[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>College orientation >Lasts two days and staying overnight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: bad.jpg (34 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
34 KB, 960x540
>College orientation
>Lasts two days and staying overnight
>Morning goes okay, work up the nerve to introduce myself and get to know some people
>Enjoying myself
>Evening comes
>Campus tour
>I'm grouped with a bunch of chads and stacies, nobody I've seen yet
>Shit starts to go downhill
>Become reclusive and stop talking to people
>Tour ends
>~9:00 now
>Activities and shit still going on until 11
>I assume there'll be an actual party elsewhere afterwords
>Decide I'll put up with this bullshit for a little longer to see if I can make any plans
>Go to where everyone else is
>Chads and stacies dancing with activity leaders
>Everyone else already deep in conversation with people they already know, don't wanna just throw myself in and look like a sperg
>Sit at a table by myself
>standinginthecornermeme
>More and more people begin to dance
>DJ plays panda -> cupid shuffle -> wobble baby -> Cha cha slide -> Teach me how to dougie -> other middleschool-ass songs
>3 different activity people approach me all on separate occasions to make sure I'm having a good time
>"yeah"
>Continue to sit alone and look like a total fucking loser while all the other normies have fun
>11 o'clock finally rolls around
>Sperging out internally
>mrkrabbslookingaround
>"OK guys, it's 11. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here"
>People slowly begin to disband and go to do their own things
>Leave campus by myself to go buy a pack of cigarettes and smoke alone
>10 minutes to get off campus
>15 minutes to get to gas station
>Gas station is closed
>10 minutes to go to another gas station
>buy my cigs
>20 minutes of smoking a few and walking around the campus town

(1/2)
>>
File: good.jpg (34 KB, 304x288) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
34 KB, 304x288
>Realize I don't know where I am in relation to my dorm
>Phone almost dead
>If it dies before I get unlost I'll literally be a blind man feeling his way through a cave
>open up google maps
>After 10 minutes I finally figure out the way back to the dorm I'm staying in
>Another 20 minute walk
>At last I reach my dorm
>Now 1 am
>Unlock the door
>The room is basically like an apartment with a kitchenette, living room, 4 beds, 2 baths
>See someone I don't know in one of the rooms
>"Hey man I'm Chris"
>"I'm anon"
>He asks me what I did after the tour, I tell him I went off campus to smoke and walk around after the activities
>He tells me he just came back to the dorm and crashed after the tour
>Didn't see me sperging out at activities
>I told him he missed literally nothing, people just danced to the cha cha slide
>"That's some gay-ass shit"
>I agree

Good ending to a shitty night
>>
>>29476462
What the fuck are you me? I got back from my orientation yesterday and I had almost the same exact experience. The orientation activity people even had a dance party thing that lasted until 11. I just sat in a chair for the whole time browsing /r9k/ on my phone. I was hounded by the activity people so many times during the orientation because I was always sitting alone when we were eating or doing other activities. How hard is it for normies to fucking realize that if someone is sitting by themselves they most likely want to be left alone?
>>
File: 1466392961843.png (22 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1466392961843.png
22 KB, 499x499
why did you even stay at the party for more than half an hour when it went to shit?
>>
>>29476462
hey man hows it going lol xd
>>
This has been my college experience so far;

>take bus in
>attend lectures
>sit at an isolated bench I found and eat a sandwich
>attend more lectures
>go home without speaking to anyone
>sleep until next day
>repeat

I need to kill myself.
>>
>>29477181
It can't be that bad. Did you at least craft your schedule to include a nice break so you can play video games or shitpost on /r9k/?
>>
>>29476462
what a fucking joke college has become

YOU ARE THERE TO LEARN RIGOROUS SHIT

NOT EXPLORE YOUR SOCIAL LIFE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>29477245
I usually sleep through most of the day so I mostly shitpost in the early morning. Alternatively, I just don't sleep.
>>
>>29476489
Yeah cool thing about college is you'll bump into someone on the same wavelength as you eventually
>>
>>29476462
Lol, I dropped out out of college, but I went to two different orientation weeks and there was no Cha Cha Slide and they had lame supervised parties but there was other stuff to go to and the first week was the best part because everyone was young, smart, and uninhibited so we did all the shit we wanted to do but couldn't do at home.
>>
>>29477245
Oh but it is. It's horrible. You don't notice a it at first, but eventually it drives you up the wall.
>>
>>29476567
Why would you go to the orientation day and party in the first place if you want to be left alone?
>>
>>29477744
>full house digits
>>
File: 1434042986234.jpg (59 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
1434042986234.jpg
59 KB, 650x487
>Getting to go to Uni
>Having the opportunity for freedom and to live away from controlling parents with other people your age

No no, keep telling me how bad you have it
>>
>>29476567
they thought you were shy not browsing r9k
>>
>>29477314
wrong its all about socializing and meeting the right people not learning it has been like this for ages
>>
>>29476462
>tfw I got lucky and met a group of acquaintances in my program by pure chance
Probably would have offed myself if I hadn't met them desu
>>
>Go to a small college with less than a hundred students
>Don't know anyone at all since it's far outside my home town
>Meet a girl on the first day, we play pool and talk to one another
>Hang out several more times, going on walks and stuff
>Eventually we start dating
>Hang out with one another in almost every free moment
>Eventually we live in an apartment together in our second year and third year
>Never talk to anyone else, male or female.
>Girlfriend breaks up with me this summer
>Starting summer school tomorrow and have no friends at all
>Can't even talk to her because she blocked my phone and social media
>Write letters to her all day so that it feels like she isn't really gone, or that she'll come back eventually
Haven't had the chance to meet anyone like myself in college yet. I thought I had something good going, but it turns sour pretty quick.
>>
>>29478105
>Less than 100 students
That doesn't sound small, that sounds like a for profit degree mill my man
>>
>>29478162
It's an extension of a larger university. Teachers came from the main campus out to the country to teach there.
>>
>>29478182
Weird. Is it just in the middle of nowhere?
>>
>at my orientation
>Get along well with ome dude
>Go to bed and find him in the morning
>Not feeling so hot
>The ome place we can eat a meal has disgusting ass food
>Captive on campus so I eat it
> Had a kidney stone not long ago
> Just feverish and not really feelin' it
> Head back to housing
>Feel a great disturbance in my gut
>There was no warning
>Shit in my pants
>Hurry into housing to a bathroom stall.and.change my fucking pants
>Relay this story to the friend I made later because it's fucking funny
>He avoids me the rest of orientation
> Go home and get another kidney stone a week later and shit my pants again
>>
>>29478201
It used to be a boarding high school run by a monastery. Eventually there wasn't enough students, so they joined the greater university system and offered secondary education instead, without as much influence from the monks. Still, some of the monks taught classes to the students. My psychology professor was a monk.
>>
>>29478105
I'm like that too, once I know a person, or a small group of people, I pretty much isolate myself from anyone else. Then when it ends I have nothing.
>>
>>29477839
you an aussie?
>>
>>29478006
>real life fell for the networking meme
;__;
>>
>>29478280
What year are you posting from and how did you get a computer?
>>
>>29478708
If you don't think networking is important you are an idiot
>>
>>29478835
I clearly acknowledged that it is, retard, my post obviously implied I think it shouldn't be. I should be able to succeed based on my own talent and hard work, not other people's.
>>
File: Smug.jpg (65 KB, 438x423) Image search: [Google]
Smug.jpg
65 KB, 438x423
>tfw I waited a few years before going to college and now I have all these new social skills

Fuuck college is gonna be great. Can t fucking w8 to meet some qt hipster chicks.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.