[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck was this not original comment, original comment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1465081647329.png (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465081647329.png
109 KB, 500x500
How the fuck was this not original comment, original comment? ORIGINAL COMMENT!

I'm in kind of a shitty situation at work here

1 / 2

tl;dr

>I am the only employee besides the manager
>there is no air conditioning in summer / no heat in winter
>I work all day by myself on Saturday (manager doesn't come in at all. We're open 10+ hours saturday)
>I work more hours than the manager a week but obviously get paid less
>I work between 35-40 hours a week for "part-time"
>I need time off to get shit done but i cant get any time off

Originally I worked 3 days during the week + saturday, which was fine. I was going to school and studying. The other guy that was working here left, and the manager asked me if I could work everyday.

It's been almost a year and he has not hired a new person. I've told the manager time and time again to hire someone else but he has not done this.

I know it is not my decision, but when I'm alone in a store and get 10 customers waiting for me to help them, it gets fucking nuts. There is literally a line out the door. Sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes for me to help just one customer, and another 9 are still waiting for something - plus it's not always the same thing. I work in a third party pack / ship/ print shop, so could you imagine one person wants me to pack something worth $1000 while someone else wants to print 1000 posters or something and needs it done in an hour? Impossible - but happens every week!

I've only gotten one day off within 2 years - I had to ask 6 months in advance for it. The manager went away TWICE - January and February, leaving me by myself for 4 weeks total in the store. Opening and closing. Counting the money. etc.

I ask for a day off? "I need to see."

The guy takes off once a week and doesn't even show up on Saturdays. I could not go to work at all on Saturday and he wouldn't know about it since our security cameras dont even fucking work.
>>
File: 1465080478773.png (958 KB, 1280x6308) Image search: [Google]
1465080478773.png
958 KB, 1280x6308
Original comment

2/2

I need to make appointments.
I need to go shopping for new clothes ( because I'm trying to get a new job in my career field)
I need to get new glasses - haven't gotten new ones in 4 years
I need to clean up my house.
I need to do laundry.
I need to take my pets to the vet.
I need to replace my lost drivers permit.
I need to do a lot of work around the house because we're getting everything renovated
I need to practice driving during the week and not only on Sundays

I can't do any of this because I work 6 days a week.

It takes an hour and a half to get to work, and I work 5-6 hours a day, then another hour and half to get back. My hours are in the middle of the day till the evening - so by the time I want to do half the things after work, stores are closed.

If I wanted to do anything before work, I wouldn't be able to because I take public transportation and everything else I need to do is far away in the opposite direction

Basically

I need to work LESS so I can get other shit done.

I've worked for 3 years straight now. No vacation. No days off except Govt. Holidays. No time to do anything for myself. I haven't bought anything for myself either in 3 years. No games, no clothes, never went out to parties, never went out to see movies, never hung out with friends.

Literally wake up -> go to work -> go home -> go to sleep -> dont get anything done because exhausted from work or too late to do anything.

Can't change my hours either, the manager wants to get out of work early so he can go do things so I'm stuck with the late shift.

---

I'm very close with the owner of the business ( not the manager) and I've spoken about this to him before. All he says is "tell *manager*" because he makes all the decisions.

That doesn't work.

I don't want to quit because the owner of the business would be an excellent reference on my resume for future jobs. I just don't know what to do.
>>
Tell the manager you want to go over your contract together. You should have one which should clearly state the conditions you work under. If the contract says you're working part time (like 50%) you should not be working anymore than that and if your boss is forcing you then he is breaching that contract and that you'll be letting the owner know about this. Also, let the owner of the business know that the manager isn't following through by providing proof that supports your claim. Try to get some info from emails and texts.

If you're close to the owner, it stands to reason that he has your interests at heart. Talk to him about this and stand your ground about your manager. Tell him that personally you don't have anything against him but that this way of working is putting a strain on you and you can't keep up working this way.
>>
>>29322742
Get another job. There's no reason to waste your life away for a part-time job that you should be getting full-time benefits for.

Who cares about the money. With that stress, your medical bills that will be paid by you because you're not full time will add up to more than you're making now.

How much you making?
>>
>>29323140

$10.50 an hour.

A friend that works with other people around in the same job, only 9 months under his belt, that cannot work unsupervised, gets $11.75
>>
>>29323537
You are slaving your life away for a salary that makes you under the poverty line.

You need to get out of that job. Or demand a payraise up to $16 an hour. If he's not willing to give that, just leave. He may even call you back when he realizes how awful it is. You actually have more leverage than you know. You just need to take advantage. Although I would just get out.
>>
>>29322742
Stop being a cuckabaloo and quit
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.