[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please, someone educate me on why the term LGBT has the T in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1397503317870.jpg (29 KB, 219x218) Image search: [Google]
1397503317870.jpg
29 KB, 219x218
Please, someone educate me on why the term LGBT has the T in it, because it doesn't make sense to me, as an onlooker.

>L = Lesbian
A sexuality, determines attraction.

>G = Gay

>B = Bisexual

>T = Transsexual
The most fucking insufferable, oversensitive cunts in existence, require extensive babying or else they'll throw shitfits, extremely mentally ill, but unlike schizophrenics or BPD people they get societal support because MUH SOCIAL JUSTICE, never stop talking about the fact that they're trans, generally fucking vile human beings

explain
>>
They have a letter because they do nothing but whine and cry for attention, kinda like tripfags
>>
>>29451035
If you're one sex and think you're another then you're still a fag got like the other 3.
>>
>being this butthurt about trannies

Well, this thread is off to a good start. I expect OP to respond to any serious replies in a totally non-biased way.

Trans people get lumped in because they ultimately face similar legal challenges as gay people. Since the two groups alone are barely sizable minorities, it makes sense for them to work on a united front to secure the same rights.

But the social climate in the U.S. is very different today, so trans people presently face more legal challenges than gay and bisexual people, such as military enrollment, usage of gender-specific facilities, and issues pertaining to how their gender is legally documented. (e.g. some states won't allow trans people to update the gender on their birth certificate)
>>
File: laughing-animals.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing-animals.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>29451126
>the T in LGBT is for Tripfag
Kek
>>
>>29451035
can you stop using LGBT is very problematic and not inclusive enough
we prefer to be called LGBTSTGNCPOC don't be racist bigot
>>
There is a fairly large group of LGB people who want nothing to do with transexuals and don't want to be related to them in anyway.
>>
as a fag myself I think it's fucking dumb, shorten it to GLB and put it in the order people actually give a shit about
>>
Most homos where I live want nothing to do with transsexuals or bisexuals for that matter.
>>
>>29451333

Where's your source for this? Every gay person I've ever met is a die hard tranny supporter.
>>
Every gay I've met hates trans people.
>>
>>29451458
Not PC. It's probably like how you have to catch certain white people alone to hear them use "nigger", etc., in conversion. Just a guess, though, I don't have any really good gay friends. Just acquaintances.
>>
>>29451035
L, G, B and T all represent sexual identities. You can identify as lesbian, gay, bi or trans. Some people even throw a Q in there which means "queer", but how it differs from the rest I have no clue.
>>
>>29451949
A sexual orientation is not an identity.
>>
>>29452034
It is when you have no personality.
>>
>>29451949
"Queer" is just a catch-all term I think, otherwise the acronym would get way too long with everyone's random-ass identities and orientations. They throw the Q in there to cover their bases and make everyone feel important and included.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.