that is normie tier).

Then around age 16... Something went wrong, and I can't identify what. I lost all my friends, I had to quit my job due to a recent onset of anxiety, eventually it got to the point where I couldn't even talk to people I knew anymore without stuttering.

Now I don't even leave my room anymore. I text my mom if I need something and when she's asleep I'll go get it from upstairs. If someone is down in the basement for any reason I'll piss in bottles rather than walking by them to go to the bathroom.

Did the same thing happen to anyone else? Have you been able to identify the problem, and if so, were you able to reverse the damage? I'm 20. I don't want to end up like everybody else on this board. Unlike them, I used to be normal. I know what I'm missing out on to some extent. I don't want to be posting here when I'm 30. I want a normie life, and time is running out. So any help some redeemed normies who are still lingering here can offer would be much appreciated.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 625x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 625x479
You went from a normie to robot at age 16.

Maybe it's karma for bullying robots. You need to 100 good deeds before you can get turned back into a normie.
>>
>>29507631
I almost became Chad during my teenage years. I had a Chad crew, I bullied some kids, i had two girls fight over me to see who would get to kiss me first, colleagues respected me and always tried to strike some conversation with me.

Now i'm a pathetic NEET that can't even leave his room. Look back now, it's unbelievable, those moments will never repeat themselves, i will never have another chance again.
>>
I second OPs request. I wasn't always like the losers on this board, but now I am arguably worse than 90% of them. I really don't know where it all went wrong. I try every day to climb out of this hole. I talk to people at the mall, I constantly apply to burger jobs, I do therapy. But no matter how much I try, I can't get over my voice going mumbly, my face looking mopey, my hands shaking from social anxiety, anything. But I really am trying, with no success so far.

So if anyone can help our kind out, that'd be great. Most of the people here were probably born defective, and have no shot at redemption. There might still be something we can reactivate within us, cause we used to be normal.
>>
Hmm. I've always been a robot.

Idk maybe I should consider myself lucky, actually.
>>
It's called Learned Helplessness, OP. You'll need to retrain yourself to be social.
>>
>>29507746
Sounds like you peaked in high school. Lol.
>>
I was normie kid, had a pretty good childhood as a matter of fact. But then I developed shit self esteem and severe social anxiety when I was 12 after my parents went through a rough divorce. Middle school and high school were hell. I went to therapy, started working out, and got a job delivering pizzas and my life started to get a lot better. But I was nowhere near a Chad. Then I developed a chronic illness, and now I'm a NEET with depression and anxiety.

So I went from normie to robot to cyborg and then back to robot.
>>
File: 1466740995778.gif (664 KB, 253x200) Image search: [Google]
1466740995778.gif
664 KB, 253x200
>>29507631
I feel this
started hallucinating (audio and visual) and being extremely paranoid and anxious at 16
got diagnosed with schizophrenia and major anxiety at 19
I'm basically fucked anon
>>
>>29507746
What happened? There has to be a reason you fell so far.

Can't say I feel bad for you though since you bullied people.
>>
>>29507631
You need to comb through your memories in more detail, anon. You probably had some issues under the surface long before 16.
>>
>>29507869
This. Start small and work your way up. View it as a game, have fun with it.
>>
>>29508056
What illness? ???
Get better soon fampai
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1252x1252
I was never quite a normie, but my robotdom didn't really start kicking in until end of 7th/beginning of 8th grade.

There's no going back anon. Just because it set in late in life doesn't mean you're not as much in its grasp. People with adult onset allergies are no less allergic to the food than people who have been allergic since they were 2.
>>
>>29508265
I have something called SIBO. It's an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. Causes a bunch of different symptoms. I actually just discovered I have it a couple months ago after 2 years of wondering what the hell was wrong with me. Just started some treatments, no luck yet but I'm glad that I at least have a diagnosis now. I have to beat this illness before I go out into the world and try to become a normie. I'm not sure which of those battles is going to be more difficult.
>>
I wish I could be normal.

There's nothing at this point I can do. My vocal cords are damaged, my hairline has receded, I'm in a wheelchair. It'll never happen.

But oh how I wish...
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>29508646
I'm this close to reaching failed normie status, and then I get cancer.

It's not fair. It's just not fair.
>>
>>29507631
Your mom should help you end your life or at the very least stop enabling. What kind of useless peice of shit texts their mom to get them their tendies?
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 244x206) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 244x206
>>29509191
Lots of us you fucking normie, and if you don't then you need to
GET!
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 470x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 470x475
>>29509281
>>29509163

it is quite akin to summer in this thread
>>
>>29509806
>mobile posters are here year round
>"ah sure is summer in here"

You can tell how new someone is if they say something like that. If they're still regurgitating the summerfag meme, they haven't been here for more than 2 years.

I came to this site 6 years ago, and I spewed it too. Until I eventually realized that there wasn't a dip in quality in the summer. I actually think December/January are the worst months.
>>
>>29507631
Lol you're the opposite of me
>Used to be robot. Hated socializing, just wanted to be in my room all day playing vidya and having a giggle
>At 16 I peaked living the neet life and I hated it. Too lonely to be living like this forever
>Started working out more. I wasn't really fat but I did want to tone up
>Started eating healtier
>started talking to people
I'm doing it all by my self. I'm not even trying to brag. I just thought it was ironic how you've become the opposite of me.
4 years later and my clothes look better and I've gathered a social circle around me. People consider me a normie but I'm not stopping until I become chad.
I still like Robot stuff just as I always have since childhood.
>>
>>29507631
One thing I don't understand is why is there a need to urinate in a bottle? It's disgusting and it takes you barely 15 extra seconds to waddle up the stairs out of the basement to go piss in a toilet like something that resembles a human being. Plus, it removes the risk of a piss spill occurring, and it doesn't smell as bad.
>>
>>29509806
this is quite the bait you have there
>>
Not a robot
Not really anything
>tons of friends through school
>can get along and be very well liked by all groups
>never get close enough for anyone to really know me
>guise is strong enough that they think they do
>ff to adulthood
>moved states again tons of friends
>successful in career respected and we'll liked
>only person that really knows me is husband

If I died tomorrow there would be a huge turnout of people who would say they loved and knew me but only one who really would
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.