[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I left my job I absolutely hated but now I feel depressed and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x360
I left my job I absolutely hated but now I feel depressed and empty.
The thought of not having a job to go to tomorrow makes me feel totally meaningless.
I left all the people behind at my old job. I loved those people and I'll probably never talk to any of them ever again, I have no other social life.

I couldn't stay there because I just hated the work it was horrible. But now I feel awful for leaving
It was the first job I ever had and now I feel I've done so much work there and come away with nothing except the money which just feels like a bunch of meaningless numbers on the screen of an ATM machine

How do you cope?
>>
The best things in life are simple pleasures and peace of mind. Clear your mind of conditioning and have a frosty Coke. The animals have it right and everyone else is insane.
>>
>>29278758
Hey anon, change is hard.
You made a tough decision and had to put your needs first and that's okay. It can be sad to feel like you've lost out on all of your friendships at work, but you can just as easily have that at another office.
Clearly you're a likeable guy if you've managed to get along well with your coworkers (a lot of people can't manage that) so you should have no trouble making some new friends at a new job.
Think of this as similar to how a child feels when their family moves, and they have to go to a new school. They're afraid that they won't make friends or that things won't be the same, but it never turns out that way.
It's gonna be okay!
>>
File: wojak21.jpg (31 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
wojak21.jpg
31 KB, 601x508
>be 30
>be rejected by KFC

kek I just want money to buy a wii u
>>
>>29278758

wow i'm in the exact same boat, OP.

i live with my parents but worked full time, i left on friday and the empty numbness has already crept in. even though i absolutely hated that job.

i'm trying to eat right, work out and meditate but i really have no idea where to go next. my parents are pretty angry at me and keep grilling me if i've found a new job yet.
>>
>>29280776
how the fuck can you be to poor to buy a wii u? they cost like $500. are you homeless?
>>
>>29278758
What sort of job did you leave?
>>
>>29280892

If they're so cheap for you why don't you gift me one faggot
>>
>>29278758
The most difficult thing for humans is to be happy alone. I'm getting by because I have my family and a few friends, but I have an idea of how it would feel.

Find some good friends, work out with them or find a hobby. Enjoy exploring activities you wouldn't otherwise. For example I wasn't /fit/ because I was distracted by work, but now I'm working on it.

>>29278885
>The animals have it right and everyone else is insane.
True true, saved
>>
>>29280852
>i left on friday and the empty numbness has already crept in

does wageslaving really provide that much meaning to life? i'm a neet of 24.5 years age and have been a fulltime hermit-level neet since 18 - 16 if you exclude the three month job i worked stocking shelves when i was 18...

i can't remember how i felt then.

all i know now is that i feel empty inside. maybe i'll try wageslaving again. i'm worried i'll fail though because i feel tired all the time and have difficulty getting up or staying awake during the day.

wish i wasn't so pathetic.

maybe i should just accept i'm an evolutionary dead end that normally would have been killed off by natural selection by now if society wasn't keeping me alive artificially.
>>
>have 2k in savings
I want to quit my job but I still live with my mom and dont know what Id do when she kicks me out for not working.
>>
>>29280984

>does wageslaving really provide that much meaning to life?

absolutely not, but actually having something to get out of bed for, humans to interact with and tasks to accomplish is so much better for the brain than wallowing in self pity.

the only problem is my job was in a cafe, cleaning up after the most ungrateful, entitled people out there. it's soul-crushing and only fosters misanthropy, and led nowhere. i had to get out of there or i would've jumped off a bridge or something.

guessing you live with your parents, how do they feel about your neetdom?
>>
>>29278758
sam is that you?
bloxblox
>>
This is EXACTLY how i feel about my relationship with my job, thanks anon for being relatable. I hate it, I get paid shit even though I fucking sweat more than an average employee. It is always so busy and understaffed and we are all rushing around in a bad mood.

But then I come home and take a cold shower and I have a sense of relief that I would not get otherwise, and I feel refreshed. Without work (I know, because I was a NEET for 8 months) all my days snowball into one long, drawn out bout of silent suffering there is no relief from.

>29278885
Do what this guy says, I can't wait to walk to get pizza and coke today then go to the air conditioned library.
>>
>>29278758
>tfw stopped going to my min wage call center job
I don't even give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>29280776
>wanting a wii u

what teh fuck
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.