[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: um1.jpg (94 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
um1.jpg
94 KB, 500x375
just lifting in general.
inb4 go back to /fit/
robot lifting is different than normie and chad lifting. We don't do it to impress roasties.
>>
Fit is an r9k that lifts

T. /fitzen/
>>
>>29476930
what circumference?
>>
>>29476857

If anything lifting for any reason except for functional fitness (firemen, sportspeople) is absolutely shit.

It's a huge waste of time.
Questionable health benefits past the early stages.
Will do absolutely zero with regards to attractiveness overall unless you were previously at an extremely low weight (anorexia etc.)
It'll make you talk about it to others further alienating and make you a fundamentally boring person. Not to say this happens to everyone but most people seem to conflate lifting with personal improvement but it won't do shit but make you a muscly robot.

Look you have a limited time on this earth, don't fucking waste your at the gym reading shit on the phone in-between sets being bored out of your mind, but convincing yourself it'll make any difference in the long-term. If you really care about have a well developed body make sure you find something interesting to do that will achieve that as a secondary objective (hiking, rock climbing, other outdoorsy cancerous shit).
>>
>>29476857
>robot lifting is different than normie and chad lifting. We don't do it to impress roasties.
Also we don't want to go to the gym.
What's the best way to workout with the cheapest equipment possible?
>>
>>29477150
Gold's Gym XR-45. cheap as hell. got one in my room. The bench press maxes out at 216 though and the weights you can get at are weird numbers cuz pulleys but its still good and cheap
>>
>>29477130
it's enjoyable, discipline, personal goals, satisfaction, personal time, etc. 2 hours a week is not wasting my limited time.

HURR DURR IT NEEDS LITERAL APPLICATION. fuck off you faggot.
>>
>>29477150
get dumbells, you can work out everything except back, get a pull up bar for your door to do back.

I do 1 hour a day twice a week heavy lifting full body workout and the other days I do light cardio (20 minute run in the morning) the rest of the week. years of consistency and you get good gains. 10 years and i look like a normie chad, but still retard awkward
>>
>>29476879
This. There's barely any difference between /fit/ and /r9k/ except that the rants are interspersed with discussions of lifting.

Don't act like nearly every robot here isn't just a failed normie though, nearly every one of us would drop robothood in a heartbeat if it was available.
>>
>>29477212
Oh neat. Thanks for the specific answer. Seems out of stock generally. There must be similar models though.
It can have resistance for both pushing and pulling?
All I have is a dumbbell with a bunch of weights. I only do curls and rows. Too afraid of dropping it on my head for the other exercises. I'm too distracted.
>>
>>29477282
>pull up bar
Yeah I thought I might need one. I'm fat though, I can't lift myself. Dunno if could pre-train for that somehow?
I'm losing weight, but slowly.
>>
>>29477322
it's pushing and pulling yes. I only really use dumbbells at like 3-5lbs for shadowboxing
>>
>>29476857
>We don't do it to impress roasties.
Then why the fuck would you do it?
>>
>>29477466
endorphins, nigga.
>>
>>29476857

Lifting is for normies. Lifting makes you a Zyzz.

Being a Zyzz guarantees you normiehood. You can just go and pick a gf.

True robots do not lift - time wasted lifting is precious time away from vidya and anime.
>>
>>29477482
I'm not black. Anyway, why not just ride a bike for the same thing? Or take drugs, since you're already taking steroids and shit, might as well skip the middleman so to speak.
>>
Found this girl in /fit/. She explains how to make friends even though she's a fucking autist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znLmhdx0STc
>>
>>29476857

Starting to stall at 155KGx3 with deadlifts. Starting to get a home gym together(currently pay for one). Any one have experience with GreySkull LP? On a pretty standard brosplit right now and I want to break out of that train purely for strength(aesthetic 172cm manlets aren't impressive).
>>
>>29476857
I fucking hate weightlifting culture. Robot, le fit/misc, chad I hate it all.
>>
Lifting without steroids is like going to the bar alone while looking like eggman.

you're not gonna get anywhere.

This is what youll get with 6 years of hard training and discipline, enjoy.
>>
>muh gainz
>>
>>29477512
implying I don't take mad opiates
I don't do steroids though
>>
>Narcissism general
>>
>>29477553
>I don't do steroids though
Then why lift? >>29477532 said it best.
>>
>>29477532

good results tbqh

elitists on fit always make me laugh
>>
>>29477570
well if >>29477532 "said it best" then I guess I'll do it!

No.
I'm balding at 22 I don't want it to get worse.
I don't want tits.
>>
>>29477602
With proper PCT you won't get tits, and if you do, you just need gyno surgery which literally every bodybuilder does at some point, it's no big deal. If they remove the entire breast tissue, it will probably never happen again.
>>
>>29477411
yah you can. get a chair and use your legs to aid your pull ups until you can do it without
>>
>>29477659
Oh. God dammit it's pretty fucking obvious. kek...
>>
>get bored as shit sitting around
>go to gym and lift/run
>go back home and take shower
>feel better

It's just bit of a hobby for me. I don't do it for "improvement" so much as I do it to get out for a bit with the added bonus of not being expected to talk to people.
>>
>>29477527
i have been lifting for 10 years.. /fit is fucking gay
>>
File: 4-chan selfie.jpg (45 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
4-chan selfie.jpg
45 KB, 600x648
>>29477591

That is not good by any standards.

imagine, strict training and strict diet for 6 years, too look like some fucking twig pajeet with 13 inch arms who you wouldn't even know went to the gym unless he told you to.
>>
>>29477532
HAHAHAHAAH BUT ZYZZ IS FUCKING DEAD YOU MONG.
>>
qhat soet of thinsg should someone have before starting to use roids? ie lifts, sizs, cash, experience, age etc
>>
>>29477740

ever heard of a "muscle daddy"?

don't listen to roidfags, they're just trying to poz you because it gets them off
>>
>>29477740

At least 1 year lifting experience with proper knowledge and discipline about dieting(most important).

Too many roiders who can't diet for shit end up being fat and bloated and look god awful.

granted maybe a miracle happens and they learn how to not stuff their face with pizza they would cut down and look quite good.

Someone who's absolute shit at lifting and has no idea how to train will still make good gains on steroids, as long as his diet is on point.
>>
File: eugene sandow.jpg (72 KB, 800x1347) Image search: [Google]
eugene sandow.jpg
72 KB, 800x1347
>>29477532
>you're not gonna get anywhere.
hmmm???

Steroids didn't even exist in this man's time. You're just a mad shrunken testicle chadlet
>>
>>29477740
Just money and a good doctor.
>>
Never been to /fit/ but I've lost a lot of weight but I can't seem to get the gut down. Is drinking a lot keeping it there? Or would I be able to get it down with the right exercises ?
>>
File: 1436291182690.jpg (291 KB, 687x698) Image search: [Google]
1436291182690.jpg
291 KB, 687x698
is doing bicep curls with an olympic barbell bad? because i feel like its been straining my wrists lately
>>
>>29477294
>nearly every one of us would drop robothood in a heartbeat if it was available.
'Cyborg' here, if I could stay at home with a qt I'd chose it any day over hanging out with Chads and Stacy.
>>
>>29477715
nah you're just over exaggerating because you have a severe case of body dysmorphia
>>
>>29477896
You need to cut to lose fat and drinking liquid calories is obviously not going to help so yes stop drinking or drink only once a week moderately if you have to
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>yo bro anybody can be arnold swartznegger lmao you just got to work hard it doesnt involve genetics at all XD

>DUDE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU. 5 MONTHS SHULD BE ENOUGH YOU MUST HAVE LOW TEST XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XDDDDDDDDDDDDDQOWENMCDO;NFRW
>>
>>29478111
OP here. I have low test and I lift for the endorphins. I have a big chest and in a shirt it looks great but without a shirt it looks like moobs
>>
the only time I don't feel depressed and can think clearly is after I go to the gym

It's kinda a double edged sword though because it leads me to get highly addicted to the point I start smashing shit and getting withdrawals if I don't go for a day. And training when I shouldn't because fatigue
>>
>>29478278
baka, BAKA. i make the same mistake. I work out daily even if I didnt sleep that night and if I'm sick. just a few weeks ago I didnt sleep, and in the morning I ate black beans which weren't thoroughly cooked, so I literally poisoned myself and I lifted anyway, an intense workout too. I was laying on the floor of my studio apartment for the next 3 hours, barely able to move.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.