[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm lying in bed and I've been awake for 50 hours now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1457639379515.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457639379515.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
I'm lying in bed and I've been awake for 50 hours now, but I still cannot sleep despite my exhaustion. My mind is racing. Will someone please talk to me for a little bit? I promise not to take up much of your time. I just need to get some of this out.
>>
>>29456734
How you feeling, bud?
>>
>>29456745
Not good my friend.
In less than a month I need to visit my only friend. He used to be pretty fat, but he's lost quite a bit of weight. I'm happy for him. But unfortunately I went from thin to fat as hell due to some terrible eating habits during the worst depressive episode I've ever had.
I've been working on losing weight for the last month, but there's not enough time for me. I'm going to have to face him and his family as still chubby, embarrassing myself completely.
I know it is my fault completely. I just can't stop thinking about it, constantly, how badly I've messed up.
They won't say anything negative but I know they'll think it.
Sorry for the melodramatic nonsense. These worries will never leave my mind as I have no one to confide in.
Thank you for listening.
>>
>>29456802
I understand where you're coming from brother. All I can offer is that you should maybe wear expensive or just professional clothes and act like you have a somewhat high paying job. But in all honesty People don't care as much about weight as you think they do. I think you view yourself as fatter than you are, and therefore see it as your most noticeable feature. They'll be glad to see you no matter how much you weigh. Don't worry about it brother.
>>
>>29456849
You're probably right anon, thank you. It's hard to put the worries out of your head though. I appreciate you listening very much. I do feel a bit better now, having gotten that feel out. I will try to rest now.

I hope you and all the other posters here have a good day. Goodnight robot friends
>>
>>29456802
How much do you weigh? As long as you're not 200 pounds or over it should be fine.
>>
>>29456877
Goodnight to you too brother.
>>
>>29456901
Other poster here, I'm 210 and fill out very well, so weight isn't a huge factor.
>>
>>29456901
I'm a big fat 250 lbs guy. I was 180. 6'1".
Now you understand my shame.
I wish for death.
>>
>>29456802
Perhaps he'll be more understanding and supportive since he has been on the other side and knows what it's like. It could go the other way, though. He might get extremely smug about it and look down on you and may even think he's too good for his dark past and old friends, who knows.
>>
>>29456802
A lot of people struggle with eating habits, and with depression, and with the combination of the two. It doesn't make you a lesser person, and in fact it's clearly something you're already overcoming. Try not to shame yourself unnecessarily, and instead try to empathize with yourself and be supportive. My advice is to be open about this struggle: bring up the subject yourself, when the opportunity arises, so it doesn't just sit there like an elephant in the living room.
>>
>>29456954
That's what I thought. Even if he doesn't say anything I'll know he's thinking how much better he is than me, and he's right.
>>29456998
I don't know anon. I just feel ashamed, and I know a lot of people do it but still. If I point out that I'm fatter, he will probably realize the full extent of my JUSTing.
Every waking moment just feels embarrassing.
>>
>>29457029
>I just feel ashamed
That's the real problem here. Yes, your weight is basically a visible sign of your failure to cope with depression. Certainly not something to be proud of, but your failures don't have to define you as a person. Again, you've already begun to overcome that failing, it's just taking your body a while to reflect that. Unfortunately our culture spares precious little empathy for fat people and instead heaps blame and judgment on them, which just makes everything more difficult for you.
I can't stress enough that your failures don't define you, though. If you believe that you have a certain fixed quantity of willpower or intelligence or any trait, then every failure seems to be telling you that this quantity is low and you're a shitty person. Yet if you recognize that these are things which can be developed and grown, then failures are just indicators that you need to work on that attribute and you can improve. I don't think that I'm explaining the concept very well but if the notion speaks to you then google "growth mindset" and read up about it.
>>
>>29457149
You explain it well anon I understand what you mean. You're very right, and that's the mindset I've been using to lose weight, and since I started I've been doing everything perfectly.
Like you said, the tough part is just how long it takes for the body to reflect those changes, and sadly during all of that time I feel perpetually embarrassed. Not because of what other people think Even, But for myself. It just feels shameful to have ruined a good thing I had, which was a good weight.
Anyways, I am real sleepy now so I will rest. Thank you all again for listening and being friendly, it makes me sleepier and it helps a lot to know you guys are nice.

Goodnight my friends take care of yourselves
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.