[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be hunter gatherer a couple thousand years BC >be fit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: HunterGatherers.jpg (515 KB, 1240x822) Image search: [Google]
HunterGatherers.jpg
515 KB, 1240x822
>be hunter gatherer a couple thousand years BC
>be fit and healthy, because shit food and sitting around all day aren't options
>have no deformities, because otherwise you would not have made it this far
>wake up at about 11:30 AM
>not that you have any concept of hours or minutes
>take your time getting up and leaving your temporary, makeshift shelter
>it's spring, the winter is finally over, the flowers are poking out through melting snow, and the sun is shining bright
>head down to the river with a few other tribesmen also awake
>fuck around for a while, wade in the water, cool off, spear a few fish
>bring them back to the camp for breakfast
>eat
>go back out to a rock near the river, lay back and bask in the sun for an hour or three
>return to camp
>the men are preparing for a hunt
>grab your spear, head into the woods
>find a wild boar
>your buddies drive it towards you, and when it runs past you spear it through the neck
>haul its carcass back to camp for a feast
>your wife takes its tusks to make you some cool jewelry out of
>sit around the fire late into the night with the rest of the tribe, swapping stories and legends
>go back to your shelter
>have sex with your wife
>fall asleep
>wake up at noon
>repeat

When did you realize agriculture was a mistake, robots?
>>
>>29216711
pretty huge survivorship bias you got there anon

>get small cut on your leg
>gets infected
>die in misery after days of shitting blood

>young man
>teeth arent growing in right
>they all just fall out
>die of starvation/malnutrition

>need glasses
>die

>break your leg running down a hill
>it sets wrong
>die
>>
>>29216940
But who wants to live with false teeth or glasses anyway?

I'll give you the infections and broken bones, though.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>29216940
Pretty much this
After the Neolithic revolution things got better in most areas, especially life expectancy
>>
>>29216940
Who's to say medicine wouldn't have developed among a nomadic society? It would have taken longer, perhaps, but surely we would have discovered better ways to apply medicine and deal with injuries.
>>
>>29216940
And, actually, this would be best case. Worst case, you get some medical issue that doesn't outright kill you but keeps you in constant pain.
>>
>>29216940
>>get small cut on your leg
>>gets infected
>>die in misery after days of shitting blood
if you get infected that easily you deserve to die. I've had hundreds if not thousands of small cuts and my immune system has never had a problem beating them.
>>
File: vkiVABn.jpg (15 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
vkiVABn.jpg
15 KB, 250x238
>>29217926
Alright I'll bite.

>Comparing an immune system in the 21st century to one of BC times
>>
>>29217090
Modern dentistry can fix problems with teeth so they don't have to fall out.

>>29217699
Without the written word (which let's face it a nomadic society wouldn't bother with) it'd be very hard to preserve medical knowledge. Once sometime discovers a better way to do something, it might be kept within the tribe but then be lost when the tribe's wiped out by disease or attackers. There's no documents to build future medical science on.

>>29217926
You live in a modern, relatively sterile, hygienic society though. You've also probably had a fairly robust diet with plenty of vitamin fortification to ensure your immune system is in good condition.
>>
>>29216711
romanticising this life is stupid if you've never lived it. It's difficult, you may not bring an animal home everyday. Its unpredictable due to going into an unknown area, who knows who's there? bears, wolves? another tribe? It isn't Adam and Eve and prancing around in the nude fucking everyday
>>
>>29218021
Wouldn't the immune system of an ancient person be BETTER than that of a modern person?
>>
>>29218035
he's probably a christcuck who thinks people lived to 300 back then
>>
File: 1460639021052.jpg (110 KB, 640x701) Image search: [Google]
1460639021052.jpg
110 KB, 640x701
>Your walking around in prehistoric trundra hunting for mamoths and shit with your fellow tribesmen
>suddenly a massive sabertooth tiger jumps out of nowhere and attacks you
>your tribe mates scare it off but not before it rips out a good chunk of your arm
>You reach for you phone to dial 911 before realizing that phones haven't been invented yet
>no worries Offa the shamman is there to take care of you with his healing magic tricks
>Offa does his shit unvoking the spirits of the eagle and the bear to come to your aid
>nothing happens and by now you're pretty much fucked from blood loss
>Maybe the spirits weren't in a good mood today or maybe Offa is a lazy NEET who uses his "magic tricks" to sit on his ass all day and fuck all the women in the tribe
>Either way it doesn't matter
>Your fellow tribesmen stand around you, sad but proud that you went down like a man
>As you take your last breath Chadug comes along holds your bloody hand and whispers into your ear "Don't worry, i'll take care of your wife"
>>
>>29218038
no because they were exposed to fewer pathogens, had shitty nutrition, and poor hygiene. Parasites were more prominent back then
>>
File: 1382217159373.jpg (105 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1382217159373.jpg
105 KB, 500x400
>>29216711
>When did you realize agriculture was a mistake, robots?

When I studied soil microbiology and realized agriculture is not sustainable and now especially so considering we basically turn a finite resource(petroleum) into food
>>
>>29216711

You're basically just envisioning life as Chad.

Hunter gatherer societies had robots too, those who were physically, socially, intellectually inferior but not so much that they couldn't survive. They'd be the most low-status individuals, the "gay uncles", who get ridiculed and excluded by other members of the tribe and never get to mate unless your tribe captures some women to rape.
>>
>>29216711

>wife
>implying hunter gatherers were monogamous
>implying a handful of Chads didn't fuck multiple women leaving none for the bottom 50% of men

Looking at the genetic history of our species we've found a significant portion of men never passed on their genes, while almost all women did.
>>
>>29218608
Soon we will just turn old people's bodies into fuel when they turn 70.
>>
File: 1465400574397.jpg (94 KB, 713x960) Image search: [Google]
1465400574397.jpg
94 KB, 713x960
>>29216940
Pardon my ignorance, but how has the genetics for poor eye sight been passed down at all? Is it just a genetic abnormality that keeps on reoccurring?

I lol'd, btw.
>>
>>29218476
i kek'd way to hard at this
>>
File: 1448920725501.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1448920725501.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>29216711
>be neolithic farmer
>life is nice and simple, live with qt farmer wife and array of domesticated helper animals
>can determine own food supply, so I'm sedentary and shit
>life is good, I can get used to this civilization shit
>meet some hunter-gatherer fellows
>they're eating raw meat like a bunch of barbarians
>decide to uplift them out of the goodness of my heart
>teach them to farm, domesticate animals, build settlements
>instead of learning how to be civilized they use their newfound food supply to have more and more children
>they start outnumbering my people
>they start raiding our formerly peaceful villages
>they eat their farm animals
>they mate with our children creating more hunter-gatherer subhuman offspring
such is life as a neolithic man
>>
>>29216711
>>29218927
>be Autistic fuck that was kicked out of his own tribe
>travel from tribe to tribe, from village to village
>no one likes me
>Imagine how awesome it would be if I could do things no one else can, if I was like great spirits of the sky and earth
>Say I am descendant and chosen one of these great spirits
>Say I carry their knowledge
>Say they speak through me
>Say they chose me to lead everyone into better life
>Create Imperialism
>Fuck survival of the fittest - my entire blood line is more or less safe.
>>
>>29218476
>implying shamans didn't use actual magic
We have forgotten the ancient ways.
>>
>Be ancient alien
>Arranged all of this for my own amusement
>>
File: 1465502125176.jpg (86 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1465502125176.jpg
86 KB, 700x525
>>29219055

>Believing in superposition

Oregano Condiment
>>
>>29219125
what's the story behind that pic
>>
File: asdqweqwe.jpg (28 KB, 325x389) Image search: [Google]
asdqweqwe.jpg
28 KB, 325x389
>>29216940

Poor eyesight generally comes from staying indoors and staring at books or television screens all day. And crooked teeth come from having an undeveloped jaw from eating too much nutrient-deficient soft mushy wonderbread and mac and cheese.

Anyways, if you are sick then the tribeswomen and old people would take care of you if you live in a halfway decent tribe. Hunter gatherers didn't roam around by themselves.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.