[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obsessive thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1444941571398.png (130 KB, 394x360) Image search: [Google]
1444941571398.png
130 KB, 394x360
How the fuck do you robots deal with obsessive thoughts? I'm receiving the results of an entrance test I did in about two weeks, and I just can't stop thinking about it.

I always analyze the same score result possibilities over and over again, and even if a conclusion sounds like it should calm me down, it just won't. I then keep thinking about it again later, maybe expand my information sources and reach a similar conclusion that won't get shit done.

This has been going on non-stop for about a week now, before that I was free of any obsessive thoughts for about 4 days.

Surprisingly though, I've been getting a normal amount of sleep despite of this condition. Even though I still have these thoughts before bed, I can fall asleep typically in 30 minutes and sleep straight for 6 hours, which is when I wake up for some reason and use the opportunity to use the bathroom, then go back to sleep for 2 more hours. Regardless it's still painful.

I don't want this shit to go on forever, having to painfully live day by day.
>>
Realise whatever it is you find yourself having trouble with, it's not that bad/important. Life itself is a joke anyway. Why stress over silly stuff?

Granted, perhaps this entrance test is really important to you. But think, what happens if you fail? What happens if you pass? It's all about being prepared for the unexpected. Fuck I dont even know if I make sense.

TL;DR Life is stupid, dont worry, you'll die anyway.
>>
>>29399246
If you try to deal with obsessive thoughts on your own without therapy or medication, the only thing that has worked for me is to not indulge them when they appear.

You intuitively want to rationalise why these thoughts are coming along, why they make no sense and why you shouldn't be thinking about dumb shit. This has a completely counter-productive result and leads in you thinking even more and giving the pointless thoughts even more attention.

The only thing that has worked for me is to just not pay it any mind in the first place, don't even begin to indulge it in any way. E.g. I used to obsess over my looks and be miserable over it. I'd spend hours taking pictures of myself from different angles, looking at old pictures, wondering how I looked in certain situations, thinking about comments I'd gotten from other people. The way I got rid of this is when I'd get a thought like "I think I look like shit but I'm not sure" instead of going by instict and overanalyzing myself for hours on end, I just stopped right there. Didn't think about why it makes no sense of me to do analyize my looks, didn't look at myself in the mirror, nothing. And in time the thoughts just went away.
>>
File: 1393794690127.jpg (78 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1393794690127.jpg
78 KB, 668x712
>>29399246
.How the fuck do you robots deal with obsessive thoughts?

EMBRACE THEM
>>
>tfw I have legit OCD
>tfw obsessive thoughts about EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME
>tfw it's slowly ruining my life

Be grateful that this doesn't happen to you.
You ever had those moments where you're really excited for a certain thing and then once it comes, you're like, "Oh, ok..."? Remember those moments, I guess.
>>
this sounds stupid but try it. just starting counting in your head. count as long as it takes for the other thought to fade into the background. if the thought comes back after you stop counting, just start over and count again. eventually it will go away. you really have to force yourself to do this though and pay attention, county slowly and steady, kind of like how you keep a beat for a song or something.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.