[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1460404357000.jpg (33 KB, 486x369) Image search: [Google]
1460404357000.jpg
33 KB, 486x369
What's on your minds anons?

I'm still depressed after several years and trying my hardest to get out of it, and I've eventually realized even if I had everything I could ask for, that wouldn't make me any happier in the long run. Therapy and medication, while I'm not in either at the moment, hasn't helped too well, at least for long. I want to kill myself sometimes, but I'm too passive and cowardly to do it to myself. If a situation occurred in which I could easily die I'd seize it, e.g., throwing myself in front of a shooter in a shooting, which I fantasize about regularly, not because I could be viewed as a hero, simply because I'd die and I'm not able to commit suicide. I have no IRL friends despite my best efforts but it doesn't really matter, because even if I did have them I wouldn't be happier. I can't play vidya for more than an hour at absolute most, anime's only enjoyable sometimes, as is masturbation. I have no ambition, I'm a disappointment and a failure to those around me. I doubt this thread will get off the ground for a variety of reasons, one being it's even difficult to relate to people here now and my threads die with little to no replies routinely.
>>
>>29436890
>I want to kill myself sometimes, but I'm too passive and cowardly to do it to myself.
>I have no IRL friends despite my best efforts but it doesn't really matter, because even if I did have them I wouldn't be happier.
>I can't play vidya for more than an hour at absolute most, anime's only enjoyable sometimes, as is masturbation.
>I have no ambition, I'm a disappointment and a failure to those around me.
Yup, that's depression.
>>
I'm not quite happy with my life too btw but what can you do? Nothing makes it better and killing myself seems like so much drama.
>>
>>29436890
I don't have much on my mind anymore. I don't think about life because I've given up. I've realized that there's no place for me in this world. I too am a coward and I don't have sufficient motivation to kill myself. I'll sit around until something does it for me and not try to stop it.
After awhile you learn that a robot can never win. People will never like you, you'll never get ahead in life. It's all a grind that's set up so only normalfags can win.
I feel as if I was broken from the beginning. I never had any motivation or dreams. Everyone around me miraculously knew what they wanted to do or had the drive to pursue and enjoy things. Meanwhile I was left to sit alone in my room passing time. I don't enjoy my life, but I don't have any direction I want to take it in either. I simply don't care.
I've never been formally diagnosed, but I can't imagine I'm normal.
>>
>>29436890
Get extremely drunk with a loaded gun. If you genuinely feel like your life is irredeemable and you're certain you want to die then your drunk self will pull the trigger. If not then your drunk self will convince yourself not to do it. I personally don't suicide is a worth while thing to begin with but I fully understand why you'd want to so I'm not going to pull an sjw and try to talk you out of it or whatever; unless of course you asked.

For me, I'm not as depressed as I am just really bored. Nothing much to say about it but thank you for asking.
>>
>>29436890
I started bitrillex(sp?) A few days ago and already feel better. I want to smile and talk to people, not just be bitter and hate everything. I realized I was wildly depressed for the last 15 years. I could function enough to accomplish a few things, but not nearly as much as I could have if I had gotten treatment earlier.
>>
today I feel like I don't want to live
>>
>>29437296
Antidepressants generally don't start working until several weeks in, although I have no idea what you're referring to specifically, so it may be different, but you're likely just feeling a placebo.
>>
>>29437357
>but you're likely just feeling a placebo.
Even if it's kind of a dick move to point that out.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.