[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is the whole sex/dating thing the most unfair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
Is it just me or is the whole sex/dating thing the most unfair part of life by far?

People talk a lot about economic inequality, but in some ways I don't think that's as important as sexual marketplace inequality. For one thing, as bad as inequality is, the poor are nevertheless getting richer all across the globe, so really, most people are doing better than ever before, even in places like sub-saharan Africa. Inequality is a bigger issue on paper than it is in reality, it seems.

But inequality when it comes to sex and dating shit, that's a whole different thing.

Here there doesn't seem to be much room for improvement. Further the effects are a lot more demoralizing than the effects of economic inequality. Being 'unattractive' seems like a wholesale curse on your being, as if the person afflicted with it were some sort of creature from the nether-realms. To be un-attractive is almost synonymous with being worthless, and it may carry connotations of one invoking actual disgust.

But the problem doesn't end there.

The inequality of 'attractiveness' isn't the only inequality in the sexual realm.
>>
There's also the matter of sexual potency. A man who is 'too scared' to ask a girl out and such is in quite an inferior position, psychologically, to a man for whom this type of thing is not a problem. Being unable to 'close the deal,' achieve penetration, it almost seems to make you a sort of half-Eunuch, not really a man in the full sense of the word. In fact, it's probably the deepest blow a man's ego can sustain, at least if he's not the sort of total autist who doesn't even bother with this stuff. It just makes you feel so weak, impotent, etc.

Then there's the matter of just how much society prioritizes this. Let's say you're a guy who just doesn't care about sex or relationships that much, an 'asexual' to use Redditspeak. Even in this situation, there can be a bit of lingering resentment over something you don't want but "want to want," just for the sake of getting that badge of approval.

I dunno man...

... Being a loser in this sexuality/relationship part of life is quite a fucking burden to carry. It just eats at you inside. You can experience 'rejection' in the sense of not getting into your dream school, dream job, etc, but your feelings will rarely go beyond simply being sad. Romantic rejection, or just a general lack of romantic success, comes with so much more than just mere sadness; it has a way of making you feel like a fucking insect.
>>
I understand what you mean, but the biggest problem for me is my own built in desire to procreate. It's literally in my DNA. It's not something that can be helped.
The logical part of me understands that I will likely never have children and, that even if possible, I should not have children and do not want children. But I still cannot escape that ingrained biological imperative. That alone is proof that there's no loving god.
>>
>>29273142
Class struggle is the basis of all oppression and inequality, even "sexual marketplace" inequality
>>
File: 35763575367.jpg (47 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
35763575367.jpg
47 KB, 500x361
The reason nobody cares is because 99% of all human beings have no trouble with dating and sex.
Only autists.
>>
File: 1464340191515.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
1464340191515.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1322
>>29273142
Posting in Schopenhauer thread

Honestly, OP, I don't want to sound like a MGTOW but... the only option is to go your own way except legitimately, not become some butthurt "redpill" fag

I'm growing out my beard, studying computers and only masturbating to lolis. Acquiring wizardry.
>>
>>29273142
except ugly people get laid all the fuckin time. just go outside and some cunt uglier than you will have a girlfriend. You're the only one that's letting all this shit have power over you.
>>
>>29273142
>economic inequality
>sexual marketplace inequality

it's the same thing

did I just blow your mind?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.