[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no abusive parents that forced me to get good at a talent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 584x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 584x358
>tfw no abusive parents that forced me to get good at a talent
I'm not good at anything and have no patience to try to learn.
>>
>>29359469
>abusive parents
Never a good thing unless you want to end up with a Tumblr tier mental disorder.
>>
>>29359469

So what was your talent, and are you at least good at it now?

> at least you're good at something
>>
>abusive
didn't even have to be that way. could have just done something like make you practice piano for 45 minutes a day for watching tv

it would have been nice i suppose. my parents though both had to work, and they'd make time for us after work (dinner/talking/playing ball/watching one of our shitty shows together that was probably torture for them to sit through) but after all that it was just gonna be more energy that might have been so hard to summon at that point

so i guess you could say they could've done better but they did pretty well

i was 20 living at my apartment when my roomate got an old acoustic guitar for free and then i started disciplining myself
no going online or watching tv until ive practiced for an hour
could never do electtirc guitar cause apartment so im glad he founD an acoustic
>>
>tfw no asian parents
>didn't get good grades
>didn't learn piano
>didn't learn how to make sushi

Having lackadaisical chill parents was fun growing up, but damn did they not teach me anything about motivation or talent.
>>
File: 1459244357882.jpg (23 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1459244357882.jpg
23 KB, 601x508
>tfw had abusive parents that hit me with a belt when I wasn't studying enough
>got mid 90s in highschool but they never let me have friends
>failing college because they aren't here to bully me
>khv anxiety ridden social retard
The end is coming.
>>
>>29359537
They were abusive as is, but just because they drank. They didn't teach me anything.
>>
>>29359569
>didn't learn piano
Don't fall for the meme, bro. I tried self-teaching once and it's a lot harder than you think.
>>
>parents, mom especially, push me
>big believers in that "school solves all the world's problems" meme
>look down on all my friends because they aren't going to college
>spend several years and a few false starts in college
>hate all of it, feel like a worthless failure that isn't living up to their standards, life seems pointless
>in my last semester, have a job now
>attempt suicide, fail
>college, job, all falls apart
>parents, mom especially, scared shitless, don't push me at all anymore, about anything
>return to neetdom
>still miserable, still a disappointment to my parents, though they don't say it anymore

that was some years ago. I should have finished the job and ended things properly when I had the willpower.
>>
>>29359627
Fuck that sucks. I have a shitty keyboard and everything I was going to try.
At least saxophone is easier right?
>>
>>29359655
If you're really determined to learn it, start playing a slowly paced song with right and left hand. Don't be surprised if you fuck it up multiple times. After that, you'll have an idea of how it is to play the piano. The next thing you do is up to you, though.
>>
>>29359561
It's not really your parents fault anon, they probably always wanted to spend more time with you and help you do better but there was always work and when there was no work they where too tired.
Every good memory I have of my dad takes place on a Sunday and they stopped when I was around 8 or 9 and my dad got really stressed at work so he s
Started abusing me which is something I will never forgive
>>
>>29359469
I don't think that you would have to force it on a kid, because a lot of them are interested in instruments when they decide to pursue lessons or learn in their school band. I was interested myself, I learned the trumpet in my school band. I would also like to learn the piano. OP, you have the choice to do it now, just as I know I will.
>>
>>29359843
i wasn't really blaming them. after all, they always spent time with me and my siblings after work doing the thigns i mentioned, and soemtimes they probably just wanted to go and lay down right away
they were very good to me and helped us all with our problems
believe, i know how fortunate i am
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.