[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start eating healthy (1 pound raw veggies, 1-2 pounds cooked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 245x205
>start eating healthy (1 pound raw veggies, 1-2 pounds cooked veggies, 3 servings raw fruits, 1 serving raw seeds, 1 serving raw nuts, 1 serving unrefined whole grains, 2 servings legumes, some b12, d and d7, k2, iodine, and zinc supplements every day)
>start doing yoga in the morning
>start going on walks in the evening
>start swimming laps in the evening
>start brushing teeth every morning and night
>start reading books
>start learning guitar
>start working part time in my uncle's garage
>start taking web design classes
>start keeping a journal

I've been doing this all for a year as of today. When does the happiness come?
>>
>>29360464
if you don't enjoy it you don't enjoy, I wouldn't expect to develop a liking to it now since you're been doing those things for a year.
>>
File: 1457322043040.png (34 KB, 470x512) Image search: [Google]
1457322043040.png
34 KB, 470x512
>>29360464
>When does the happiness come?

Never.
>>
I'm 3 months into a similar path.

IDK OP it's good that we're trying and I commend your discipline for sticking it out a year. But maybe we're just destined for misery.

But maybe it's a thing where if you suddenly went back to how you were feeling before you started the process, you could appreciate the difference a lot more. Maybe because it happened so gradually you don't realize how much better things have gotten. Not to say they're good now, just not as bad.

I don't really know. I'm scrambling here because it doesn't seem better for me either, but yeah I figured after 6 months or a year it would get better. And now I read your report that says it hasn't. I really want to believe it makes a difference, m8. I have to. I know I would be worse off if I didn't. I know I'd be worse off if I didn't at least try. Maybe things will never get good, but i have to at least keep my head above water here.
>>
>>29360639
I have a suggestion: try reverting back to your old ways and see if you get more miserable. Then you can see if it makes a difference.
>>
IDK maybe convert to Mormonism OP they seem pretty happy

I'm not willing to give up the alcoholic Jew but idk maybe there's something there for you
>>
>low test vegan beta diet
For you, never
>>
While it's good you're doing all these things to improve yourself m8, and while you should keep doing these things, there's something big you're missing: charity.

If you don't give back to your fellow man, there will always be an emptiness in your soul. I myself know this first hand. I was a selfish, miserable prick for years. Then I got a court order to do volunteer work. I enjoyed it so much that I kept going back. I now spend 15-20 hours a week volunteering, and donate 20 percent of my money to the same organizations I volunteer at.

I'm not a religious man. But there is something almost transcendental about helping out your fellow man. I think because we don't engage in war these days, we need some other purpose in life, something else to commit ourselves so fully to. And charity, being at the other end of the spectrum, fills this need.
>>
>vegan

enjoy your malnutrition in a few years senpai
>>
>>29360887
M8 I don't and could never eat like OP but the diet he's describing is obviously the healthiest way to eat.
>>
>>29360980
>he fell for the meat meme
>he doesn't realize the healthiest societies don't eat meat
>>
>>29360986
>supplements
>no fish
No way he gets enough omega-3s to balance out all the omega-6s from the nuts
>>
In addition to all the things listed, I would try therapy sessions and meditation. Maybe those are the missing ingredients.
>>
>>29361054
Read Joel Fuhrman's book m8. The old nutritional wisdom you're spouting has been BTFO!
>>
Momentary happiness is everywhere. Consistent happiness comes from within. But you have to first define what happiness is at its core. Everyone is different, and it's a question that requires heavy introspection into your past.
>>
The reasons most of us aren't happy is because we aren't really meant to be alive. In the olden primitive days we would have been taken out of the equation fairly early in life.

I guess things are more civil now, but I can't say things weren't better before. There's not a place for people like us in this world. We should have never been born.
>>
>>29361089
Literally everyone says different shit so I just go with the "they're both right" anyway
By going for a decent (1:1) ratio of omega-3s to 6s you're guaranteed enough of 3s too
I just stay away from supplements because it seems like a lazy man's way of eating healthy. There's unless you're vegan or you're a fuck who just wants to pretend the eat healthy
>>
>>29361011
>he fell for the vegan meme
>doesn't realize that humanity has not evolved over a period of hundreds of millions of years in tandem with a vegan diet
>doesn't realize that eventually his liver reserves are going to run out and he's going to get very ill
>>
>>29361177
kek this sounds like something you'd hear at an angsty teen poetry slam
>>
A have a few suggestions:
- Skim over your journal, what did the best (or better) days have in common?
- Start a long-term project or goal you can work towards, something where progress is discrete
>>
>>29361190
>evolution was a perfect force!

Holy shit I'm not him not do I advocate for a vegan diet but this argument is so piss poor
>>
>>29361177
How's 8th grade going, M8?
>>
>>29361124
>>29361213
I'll second these, OP. They go hand in hand.
>>
>>29360887

There's nothing wrong with his diet.

Stop being deluded by the meat and dairy industry.
>>
>>29361282
I love it when vegans say shit like this and then go fill their heads to the brim with alt left hippy website bullshit without the slightest bit of self awareness.
>>
>>29361329

I'm not a vegan, retard.
>>
>>29361341
Really? Because you sure sound like one.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.