[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is happiness just a meme? If not, how do i become a happy person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1zz1cpe.png (87 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
1zz1cpe.png
87 KB, 300x302
Is happiness just a meme?
If not, how do i become a happy person?
>>
>>29306395
literally stop giving a fuck anon
there is no point in worrying that much
>>
>>29306435
so I shouldn't give a fuck that I'm a worthless NEET? because that seems like something I should give a fuck about, but not giving a fuck about it sure does feel good
>>
Happy people are people who have deluded themselves into thinking the world is a just and fair place in which good people will always win and bad people will always suffer. They believe everyone has equal talent, ability, and chances of success in life. They legitimately get inspired by bland motivational posters and perceive banal platitudes as profound, life-changing words of wisdom. They're often attractive and are never seriously mentally-ill. Those who aren't attractive are also not able to realize it so they continue thinking otherwise and living a confident, happy life. They're not objective, lack self-awareness, and are incapable of seeing the flaws within themselves, which is why therapy actually works for them.

I realize this sounds euphoric as shit but everything has led me to this edgy conclusion.
>>
>>29306525
if you don't want to change yourself you should probably enjoy things how they are
i was extremely sad when the only girl that ever texted me suddenly stopped and after few really hard weeks (i couldn't stop thinking about her) something has broken in me and i stopped caring about things
loneliness still hits me sometimes, but online interactions are good enough
>>
>>29306395
>>29306525
Here's what you do OP

>Get a job/go to college so you're not worthless
>Join a club and meet friends if you decide college, be social with coworkers
>Get a girlfriend, easier said than done for most robots but it's definitely possible, lose weight if you have to, start working out, stay true to yourself, don't be creepy, don't come on too hard, eventually it will happen
>Pick up a hobby
You're not going to find happiness in your own bedroom doing nothing anon.
>>
>>29306783
I thought happiness is a choice or a skill, independent of external circumstances. That's what some successful people believe, that have seen other successful rich people who seemingly have it all but who are still depressed.
>>
>>29306395
Become closer to your environment and enjoy peace of mind and simple pleasures.

Remember how you were happy as a child, unencumbered by the woes of the world. Recall that state of mind and embrace it.
>>
File: 1465944029705.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1465944029705.png
12 KB, 645x773
>>29306783
>Got a job.
>More negativity.
>Exercise.
>See improvements but still angry.
>Sure confidence has improved. But talking to girls are like talking to a brick wall, plus they are not interested.
>Did some photography.
>Got bored.
>Since losing weight, I stopped giving a fuck about people's problems. I became more selfish.
>Work like a robot.
>>
The key to happiness (if it even exists) is constant change. NEETdom is literally death because it is stagnation. If you want to be happy change your life. It does not guarantees happiness at all but it is your best chance because you will never be truly happy when you stay a NEET. It may be comfy at first but at some point you will constantly get more and more depressed. If you can't be bothered to change for whatever reason you should learn to be happy with your situation because nothing will change if you wont.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.