[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/comfy/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 14506491805040.jpg (45 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
14506491805040.jpg
45 KB, 648x595
>tfw you'll never be 12 years old and rushing home from school to play Runescape (2004 era) with your friends, and to chat on MSN.

Why does innocence last only as a child?

ITT: Post comfy music/art/vidya
>>
>>29416311
Runescape nostalgia here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3YxgBrnorI
>>
For me it was 16-19

>dropped out at 16
>got GED
>moved in with great-grandma
>made good meals
>played video games 24/7
>only time I had to go out was to take her to the grocery store and stuff
>didn't even have to get out the car
>she finally passed away
>been miserable ever since trying to make a living with a McJob
>had to sell my gaming PC for rent
>playing on 2 year old a $350 laptop now with Celeron CPU and integrated graphics
>just wanna die
>>
>>29416366
Do you not have connections with your immediate family anymore? Can they not offer you a place to stay?

>playing on 2 year old a $350 laptop now with Celeron CPU and integrated graphics

You should take up coding of some sort, once you learn a language - such as Python - a lot of the other languages are fairly easy to grasp.
>>
Only time I can get comfy is winter time.

>sun starts setting early
>go for a run about 4pm when its getting dark
>get home just in time for total darkness
>crawl in bed with my window open snuggled up and watching anime
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 166x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 166x199
I used to do night shifts and waking up at around 5pm, watching anime in bed and drinking coffee was pretty comfy. Then going out at 3am like it was daytime and being the only person around. Awesome.
>>
>>29416426

How do you put the learning into context? Like should you work on a project or follow online tutorials? It sounds like a good way to make money.
>>
I'd say 16 - 18 here for sure.
>Old enough to be trusted to do stuff on your own and do stuff without restrictions, as well as to start earning your own money and spending it
>Young enough not to have responsibilities.
>>
>>29416766
Check out Code Academy. It provides you with pretty much all the basics and more
>>
>>29416311
When I was 12, I was playing Broodwar and Sim City 3000
>>
>That feel when your runescape/habbo/wow buddy convinced you to get MSN and it feels all weird
>That stupid first MSN name you had
>How long it took to download on your shitty internet
>Those super long names everyone had with bats and shit in it and [Brackets like this] aNd TeXt LIkE tHis and of course xXlike thisXx
>Nudges
>Winks (the fucking pig one)
>MSN plus and its spyware ass
>The handwriting tool
>Going on busy so you aren't nudged
>Going away so that one person wouldn't bother you after you pretend to be afk
>Going offline so nobody can be bother you cause you just wanna talk to one person
>Putting someone on block and then they're invited to a conversation and the awkwardness begins
>Being invited to huge conversations that cause the MSN sound to go crazy
>That feeling you get when you see your crush come online
>Opening someones window and not saying Hi until they say hi first so you don't seem desperate
>Typing something, seeing that they're typing first and deleting everything you write, they end up doing the same
>That weird feeling when you see your online friend's picture and they're never like what you think
>The fear of sending your picture
>Pulling weird faces on webcam
>Blurry ass mid 2000s webcams
>Making excuses like you gotta get ready for bed or you gotta get changed and doing it in front of the cam in order to try and turn the other person on
>That one catfish who constantly tried to get your shirt off and you didn't realize
>Talking to someone until 1am for the first time
>Talking to someone who was drunk and they probably weren't because it was too over the top.
>MSN groups

MSN feels.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.