[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of life if you're not good looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 2YqKOTz.png (229 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
2YqKOTz.png
229 KB, 1200x807
What's the point of life if you're not good looking nor funny nor charismatic or pleasant to be around ? What did I do to deserve this ? Why do I have to suffer everyday like this ? Why did I get cursed to be completely alone for the rest of my life ? Why can't I function like a normal person ? Why I can't make connections with people ? I sometimes feel like I'm alien who was dropped on this planet when I was a baby..
>>
>>29350238
Is it really that Bad? I like to believe we are not far apart, I am neither charismatic, nor good looking (not fat but always dangerously close), face is average at best, disgusting at worst. Aditionally I'm disabled. However - does this mean you have to feel like shit? No. Not necessarily. Maybe you can't do what I do, because I've never been the type for feelings (sometimes it makes me wonder if something is wrong with me) but try and do what you want. Go outside, into nature. Get a small but loyal Group of friends (2-4 close ones) and find a goal/Mission. For me that is learning and also trying to influence others lives positively
>>
>>29350315
Well that's the problem my man , I can't bond with people at all , even my closest friends , I never felt human before
>>
>>29350386
Bonding is a big Word. When I see other people (or my friends) with their friends it always feels superficial to me, like they both try to keep up a Fake smile. True bonding will only be created over years and you have to put work into it. Easiest way is friends from childhood, but I guess you lost contact. If you are at Uni/School/work those are ways to find friends, if neither I guess Clubs, or via mutual Hobbies.
I know how you feel, I was just very fortunate with some people I met. It can be pretty crushing. If you are young (university or similar) you may want to try and live with one or two others together. This basically forces you to get to know each other and I believe that if one tries there's always a way of getting along. Not necessarily becoming best friends but try Baby steps. True deep friendship will Developer one time Passes and you share memories.
>>
>>29350580
Thanks for your reply , and yes all of my childhood friends died at war , I kinda get along with different people at college but I feel like I can never relate to them.
>>
Now there's a few things to keep in mind:
The people you are most likely to meet are the least likely like you are (because of your Situation) this will shift your perception a lot.
Generally instead of trying to get attention often giving attention is more effective.
I feel like others feelings are either Mine times 1000 or something I don't experience at all. My Range of emotions seems to be mad/sad/happy(default but it's a everyday kind of happy not euphoric or anything maybe content fits, not native...). I still try to master empathy. It is hard and sometimes I seem distanced (friends tell me that) but I try. As long as I help others they seem to like me though.
>>
>>29350649
Well to relate you need mutual experiences, from your current Position those are hard to have. Maybe try to get to know someone with a mutual Hobby or something... it is hard to gove Tips from my Situation..
Also sometimes when you can't relate that may be okay or even better. Personally this lack of emotion makes me far more effective in any problematic stressful Situation.

Also I don't know if you like reading but a robot here recommended "how to win friends and influence people" (a rather old book). If you have time it is not a bad read. Just try and pull apart the messages by yourself, not all are still valid, some changed over the years, some where too optimistic to begin with. Apart from that it helped me realize what I already knew: how to make a conversation enjoyable for the other Person and therefore make it more likely that we got along
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.