[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have hard day at work a few weeks back >Make joke to coworker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1466022247120.jpg (8 KB, 334x302) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466022247120.jpg
8 KB, 334x302
>Have hard day at work a few weeks back
>Make joke to coworker about heat stroke
>Manager must have overheard
>Get workers comp paper in the mail
>Take it to manager and say that I don't want this on my record
>Get letter today saying from the state saying "your employer has decided to pay you compensation etc"
>To an injury that didnt really happen, like it did but I wasn't a bitch about it and was just very sore the next day
Do I take it or not? I mean free money is free money but I kinda feel bad and also don't want to break the law
>>
>>29334041
Your employer gave you those papers to cover their ass legally. Just take the money so the matter can be resolved. They want to avoid you declining it and then the issue coming up later (and worse).

Next time keep quiet about trivial injuries.
>>
>>29334085
But why can't I make jokes? And how much will it be?
>>
>>29334329
>why can't I make jokes?

From your employer's perspective, you COULD say you're joking now, say you were serious later, and the law would slam your employer for not getting compensation to you.

Alternatively, if your employer doesn't address the heat stroke now and it gets worse because it's untreated (just in case it gets bad enough), they also become liable for your worse condition.

Like I said, they're covering their ass. That's all. Your manager may understand full well you're joking but HR's too nervous to care.

>And how much will it be?

No idea. Depends on the state and circumstances.
>>
>>29334364
So just take the money and never speak of it again?
>>
>>29334364
I really can't expand too much. Keep in mind I'm no attorney, I'm basing most of my answers off of experience and observation.

http://www.rehmlaw.com/Workers-Compensation/Workers-Compensation-FAQ.shtml#5

Go through that. That seems to have some good information.
>>
wow nice facebook meme friend
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.