[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else so socially impaired that they act dumb around other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
Anyone else so socially impaired that they act dumb around other people to not appear quiet. Also sometimes I come off as rude or like an asshole but I don't mean to I just always manage to fuck up the way I say something
>>
>>29264891
I feel like i'm replying to a post made by me
Iktf, op. Eventually i just gave up all together.
>>
>>29264891
Me too. My social interactions seem to be nothing more than endless double binds. Do I stay quiet and get called out for it and in the long run abandoned by these people because I never contribute to the conversations, or do I force myself to say dumb shit just to not be quiet? Either way I lose, regardless of which poison I pick.

I occasionally do have funny and interesting thoughts around people, but I just seem unable to share them in a way that keeps the message intact, and so only nonsense comes out whenever I actually try to contribute to the conversation. I'm considering just claiming to be a mute from now on when I meet new people. Maybe then people would at least stop blaming me for being so quiet.
>>
i feel like that too

what should i do with my life

>18
>live with parents who are nice but heavily believe all the same kinds of /pol/ tier conspiracies
>thinks whites of european desent are the real israelites while jews are half devil hybrids from eve having sex with the devil
>beleive that devil jews control media and money
>they dont eat pork
>would disown me for having a girlfriend of different race
>im atheist and just go alobg with it because its easier than dealing with shame/arguing
>no direction in life right now but work at a family buisness that is pretty fun
>want to join the army but my mile is 10:30 and younhave to have at least a 16:36 2 nile in the army
>think i have aspergers and athsma so if i was diagnosed i couldnt enlist anyways
>mom and her doctor friend agree that i probably have aspergers
>mom tells ne getting diagnosed would donnore harm than good and that it might put me on a list that cant own a gun
>>
>>29266939
>I occasionally do have funny and interesting thoughts around people, but I just seem unable to share them in a way that keeps the message intact,
The same thing happens to me. I try to contribute to the conversation but it just turns into a mess. I either: speak too fast and end up meshing words together, start stuttering mid-sentence, or speak too quietly for people to hear. People will essentially just pretend I didn't say anything in order to try and keep the conversation less awkward.
>>
>>29267057
Having an actual diagnosis for aspergers rarely gives you any kind of benefit. If you've gone this far without receiving one, I'd say you shouldn't try to actually get one. It won't change who you are. It just puts an uncomfortable label on you. You could however probably get beneficial healthcare recommendations from a doctor over your asthma if you do turn out to have that, so that might be worth looking into truly doubt ever reaching that 16:32 mark.
>>
>>29267057
what is mile?
>>
I can come off as normal sometimes, but I come off as weird and awkward so much more. I don't think I could pull it off for more than an hour or two, let alone the day, weekend or week long trips and holidays normies often have together.
>>
>>29267476
running 1 mile
>>
>>29267242
Yeah, but honestly, I don't blame them. I would do the exact same thing in their shoes. However, when I actually do manage to say something decent, if there are any other super quiet people in the group and I see an opportunity, I always try to pass the ball to them. Because of my personal experience and ability to relate to them, I know how much easier it is for them to contribute with a couple of words if someone actually bothers to asks them a question and invite them to speak.

But I don't know, maybe I just come across as an asshole in their eyes for making them talk to begin with. I just kind of assume most of the quiet people that take the time to socialize with others voluntarily really do want to talk, but just feel unable to in a similar way that I do. But perhaps I should just stop doing this. It's often hard to know if I'm doing more harm than good.
>>
>>29267565
>>29267242
>>29266939
>>29266268
>>29264891
at least we aren't alone, right?

sometimes i wonder if normies are just saying dumb shit caught in an endless spiral of upkeeping their own normalism...
>>
>>29267873
If I understood you right then I think that theory might be a little far-fetched. At least it seems that way to me. I mean, I doubt I'd ever do that if I were a normie. I don't think normal people think about how normal they are compared to the few weird around them. They probably just think about how weird the few others around them are instead.

Whenever normies say dumb, awkward or weird shit, I imagine it's probably because thoughts come to them so naturally that they never developed the same kind of mental filter we have, and because of that, they don't test their thought before sharing it to see if there is anything wrong with it. I mean, why would they? They are obviously accepted for who they are and what they normally say, so if their 'just be yourself'-mode is good enough, why would they ever doubt their thoughts that come with it? Instead, they just say whatever comes to mind, and if worst comes to worst, they just laugh it off in a way we never could.
>>
I'm quiet around new people so they don't realize I'm a total fucking idiot.
>>
>>29268452
We can't all deserve the spotlight.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.