[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smoking general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: smoker.jpg (44 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
smoker.jpg
44 KB, 320x240
Sup /robots/.
Should I start smoking? I never smoked in my life, what does it feel like? Is it worthwhile, if not why do people smoke?
>inb4 you will die earlier
Why would I want to live long?
>>
I smoke only to get the nicotine kick so i don't smoke so often. I really like it tho. And i looks cool desu
>>
>>29348033
It's better not to smoke, it will permanently damage your lungs.

>Why would I want to live long?
Why would you want to slowly die short of breath, constantly coughing up phlegm and tar and in the grip of a(nother) chemical addiction?

If you do smoke, don't do it every day. Try to keep it to once a week at most, and not more than a couple inhalations. Better to vape or eat it in the case of cannabis though.

Eating cannabis can feel like being drunk, smoking is a similar feeling but more intense for a shorter amount of time.
>>
Yeah go for it m8 fuck it.

I just quit 2 weeks ago, but I've quit and relapsed dozens of times in my life, on my way to get some cigs in a minute, I'm done with this delusional self improvement shit.

I'm trash so I'm going to smoke

>inb4 anti smoking robots
You aren't even robots so don't speak
>>
You look cool, and girls will think you're a badboi. Start with menthol light cigarettes, then increase strength gradually.
>>
it feels like you're falling
like you're being sucked through a vacuum into hell
>>
The fun ends quickly and you'll regret starting. Go for the mouth fedora if you must.
>>
Smoking is good to know how to do, if someone offers you a cigg and you are in a group. But the taste is horrid, leaves all your clothes smelling like the ashtray and got some nasty shit in them.

But for me, it calms me down. I only smoke when with "friends", dont have to speak that much and it goes well after a couple of beers.
>>
>>29348109
>inb4 anti smoking robots
>You aren't even robots so don't speak
Not smoking means you aren't a robot?
>>
>>29348033

Give it a go, one way to find out.

I tried it a few times but it isn't for me, don't like the feeling it gave me. I stick to booze.
>>
I only smoke in social situations, and pretty much 99% of the time people offer me a smoke just so ill stand outside and talk with them for a while.

It feels nice, and I never spend a coin
>>
>>29348233
If you're rabidly against smoking then you aren't a robot, it's fine if you don't smoke but if you come on here talking about muh health muh smell then you're normie scum.
>>
It can be nice when the rush hits you, but that fads if you smoke a lot. If you have the self control to only do it a little bit, it's nice. Not a lot of people do. Apparently I somehow do, despite having an unbelievably addictive personality.

Or if you're totally miserable, just start chainsmoking I guess. It's a bit of relief.
>>
>>29348151
It feels amazing senpai
>>
>>29348231
>>29348119
OP here.
I actually thought about "starting"/trying cigarillos because I honestly think they smell nice (like pipe).
Also no magic crap in them, just tobacco.

>>29348100
I'm not a nigger and don't support organized crime by bying from them, so cannabis is off the table.
>>
People think it makes you look cool and you don't give a fuck, that's bullshit. When I was 18 - 19 I went through this autistic bad boy phase where I smoked cigs and I just looked like an idiot. Glad I quit that shit.
>>
I switched from smoking to vaping today. I don't know, I still have really bad cravings for a cig. It doesn't give me the same satisfaction. Maybe it's just like the psychological satisfaction of having gone through the routine of going outside and done it, plus knowing how much of a cig I've smoked though.
>>
>>29348270
>If you're rabidly against smoking then you aren't a robot
A lot of robots are against drinking and smoking just because it's more mainstream and social.

There is no correlation between being against smoking and not being a robot. I think you're just trying to justify your addiction.
>>
>>29348288
cannabis is honestly the path to normiehood, I met so many more people (a lot of grills) after I started smoking pot.

Shit feels real nice too. I do feel kinda niggish when I smoke alone though, so I always try to share
>>
>>29348326
>smoking is mainstream and social

on what fucking planet?
drinking yeah, but cigarette smokers are looked down on by pretty much everybody.
>>
>>29348320
The ritualism of smoking, drinking, or drug use is a big part of why people like doing those things.

It might not give you the same satisfaction because you're probably getting a different combination of chemicals compared to smoking a cigarette, or different amounts of nicotine.
>>
>>29348345
Get off my thread normie, I said no cannabis.
REEEEE.
>>
>>29348366
Almost 20% of people in USA smoke cigarettes, and that's not including people who smoke cigars or vape with nicotine. That's not a small number of people.
>>
>>29348326
I don't think smoking is really mainstream anymore. Only like a tenth of young people smoke and there's a big majority who hate smokers. I get a lot of dirty looks when I go out for a smoke.

That said, I think there's a big victim complex amongst smokers. I was watching this anti-smoking ad on YouTube and someone in the comments section compared how we treat smokers in our society to how Jews were treated before the Holocaust.

>>29348371
Maybe. I know that tobacco has MAOIs, which add to the effects, and that vaping liquids don't usually include those. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I only switched because it's a lot cheaper than cigs, like $3 compared to $10 a pack.
>>
>>29348434
It's not a small number of people but it's not..dare i say it..the NORM

and it has nothing to do with what non smokers think of smokers.
>>
I remember trying to take a puff of my mom's cigarette when I was a little kid. That experience pretty much convinced me never to smoke.

That, and it seems like a massive waste of money.
>>
>>29348440
>$10 a pack
do you live in NYC? that's outrageous
it's $6 a pack where i live in florida
>>
File: 1453752329184.gif (39 KB, 774x690) Image search: [Google]
1453752329184.gif
39 KB, 774x690
>normalfags caring what someone does to their health
Yes, I know it's bad for me and I don't give a shit. If you don't like the smell fuck off into your safe space you sheltered iguana
>>
Pack and a half master race reporting in
>>
>>29348520
I live in Philadelphia. It's weird because dip is almost completely untaxed here. You can get a pack of that for like $3. It doesn't make any sense.
>>
File: 1419290704237.jpg (302 KB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
1419290704237.jpg
302 KB, 842x1191
>>29348033
Smoking isn't as bad a faux pas as everyone makes it out to be. The nasty-ass coughing usually only comes from smoking a pack a day for a few years.

After you light up, the initial drag is pretty smooth and goes down real easy, you won't even feel it. Then eventually you start feeling this sort of slight tight feeling in your chest when you inhale, and you get a bit light headed. feelsgoodman

However, as you grow addicted to the fuckers, you gotta keep up on that shit. Your body will be screaming inside your head for a smoke if you go too long without. Shit tons of stress and anxiety, man.

Honestly though, unless you're a pack a day smoker, quitting is easier than everyone makes it out to be. Try a cigarette or two, and if you like it keep doing it. If not, then drop it then and there, whatever. Do whatever you want man.

I personally find smoking really relaxing. Every time I step outside, I bring my phone with music playing and just enjoy the scenery for 5 minutes before heading back in.
>>
>>29348765
Oh, one more thing. You WILL smell like smoke, especially your hands. If you smoke outside, then your clothes won't really take on the smell at all, but your hands sure will. I like to wash mine after I come back inside.

Start smoking indoors, and your whole house will smell like nasty-ass cigarettes. I don't recommend it.
>>
>>29348816
I may be a robot but I'm not stupid, so no smokin inside, not just because it is forbidden by the landlord.
>>
>>29348100
>>29348288

these people are pusses
menthol is for niggers and roasties
go buy a pack of camel yellow filteres and smoke you fucking beta cuck

>>29348816
this guy knows whats up
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.