[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The key to being smart is internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1465108698622.png (471 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1465108698622.png
471 KB, 680x510
Can the internet make you a smart intelligent human being?
>>
Personally, I dont think so just because there still has to be a drive to want to learn/be curious. Just simply having the wealth of information at your fingertips is not going to predispose someone to genius.
>>
>>29225689
Clearly not, look at this fucking board
>>
>>29225743
You're right. There has to be drive.
It doesn't matter where you learn, the internet, or books (I prefer books, less clutter and I know what I'm getting desu) you'll never learn and become smart if you're not looking to.

I'm sure we've all been in a high school classroom at some point. There are kids who want to learn, who do well, and those that dont, who also don't do so well.

It doesn't mean they are any less smart at a base level, they just don't want to learn what the class teaches. They may just have a passion for cars or something that doesn't require high English or math skills.

It's all about the drive. If you want to become smart, and you push yourself, chances are, you'll get there.
>>29225689
>>
No. Internet has given us low attention spans. We can't read properly anymore because we trained our mind to skim and look for keywords. We can't figure out how to find information because we just Google everything. We don't bother to learn because we know we can just Google something whenever. We no longer have patience anymore because we have instant access to information and media we want in the blink of an eye. We also can't enjoy things like movies and games because we have an infinite library, unlike before when we used to appreciate the games/movies we had
>>
It can, but to actually use the internet to become more intelligent requires a desire to be more intelligent and the knowledge of what it means to truly be intelligent.

It's not a key, it's more of a hinge on a door.
>>
>>29225964
I believe that's one of the appeals of the tiny house movement, or the move away from modern norms, like going and doing wilderness survival. Getting away from the information overload, and getting simple, enjoying what you have.

If you're feeling discontent yourself, I encourage you to look into minimalist life styles, you may enjoy it.

Have a good day anon
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.