[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really concerned about my only friend, /r9k/. We're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1442218581101.gif (46 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442218581101.gif
46 KB, 600x600
I'm really concerned about my only friend, /r9k/. We're not normies so it's hard to help him but he basically just told me he's dead inside and finds it very hard to relate to humans being at all. He hasn't had a single friend or person he talks to outside of work for the past 12 years, he has no family and has never had a girlfriend in the time that I've known him. All he does is play videogames, read books and sometimes drink at home.

Normally I wouldn't mind but he just randomly quit his job last week and hasn't talked to me ever since. I fear he might be suicidal but I also question whether I even have the right to call him and question his life decisions. As a true friend, what should I even do here?
>>
>>29247617
Call him, say what's on your mind. That's all you can do.
>>
>>29247649
He doesn't like people meddling in his business though.
>>
File: image.jpg (477 KB, 1900x1058) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477 KB, 1900x1058
>>29247735

The only reason I posted is I can kinda relate. My situation isn't as dire, but I've completely isolated myself from the few friends I had over the years and distanced myself from family. Then I lost my second gf, who left me broken, which bled through to my work life. I lost my job and delved even deeper into alcholism.

The thing is I'm really sociable when I'm forced to be, like at work or with family, but have this desire to unhinge any real relationships. On the outside I'd seem as someone who is in control, but really I'm fucking scared and lost in vice and routine. I wish someone would be persistent enough to help me, but at the same time I'm too ashamed to let people get close to me and see how fucking...Sad, I guess, I really am
>>
>>29247885
Hm, I see. SO you think he might be distancing from others out of something internal he fears as opposed to hating the external everything?
>>
>>29247735
Speaking from experience, sometimes embarrassment about what you've become makes it difficult to appreciate outreach superficially, but I can almost guarantee you reaching out in a non-judgmental way can be helpful.
>>
>>29247649
suck his dick or send a hooker to his place.
>>
>>29247930
Very well. I wasn't trying to judge him or anything, I'm just genuinely concerned so I will try to be careful with my choice of words.
>>
>>29247916
Exactly. People who hate everything almost always do so because it makes hating themselves easier. Easy example would be Chads and Roasties here, it's easier to judge than be judged.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.