[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who plays /DND/ here? post stories >just start out as halfling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1447824572800.jpg (112 KB, 330x930) Image search: [Google]
1447824572800.jpg
112 KB, 330x930
Who plays /DND/ here? post stories

>just start out as halfling rouge
>party meets mayor of town after it's taken over by opposing army
>the mayor's been ousted from power and is on the run
>our cleric gives him 100 gold before he leaves
>pickpocket it all as he walks away
>>
>>24417447
>>24417447
pic related is qt oc. also, pickpocket your cleriic
>>
>tfw no /r9k/ DnD group

Most recently played a Paladin.
>>
File: Crona.png (200 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Crona.png
200 KB, 400x400
>dumb brute party member finds magic ritual chalk
>getting our asses kicked in the middle of a fight in a burning forest
>brute tries to "power up his sword" by slathering it with the chalk
>some of the chalk dust falls on his crotch
>nothing happens to his sword but his pecker turns into a butterfly and flies off into the flames
>meanwhile I am the only player who's trying to take the game seriously, despite the DM writing a non-joke campaign

This was my first experience with the game.
>>
>>24417447
I may be a manchild, but at least I don't play DND. My friend's brother plays DND all the time and he's the kind of person who got mad that one of the other DND players brought his kid to play with them. His stepdad downright loathes him for playing it all the time and I can only imagine what goes on in that house.
>>
>Party meets emir Mustafa
>He tells them to rescue his wife, Jasmine from a desert bandit gang called Thugs of the Desert (Their name is more funny in finnish, which also means "Frogs of the Desert")
>They kill the bandits and discover that their leader was called Aladin
>The wife was actually a camel
>The emir is delighted to have his camel-wife back, gives the group a boat ride to their destination
>>
File: man.jpg (51 KB, 665x665) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
51 KB, 665x665
>live in Australia
>irl group moves out of the shitty town I'm in
>try find games online
>every game is either at 3am or when I'm wagekeking

Fuck this shithole country and fuck timezones.

It's the same with any other online game too.

>300 ping on any game that doesn't shell out millions for aus servers

FUCK
>>
File: Osver Brambleface Change.jpg (97 KB, 554x359) Image search: [Google]
Osver Brambleface Change.jpg
97 KB, 554x359
Last Saturday was the final session of a weekly campaign I was playing.

>played a hairy as fuck old as fuck halfling
>wearing nothing
>wielding a single stick
>always grumbling about whippersnappers
>no one had any idea what he was
>eventually got cleaned up after death of old friend
>was revealed to be a paladin
>no one had any fucking idea
By the end of the campaign he was resurrected from death as a fledgling angel/whatever.
Decked out in tight black leather pants, a sweet black biker jacket with a skull with glowing eyes, and a sword made of lightning.
The character development took a lot of odd twists and turns. It was pretty damn great.
I still need to draw his final form, along with the rest of the party for commemoration.

If I wasn't so damn tired I'd post some stories.
>>
I want to play dnd or pathfinder so fucking badly but I have extreme social anxiety and I hate the idea of bothering people i.e. holding up a game because I'm trying to learn how to play it
>>
>>24417938
As long as you've read the necessary material and the dm isn't a dick that shouldn't be an issue
>>
Best site to find online games? I want to get into D&D but I don't know anyone irl that plays.
>>
>>24418020
https://roll20.net/
>>
>>24418020
Go to /tg/ and search for the gamefinder thread. Or use the LFG on Roll20.net

Both userbases are pretty shit and VERY flaky though.
>>
>>24417938
>DM group
>playing for months
>still have to explain basic rolls every week

Just read it the stuff and you're good. If you take an extra minute or two no one will notice, they'll just notice that you are trying.
>>
Someone be a DM and run a game for robots.

I played in a short /r9k/ game and it was fun.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.