[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I have PTSD from my shitty childhood life. Every time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1466223419248.jpg (74 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1466223419248.jpg
74 KB, 601x601
I think I have PTSD from my shitty childhood life. Every time I remember it I'm just so angry and depressed.
>>
>>29496686
What happened?

Tell us robots so we can verify true PTSD or a severe case of being a little bitch.
>>
File: 1463145987097.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1463145987097.png
17 KB, 882x758
>>29496740
I was left alone in my apartment for 2 days when I was 5.

My grandma threw away my christmas present.

I pooped my pants during kindergarten

I got bit on the neck during kindergarten

I almost got hit by a car during kindergarten

I fell head first on an iron pole during kindergarten

I learned of my big brother's death during kindergarten

My mom broke her back during primary school. Dad brought her home to get an office chair before going to the hospital and I remember that horrible sight and screams.

I was bullied when I was 11 all the way to highschool

tfw no gf
>>
File: 1464527789036.png (17 KB, 640x773) Image search: [Google]
1464527789036.png
17 KB, 640x773
I'm also poor as fuck. I want to see if my family cared for me so I pretended to kill myself but they don't care. I hate them all.
>>
>>29496686
I was wondering if that's possible. I have nightmares about it. And sometimes the memories make me "stall" a little bit when they manifest; I need a few seconds to make them go away. It's not all that bad, but it happens all the time.
>>29496740
Not OP. For me, just silly loser robot stuff, never fitting in, making a fool out of myself, and loneliness. It just adds up I think.
Pretty sure I'm being a little bitch, but with *light* PTSD-like symptoms somehow.
I'm not an idiot, I know soldiers and survivors and stuff have had real tragedies to deal with.
>>
File: 1462380816783.png (501 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1462380816783.png
501 KB, 1102x967
>>29496834
op here, I think you are literally me. I'm a little bitch but those memories just won't go away. I didn't say everything because they're too painful to remember.
>>
>>29496814
>I was left alone in my apartment for 2 days when I was 5.
>My grandma threw away my christmas present.
>My mom broke her back during primary school. Dad brought her home to get an office chair before going to the hospital and I remember that horrible sight and screams.
>I was bullied when I was 11 all the way to highschool

I imagine these ones could be pretty bad. As far as all that other stuff it just sounds like normal kindergarten stuff. Which do you think messed you up the most? I would imagine either your mom's broken back or the throwing away of presents depending on the context.
>>
>>29496868
The apartment thing was horrible but I could barely remember it now.

desu my school life is the worst. I think I should mention this now but I have a really shitty name. I'm a bright person and likes to draw but I have no confidence in myself so I'm always left out. I get a mini seizure everytime someone calls my name.
>>
>>29496856
Oh no, you had it worse... By a lot I would say. But still. I had effects like that without all of this happening to me it seems...
>>
File: 1439582154315.jpg (64 KB, 592x754) Image search: [Google]
1439582154315.jpg
64 KB, 592x754
Well I'm actually okay now because touhou really saved my life and I have friends from college who appreciate this art. But I never told anyone about my autistic childhood life, only triggered when I'm alone. I generally shit post in /jp/ to get off steam.
>>
>>29496917
Well comrade it sounds to me more like you just won't let bad things go more so than they traumatized you. I'm assuming your mom got better? The apartment thing is forgotten. The grandma thing hopefully just left more more angry than traumatized...

I think you're confusing anger is trauma (not that they don't cross over). Would it be safe to say that when you think of seeing your decrepit mom, or shitting yourself or being left alone that you feel rage that you just can't let go of?

Also feel free to unload some stories about your time in school. Terribly sorry to hear about your name.

>>29496834
You pay attention too. If you're dealing with similar things you may just need to get it off your chest rather than deal with therapy or something over PTSD.
>>
>>29497011
>You pay attention too.
Yes sir.
>rather than deal with therapy or something over PTSD
I've never been considering that. If I got therapy it would be for depression...
I never really thought I could have a "real" PTSD thing, it just makes me think of it.
>>
>>29497101
I don't know where OP went but I guess I'll chime in that this seems to be a trend...

I also deal with this same issue.

Think back, think of something I deem "bad" (ranging from saying something stupid even when it didn't matter to being in situations that are genuinely rage inducing) and the same feelings of dread, discomfort and anger take over and I just want to die.

I don't believe it's anything PTSD related but the explanation of how we feel is similar to PTSD's definition so that's why you guys have used PTSD-like-situation to describe it.

The real question is why does this seem to happen in all 3 of us (and I'm assuming many more)?
>>
>>29497295
Thinking about it, it's probably just that symptoms like that aren't all that infrequent, but are *extreme* in the case of PTSD. And PTSD is a well-known thing, so we call it that.

Maybe stuff like that also occurs with all sorts of mental illnesses. I wonder if there's one that could be most associated with "robotic childhood" though. Maybe even just depression could cause that. Or maybe it's something on top of it...
>>
>>29497423
Most of us here are pretty young, I saw something interesting not long ago...

According to the video I saw:
Kids born from the late 80s-90s are considered to have been the most "spoiled" kids in US history. Unfortunately the fun came to a fast halt when 9/11 + stock market crash hit Americans.

It was an attempt to understand why millenials are so nostalgic. Perhaps in looking back on better times some form of depression has us looking at awful things as well.

Just a thought. That video may not have even had merit lol
>>
OP, think about this.

Is it remembering your bad childhood that makes you angry and depressed?

or does being angry and depressed what makes you remember your bad childhood?
>>
>>29497521
Uh interesting.

Personally, I really didn't have a good childhood though. Actually developed depression really young. That's why I don't read into stuff like that too much, it doesn't mean anything for me, I just didn't grow up right. But I guess I did see the world as a better place when I was young.

It could make a lot of sense for other people though. The world is turning to shit...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.