[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet and school performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1447978115739.jpg (207 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
1447978115739.jpg
207 KB, 500x488
How much did the Internet affect your school performance? Did it affect positively or negatively?

>had no PC until 8th grade
>managed to graduate primary school with decent grades up to 4th grade and average grades up to 6th grade by doing absolutely fucking nothing which is typical in most countries but whatever
>midway through 7th grade realise that you actually have to start studying to pass now
>fail a couple of subjects early on but manage to pass them at the end of the year, end up getting decent grades in general

>reach 8th grade, lost all of my IRL friends the summer before due to an incident
>become a sad fuck that only studies, watches TV and plays consoles
>get good grades, one teacher literally ends up bowing on the floor to me in the middle of the class because I failed his subject last year but ended up passing his exams with good grades
>midway through 8th grade I realise that I need a PC and pester my parents to get me one
>ignore TV and consoles entirely to use my PC all the time, using it for schoolwork as needed
>teachers complain that I'm starting to lose interest but I actually manage to finish the year with even better grades than first trimester

>reach 9th grade
>by this point I had become entirely addicted to the Internet and MMOs
>do pretty much nothing this entire year, only study sometimes before an exam, either do none of my homework or copy it from my classmates
>fail 4 subjects first trimester, no fucks given
>second trimester, fail 5 subjects
>end up failing just 3 subjects
>need to pass at least one of these to promote to the next grade
>reluctantly just study for one of these exams but end up failing along with only 3 other of my classmates

>still in 9th grade, get told that I can promote to 10th grade by doing next to nothing as I only need to pass a few shitty subjects
>manage to do this with no problems
>get into 10th grade, apparently qualify to be put into an easier course full of lazy faggots so I go there
cont
>>
I've learned much more practical knowledge from school than I ever did from the internet. I've only ever learned obscure factoids from browsing the Internet which made me feel "smart".
>>
>>29488141
>still do absolutely nothing and fail 3 subjects the first two trimesters
>fail 2 in the last one
>like usual, have to study the entire subject all the summer for the special exam like a total retard so I can promote
>barely manage to do this

>reach 11th grade, not only I end up doing absolutely nothing all year long but I also skip classes up to the point I almost got expelled
>fail one subject by the last trimester, do the special exam and pass like usual

>12th grade
>the same shit, struggle with everything because I didn't care and skipped class
>somehow managed to only fail one subject which I pass with the special exam anyway
>graduate with shit average grades for senior high school

>have absolutely no desire to attend any form of higher education right away
>fast forward until age 21, didn't even do any college entrance exams or take a job ever by then
>start feeling depressed with my current NEET lifestyle, I want to pursue at least vocational education which is cheaper, easier and shorter
>realise that since my grades are shit I probably would either not be accepted or fail like a faggot because most of the things I learned during school were forgotten now
>both being a NEET and student sucks

All of this can be perfectly atributed to my excessive computer usage. I can't believe my parents allowed all of this, I could have gotten a good career if I actually bothered to study like in 8th grade but studying so much was ridiculously depressing and pathetic for me. I was only content by being a faggot that played on his PC all the time, anything else was suffering.

I could have at least studied the entire year and not just for the final exams. I actually ended up performing about 7 of these special exams in my lifetime, for 5 grades. I was lucky I only managed to fail two of them, and only actually having to repeat one course.

Not that it will matter since I plan on killing myself soon anyway. But the intense regret remains.
>>
12 years is too fucking long
>>
File: vomit.jpg (275 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
275 KB, 950x950
>get PC at the end of 5th grade
>start playing Runescape (original) in the summer
>spend 80% of my free time playing MMOs all the way through graduation
>escalates in raiding until 3-4 in the morning in Highschool
Yea, a bit.
>>
>>29488187
For me it's the other way around, I learned next to no permanent knowledge in school. Math, science, chemistry, French... absolutely none of that. History was interesting but it didn't take me too long to realise that the history they taught at school was incredibly basic shit and that I needed the Internet to find out the real stuff.
>>
Chatting online really improved my spelling.

School is pretty shit though, I was really excited to research stuff and write essays when I got to high school only to find out that school reports and stuff were kind of a TV/movie meme and when they were assigned the subjects were always really limited.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.