[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I stop caring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Kxb6cBP.jpg (308 KB, 800x1024) Image search: [Google]
Kxb6cBP.jpg
308 KB, 800x1024
So I am finally getting out of social anxiety. How do I stop feeling shy, or embarrassed. I want to kill the mental are that makes me apprehensive. Any books or ideologies on the subject? I am ready to begin a new stage in life.
>>
>>24373296
I was fucked up by restraining parents, I always thought I'd be in trouble if I got a gf. I also thought I'd get in trouble for wanting to hang out with friends. Basically I was handicapped mentally by such things. Where first I'd decline friendship out of fear, then I'd not believe I was worthy of it, to hating myself for not knowing about it.

> pls, don't say to just go do it. I am a neet, I want reading material or something
>>
When I got to that phase, I just embraced my weirdness.

Life is too short to care what people think. That's a cliche, fine. But it's true. You have limited fucking seconds on the earth, and you're spending them cringing because random nobodies might think you're weird or inept.

It's just such a goddamn waste of time. Tons of normies are shy and awkward, probably way worse than you. Tons of people go through their whole lives stuttering and seeming like big pussies to everyone around them. That's just Personality Subtype 8593-A-Z3. No one notices it or cares about it above the level they'd notice a boisterous fat guy. No one cares enough to care.

Every single day of my life since I started kicking my social anxiety, I think to myself, what do I WANT out of today? If I start thinking "well, I want xyz today, but what if I look stupid..?", I can easily identify that the latter is useless. If I want a burrito I'm getting a goddamn burrito. I will NEVER again for the rest of my life not get a burrito I wanted because I might look dumb or weird.

Fuck everything get burritos
>>
>>24373296
Try to just strike up random conversations with strangers you encounter in your day-to-day routines. Flirt with ALL of the women you meet.
>>
>>24373296
there has to be something that makes you stop caring about other things.
>>
>>24373296
simply telling yourself "i don't care" doesn't work.
It is an autonomous response when you are in a social environment.
I'd recommend medication and counseling, and try to get some friends.
Therapy might all be BS, but it gives you a chance to practice social skills.
>>
File: 1447724717885.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1447724717885.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Easily. Just remember that your actions don't mean as much as you think and no matter what you do it'll probably be forgotten. Also if you don't benefit someone you're not worth anything to them. Do whatever you want man.
>>
File: 02898.png (152 KB, 462x360) Image search: [Google]
02898.png
152 KB, 462x360
Just open your ass
>>
>>24373296
this is completely the wrong way to go about social anxiety.
You DO care what other people think about you. Your status does matter. There's a reason we feel embarrassment.
You need to work on your social skills, take medication, and make friends.
>>
Try socializing when high as fuck, shit is lunatic mode, after that it will be easy to 1cc on normal.
>>
Sounds good anons, I see what you all mean. I'm sure I can do it
>>
File: 7extremefear.jpg (17 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
7extremefear.jpg
17 KB, 480x300
You're are countries will die before your're eyes. I hope you weren't dumb enough to have children ;^)
>>
>>24373582
If anyone has any other ideas or info I'd love to see. Or books. For now I'm going to bed, I'll check this tommorow
>>
>>24373353
>>24373355

Spotted the normals.
>>
>>24373296
Just give up. No, really, let fear take you. Increase it to the max.
>>
>>24373296
I dont know. All of a sudden I just stopped caring what people think of me. Ultimately,nothing fucking matters except the impression of your employers
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.