[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>made a thread on /a/ asking when did anime become so mainstream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1463642365728.jpg (71 KB, 368x555) Image search: [Google]
1463642365728.jpg
71 KB, 368x555
>made a thread on /a/ asking when did anime become so mainstream
>wrote in subject: "Did anime become a normie hobby?"
>haven't seen so much aggression towards me in a long time
>cucked mods deleted the thread

Normies are literally getting triggered when being called a normie.
So why did anime become so mainstream? Is it because of all the hentai and fanservice animes, or because people were actively making fan of anime fans, which gave huge attention to it?
When did it become mainstream?
Why is /a/ such a shithole?
>>
>When did it become mainstream?
Did it?
How do you even watch anime? Is it on TV? Do you have to buy it?
>>
>>29296214
>Did it?
Yeah, its pretty mainstream now both in Burgerland and Russia (especially Russia for some reason).

>How do you even watch anime?
Torrent, online stream sites.
>Do you have to buy it?
You can, but it will be on japanese.
>>
>>29296214
Gurren Lagann was even shown on Scifi. Hot Topic used to sell Madoka shit and they still sell all sorts of anime merchandise.
Anime hasn't been obscure since the 90s. Millennials love this shit. Even my fucking coworker watches anime.

>>29296098
/a/ is a shithole because they seem to think they're "old 4chan", when they're really /v/ with more video games. Everyone wants to prove they're not new every chance they get, so you get retards posting fish images to every lazy and boring troll, and threads being derailed because someone dared to ask for sauce, even when it turns out reverse images search databases didn't even turn anything up.
The irony is that the people who populate /a/ today have likely only been here for a few years. 4chan 10 years ago is nothing like /a/ today.
>>
>>29296339
/a/ lives of the meme that everyone there has already watched every anime that has ever aired. In reality, /a/ posters have probably gotten into watching seasonal anime about 1 year before. When they tell you everyone there has already watched "the classics" it's pure bullshit and memery.
>>
>>29296262
Heh, ok! I'm in Syrupland and didn't notice it.
>>29296339
>Gurren Lagann
Should I be watching that? I pretty much never watched anime, but I watch all sort of things, I gotta watch some anime too. I did watch Ninja Scroll and Akira and they were AWESOME but that was a while ago and they were in movie form...
>>
>>29296098
because /a/ is a purist board with disdain to the 3d world. Any mention of r9k terms and blogging will get you pelted. Anime being mainstream would not in principle be something that really concerns /a/. In fact a lot of /a/nons will openly thank Toonami and other large mainstream TV corporations for introducing anime to them.

So to answer your question, it's been mainstream decades ago and fluctuated in popularity over time depending on geographical locations.
>>
>>29296405
Yes you should watch Gurren Lagann. It's a good anime to start with. I'd suggest watching the first half of the anime and then use the second movie for the second half. The second half of the show is really slow paced compared to the first, until the last few episodes. The second movie cuts out most of the fluff and gets to the best parts.
Of course if you're a purist just watch the anime by itself.

>>29296395
I wouldn't say /a/ is that new. I'd probably say most of them came around 2009-2012 based on a gut feeling, but it's not like I could really know.
>>
>>29296405
I'll recommend you to watch Evangelion and Psycho Pass, you'll probably enjoy them.

>>29296437
Well, didn't seem like that. They got really upset by the word "normie".

>it's been mainstream decades ago
No, it wasn't. Anime was for losers, but lately it attracted huge wave of new people normies.
>>
JoJo isn't anime it's fucking capeshit

>>29296262
russia can't have lolis because putin wants them all to himself lol
>>
>>29296518
Alright! Thanks. It looks pretty good. And I like sci-fi.
>>
>>29296580
as I stated "normie" is a r9k term with particular connotations with the 3D realm and incites blogging which is unrelated to anime discussion. That is the main reason /a/utists don't like it. They prefer the term normalfag but it still isn't liked.

If you lived in Europe, anime is mainstream and has been for some time. Especially in France, Italy and other latin countries.
>>
>>29296759
>incites blogging which is unrelated to anime discussion
Meanwhile /a/ shits itself every time there's drama relating to a mod or yandere-dev's lives.
>>
normie is /r9k/ language. By using it you admit that you are new to /a/ by not using its language. That aren't really triggered by the word "normie" but with you being seen as new by not using their language.
>>
op how big is ur dick
>>
File: 1453566034667.jpg (69 KB, 498x482) Image search: [Google]
1453566034667.jpg
69 KB, 498x482
>>29297009
For what purpose are you asking me about such a thing?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.