[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Hobbies you wish you were good at but know you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 65jaguar.jpg (278 KB, 2370x1200) Image search: [Google]
65jaguar.jpg
278 KB, 2370x1200
ITT: Hobbies you wish you were good at but know you don't have the drive to get good.

>pick up guitar
>struggle to even do basic chords reliably
>stop and look at your hands and know you'll be in the same place a year down the line
>put the guitar down
>>
>>24415432

OP if you practice seven chords for the next year you will be pretty damn good at those chords. then you can play 75% of songs from the last 20 years.
>>
>>24415432
>Can only sing, in a band with friends
>We have another guy who cant play anything or sing but he's a cocksucker and I know he won't learn an instrument
>Inspired by Wino's ability to sing AND play, I pick up guitar a month before I turn 19
>Learn that Greg Ginn did not play guitar until he was 19
>This makes me feel better
>Anything but a power chord is too clunky to maneuver
>Just keep playing box patterns and ignore chords
>3 years later I can play competently, improv songs and do solos and shit
>Still can't do most chords on the first 4 frets.

Weak-willed kek
>>
>>24415432

Hey where are you? Send me your exact coordinates so I can fly over there and lay the smack down on your jabroni ass!
>>
>>24415432
Once your fingers get used to the chords it becomes way easier, muscle memory etc.

Don't let your dreams be dreams
>>
Im going to get a guitar this year just to keep me busy. So um is it any fun?
>>
>loved to draw as a kid
>grew up around bitch professional artist grandma who constantly put down artwork
>bird obsession drives you to draw while drunk or hallucinating sometimes
>see drawings later
>feel terrible
>throw drawing into a river behind your house
>never draw again unless you are drunk or not completely there
>repeat
>>
>>24415753
tfw been playing guitar for ten years, although its been more on and off for the past 5. I am nowhere near as good as i used to be and not surrounded by other teenage shitters who just want to play music loud for shits and gigs. take me back robots
>>
seriously, it takes some serious motivation to keep playing past like 25 when friends start doing other shit with their lives and somehow you find yourself doing the same.
>>
>>24415932
oh man that hurts
>>
>>24415432
Just think of it as playing and dicking around, not necessarily something you need to get better at. Even though I've gotten better i still play guitar for pretty much the same reasons i did 7 years ago.

Always keep your instrument within arms reach from your PC, it makes a huge, huge difference to how much you play.
>>
>>24415432
We got you OP r8

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0PF70pnlzgp
>>
>>24415432

keep playing OP. every great guitar player was fucking shit when they started.
>>
>>24415866
Yes, just play like you're performing for someone and take your frustrations out on it, way more fun that way. Like how you play air guitar, fill in the rest with power chords and pentatonic scales and away you go. Also the right hand is way cooler than the left one where you pay attention so light and shade with volume.
>>
I picked it up guitar for her. And whilst I'm not great I can at least play.
>>
I really would like to make music and record it. I don't have all the gear to do it, nor do I think I have a voice for it. too recluse to jam with people.
>>
>>24415432
drawing

it's not that I don't have the drive to get good. It's mostly because I have no idea where to start and whenever I look at the piece of shit I've drawn I throw it away and get angry

I've taken on other challenges before and they don't get me as mad

i.e (coding - got a job from that/ learned an instrument at an early age and played in the orchestra)
>>
>>24418187
damn that's a lot of excuses
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.