[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: rust.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rust.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

what did he mean by this?
>>
someone who accepted nihilism as their world view yet somehow finds himself becoming obsessed with a twisted series of murders because of how sinister they were against those girls who were innocent, it's contradictory but he can't shake off the notion they did not deserve their fate.

while he doesn't bring the whole group down, he does manage to kill the murderer of that girl and with that becomes happy that he was able to do some "good" in the universe, the ending was great because contrary to him, his partner became more cold and apathetic throughout the years by his divorce / normalfag shit that happened in his life, and he is the one who reminds him that their actions had value and they brought some light to the universe.

He started seeing the universe as evil vs good and when his partner tells him in their final talk that by looking at the night sky the dark is clearly winning, he tells him otherwise and that it's the light that won today.
>>
>>29347776

character development done right, second season failed miserably and all characters felt boring compared to both the main ones from the 1st season.
>>
kinda felt out of place how marty cared so much for rust at the end. their relationship was not that great and mostly professional. I also wish marty contributed more to the team. at the end it was really rust doing all the work and marty just providing resources. that undercover mission was a bit silly too
>>
>>29347825
I deliberately avoided watching the 2nd season because I knew it couldn't compare. I was into Zappfe, Ligotti, Cioran, Mainlander, and other pessimists before I ever saw it which heightened my appreciation.
>>
>>29347596
Seeing the concept of evolution being dragged into that abortion of a reasoning of yours was painful. Please refrain from further attempts at thinking.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.