[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you creating for yourself, in your own life? Some people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: rain-house.jpg (49 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rain-house.jpg
49 KB, 500x281
What are you creating for yourself, in your own life?

Some people lift weights and punch bags all day. Some people draw and even make up profiles for their characters. Some people build birdhouses. Some people carve wood. Some people grow mushrooms. Some people write stories. Some people build bikes. Some people breed and train pitbulls. Some people run early every day. Some people practice meditation. Some people play a sport. Some people imagine worlds. Some people, like myself, design and program games.

All of this is cultivation - Creation of some sort. So tell me, what are you creating / want to create for your own self?
>Tell me. And do go into detail.
>>
>>29405098

I'm a collegiate swimmer and I take a lot of interest in sports. But not like football and normie shit but like Olympic sports and their origins and the philosophy of man vs himself. I like bodybuilding, powerlifting, and obviously swimming. I view it as kind of an art to be honest. I about to graduate university and then I'll probably be a swim coach. I have a loyal gf and I feel very spiritual fulfilled in life. I look forward to my career because I view coaches in a similar light as teachers when it comes to sports of man vs himself rather than games. If you had ever had a good coach you would probably relate
>>
>>29405424
pics of you in speedo?
>>
Nothing, I have no life. I don't even have money for basic sustenance, much less to realize my creative dreams or do anything really.

Money = life. No money = no life. And that's that.
>>
I used to create storylines in my head... but I've never made anything with them

>>29405555
at least you have quads
>>
>>29405424
I'm impressed. There is definite meaning behind a man training, honing his bodily strength and skill. I've never had a coach, but I have had mentors in my life. Wise men who taught me how to observe myself.

I wish you well in your endeavors man. Be that coach. And don't slack on your training/learning.
>>
I'm a composer. I write piano music. I notate the music on staff paper and I use a program called Finale to do that. Piano composition is my favorite artistic medium but I am open to exploring other ways of writing music.
>>
I'm making a 3d adventure game and am a musician.
>>
>>29405555
Get a job. Keep applying until you get one. I recommend dishwasher, janitor, warehouse associate, or security guard. If you need money, even just a small income, you know what to do.

And when you say money = life.. That is a very limiting perspective. Yes you must toil to live, but you do not live to toil. We aren't as impoverished as we make ourselves to be if we're posting here. That is besides the point. Do you have an interest that sparks some kind of excitement in you?

>>29405643
I tried my hand at writing out my own fantasies. It's therapeutic in a way. Nobody to judge you. It can be fun.
>>
>>29405778
>Get a job
Fuck off retard.
>>
Just remember; the first steps of creating are the most difficult, time-consuming, tedious, and require the most focus. You need ample rest, relaxation, and moderation during these beginning phases. As you progress, day by day, it becomes easier, you work faster, you learn quicker, and you become more skillful. This is for all of us. Every day, just a little bit further. We don't have to be unhappy all the time, doing things just to forget ourselves. We can do things that bring color to our lives, that make us more interesting people, and ultimately, that make us happier.

I like this board. And I feel for the people on it. We all know what we'd like to do. I ask you to find the courage to try. Even if it's something like working out to lose weight or going to sleep at a certain time every night. Small things.

You owe it to yourself to simply try to create something good for yourself.

Good night to all of you.
>>
File: 1463358197855.gif (1 MB, 300x313) Image search: [Google]
1463358197855.gif
1 MB, 300x313
It's all a secret. You mundanes have no idea. I keep it all for myself.
>>
An archive of shitty anime and sports matches
>>
>>29405098
The dream is to make video games. But at this point, I'm doing everything I can to fit in anywhere in the art world to get a head start. I'm learning shit tons of instruments, I'll try to release an album or two, I'm making small and shitty games now, trying to finish school, I'm trying to create a YouTube acting career, fucking anything to get enough money for better courses and more opportunities. Feelsprettyfuckinbadman.
>>
>>29405098
I wish I could draw or design virtual worlds thru programming.
I can't.
>>
Nothing.

I'm pretty terrible at everything I try and as a result I have no hobbies.
>>
Fucking nothing.

There's skill I'd like more than social skill and I'm fucking doing nothing to build on that because I hate everyone. I don't want to become friends with people, I just want to be able to get along well with people with ease.
>>
>>29405098
I used to make electronic music on my computer. I made two albums, both having a different style to them. I made the artwork for each album as well as artwork for each track on them to fit their mood. I also have a number of miscellaneous, standalone songs. I'm also learning film photography and I take photos of places in my city, and now I have a small collection of photos taken throughout the past few months. This next one may sound simplistic, but I like to make jokes with my family and close friends, and that makes them have a good time with me.

All of these things I can say I'm proud of.
>>
>>29405098
I'm the aspiring designer, I suppose. I like designing creative works between games, writing novels, fictional characters, world building, and business.

My primary focus is game design because I'd like to invest making a cooperation of sorts with that in a few years if I work hard enough, but the first step is going up as a small studio for now. I'm actually working on my first plan to sell game now, and even managed to hire my best friend(only friend) to cover the necessary areas to get the game complete. Contacted a few let's players who said they'd be interested in showcasing it as a demo or complete product itself once available so that'll give me an edge in marketing, and I'm planning to release it on Steam.

I'm really proud of the project thus far. I had spent an entire day walking around my city taking inspiration and brainstorming off of the setting, people, and places I visited. Between that I wrote a summary and the game's bible via notebook and pencil as I explored. Did that roughly 7-8 months ago, and people I've shared the concepts and the showcasing/art with have since then gave me great feedback. A few have said they could see a cult following coming from it, so I'm hoping the finished product can live up to that hype and personal devotion I and my friend put into it.

As for the novels, its just more of a personal pride thing I want to do. I've written tons of short stories and even won few contest in the past. I self published one short novel thus far via ebooks on amazon involving horror which I'll leave in a mystery here. I'd like to write and publish a young adult scifi novel(which I've started), and lastly a book series involving a high fantasy medieval concept. Maybe a few novelizations of any of my games in the future

I would like learn to draw and start up a comic series whether it be web based or published. Also publish my own television show one day, whether animated or live action.
>>
>>29405098
I have no interest whatsoever in creating because there is nothing that I wish to express. I haven't had human contact in five years so I'm okay with not expressing myself and operating as a hedonistic consumption machine. I am a very depressed individual with no motivation to live a life beyond simply being alive, so music doubles as a distraction from my existence. My goal is to listen to as many albums as possible before I die, thus I listen to music 24 hours a day (while sleeping, while using the toilet, while showering, while eating, always.) That's my entire life for a long time now. Just that and nothing else. I haven't stopped for 3 months straight as of late. I already reached the stage where almost nothing sounds good anymore back in 2013. It's all turned into background noise these past few years. The soundtrack of time passing and my insignificant life fading away. I am more like a ghost. Ghost's don't create. They just haunt the lives of those who still have dreams, stuck somewhere between life and death, burdening others. Maybe I should 'create' a gun and shoot myself.
>>
>>29406382
you can draw tho. just fuck around with a pencil for an hour or two a day, you probably have the time
>>
>>29407005
send me a copy famalam
>>
>>29407817
the only true robot
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.