[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Health ward stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 660x371
Have you ever been in a mental health ward? How was it?
>>
35 days in the past few months, in three different stretches (10, 20, and 5). It was okay some of the time, terrible other times, and sometimes actually pretty nice. What do you want to know?
>>
>>29199466
went for 45 days when i was 13-14
spent my birthday in there
tried to kill myself and got caught so they sent me to an inner city mental ward that was full of niggers , i felt completely isolated from everyone
couldn't read any books besides a fucking Star Trek novel nor could i draw because all we got were golf pencils
had to sleep cuffed to the bed for a few nights and every morning someone would watch me shower
it got to the point where i would act out just to get some "booty juice" as my peers called it
was fed a diet of mostly diabetic foods so we wouldn't get sugar rushes
my family never came to see me and the only lesson I learned was never get caught just fucking do it
>>
No. I have been detained but always end up getting the clear. Literally like a fucking jail waiting for the doctor to come like a day later to evaluate you.
>>
>>29199496
after being in the hospital a few times last month I realized I didn't really want to know anything more about suffering in life
Its really just a pain, literally and figuratively. You're basically just there getting pounded by drugs and drugs and your emotions going all over the place and fear and shit.
Thank god when shit actually works though like atavan or xanax. Just drug my shit up senpai.
>>
16 days for legitimate suicide attempt.

It was boring as fuck.
>>
I've spent a little over a year in various mental hospitals. Small town ones are nice. Big City ones are like jail. The worst is the high security areas that you can get put in when you're psychotic. You're locked in a room hallucinating and it's really fucked up. Way more fucked up than if you were out in the open.I thought my room was an elevator to hell.
>>
20 here. Few years back spent a week-two weeks on two occasions. Would type out full story but im on my tablet. Pretty boring. Surrounded by kids that talked pretty openly about their problems (much worse than mine) and live realtively normally. Left feeling like im not depressed, but am just ideologically and philosophically doomed to depression.
>>
>>29199663
>the only lesson i learned was never get caught just fucking do it
this is way too real
i had the exact same take away
next time i'm just hanging myself, no more of this internet-recommended suicide shit
>>
>>29199466
I've only been there once (schizoaffective disorder). The girls were cute but weird as fuck. There was one older homeless woman who was diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder (actual psychopath). I befriended her out of fear because she was unpredictable and would do anything that crossed her mind. On the day I left, she Yelled at me to stay and had to be restrained. Scary shit. She also offered to fuck me in my room one night, but that's pretty much impossible thankfully because they check up on you every 30 minutes during the night to make sure you aren't an hero.
>>
I was TDO'd for taking took much xanax, drinking half a fifth of scotch, and trashing my place of employment. I was released after 4 days. The judge found me competent enough to be let loose
>>
I've never been in one and don't really know anything about how they operate but is being able to check yourself voluntarily still a thing? What are some of the negatives for doing so? Sorry for being a retard about this.
>>
>>29199853
I decided to go in "voluntarily" because I knew they would put me in a worse place if I didn't comply. The voluntary ward at Fairview hospital is still pretty fucked though, and you can't leave until this big-ass meeting where you are psychologically evaluated. I'm schizophrenic, so I had a REALLY hard time faking sanity, but my best tip is to just drink a shitload of coffee and be social on the caffeine buzz. That's how I got out.
>>
>>29199803

How do you befriend someone who is a psychopath?
>>
>>29199758
>but am just ideologically and philosophically doomed to depression
Sometimes I think that thinking too much is the real issue. If you really sit down and contemplate everything, its hard to justify enjoying life. But when you're enjoying life or working, you can't give any fucks about that sort of thing because you're busy. Am I just supposed to keep busy until I die? Fuck.
>>29199821
wait how were you able to move on that much sedative and depressants
>>29199853
I tried to get in once and they told me to fuck off because its not a place for the faint of heart anxiety filled soft white boys like me
>>29199663
what is 'booty juice"?
Is it what I think it is?
>>
>>29199945
from what i remember i was feeling fucking awesome then i blacked out. no idea how i got from one place to another

the cops found me in a pool of my own vomit with my glock 17 with one round chambered about 3 feet away from me. took me a month and a half to get my gun back
>>
i suffer from schizophrenic symptoms because of my methamphetamine usage, i remember i was high as fuck talking to my cable box telling it to turn on.

i've been to psych wards 6 times, each time spent about 3 weeks just waiting to get released, i was admitted involuntarily because of psychotic episodes, i though people were trying to kill me so i barricaded myself in a room with a knife screaming and called the police, i was put in cuffs and sent to the hospital.

seroquel, xannax, ativan, ambien is good shit everything else sucks its basically like jail, i liked watching tv and talking to some people
>>
I love it when it was over when I was in it I hated it because of how strict it was. The food, T.V. hours, what time to wake up and to sleep, etc. By the end I didn't want to leave. The people talk about me somewhat, but that is only because I got myself a reputation of working out hard daily. Also I was the ex-military crazy person talking about hookers and the mob. The psych ward team was great, nice nursing staff, helpful female psychiatrist, tasty food, lots of space to walk around. It was a good time to be but I didn't learn anything just what I was diagnose with (psychosis, paranoid schizophrenia) and why I was crazy. Still I would go back to the psych ward if I could I enjoy there.
>>
>>29199466
As an outpatient for about a year, yes. No particular stories to tell. Just that the people who worked there were very kind.
>>
I believe I was in for 2 weeks. I have an interesting story.

There was this very tall half black guy, he was like 6'5. He kept telling me he was naturally a jew, but as a kid he lived with muslims and they injected him with sketchy stuff to make him muslim or something. Then he told me he tried to inject sperm in his leg because he thought it'd make him stronger. He kept telling me to put my period blood in a needle and stick that in my leg.

He would always write down these things on random scraps of paper, I actually saved one so I can post a picture of that paper in my next post. He would also yell at the nurses in the front from the top of his lungs asking for medication. He also said all white people were evil. He said he's only so tall and black because the stuff muslims injected in him, he showed me a picture of a little white Jew boy and said that was him before the injections.

I can't say why he talked to me about all of this. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>29200002
I like how you felt the need to add the gun back part. Thats hilarious. Xanax just puts me out, I guess since I don't OD on it because I'm too scared to fuck with shit.
>>29200037
>ex-military
>hated how strict it was
could you explain that? I figured that military types like rules
>>
I spent 5 days in one after getting caught in a suicide attempt. Surrounded by people that we're obviously worse than me and a nurse kept telling me I didn't actually want to die. Left feeling bad for feeling depressed and wanting to kill myself even more because of that nurse.
>>
>>29199945
haldol shot in the ass cheek makes you pass the fuck out
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29200063
This is the scrap of paper I saved
>>
>>29200138

Cool. What does it say?
>>
>>29199705
any suicide attempt that doesn't leave you a vegetable is just a cry for attention. people who actually want to die do it right
>>
>>29199945
I remember an even that really puts my current state into context. I was a freshman in high school, practicing coding languages, and taking a number of coursera classes like philosophy and astrobiology. One night, however, I found a wikipedia article called "Timeline of the far future". I found that 10^10^120 years from now the universe is calculated to reach its final energy state. Total heat death. My life span isnt long enough to even repeat all of the zeroes in that number and yet this apparent event struck a devastating blow to my psyche. For the first time in my life, I was confronted with something beyond the angst that told me life was meaningless. A collective of smart apes on a rock that will, in time, fall into the black holes that will swallow the universe but my existence meant something? It isnt really possible to get past. I try in vain everyday to convince myself that I could even make some artifical meaning stick in my mind but its fruitless.
>>
>>29200182
"Inject period or for beyond egg beyond egg embryonic state longer lit get younger as tools to get older and limb regeneration"

He made a lot of mistakes because no eraser, but also because he seemed really twitchy I think. What he's trying to say is that i'll get younger and be able to regenerate my limbs if I inject period blood into me.
>>
>>29200235
Yeah I got past that argument long ago because I figured that I'd be dead anyways. My concern then became meaning, and I figured out that meaning is essentially purpose and purpose is always raw emotion driven. The people who care the most about life or their shit are the happiest because they spend all their time fulfilling their emotions to satisfaction. In a satisfied state, you cannot question so meaning doesn't bother you anymore.
Its basically a death state. You get satisfied so the question is no longer occuring to you. This is the goal of all humanity
>>29200278
This is only funny because its a 6'5 black man
>>
>>29200334
It's not really supposed to be funny but glad you had a laugh.
>>
File: 1451471676586.gif (2 MB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1451471676586.gif
2 MB, 300x400
>>29199466
I'm the guy that was charged like $700 by the wards doctor for a prescribed pillow.

Hello.
>>
>>29200278
Well did it work?? :DDD
>>
>>29200409
Nice to see you again, Pillowbot. Believe this is actually the third time we've run into each other.
>>
>>29200074
I like it after about two weeks, by that time I had everything clocked down to a second. What time the nurses showed up, what time the food showed up, what time the doctors interviewed you, etc. I told the female psychiatrist everything about the ward and she wasn't happy that I knew how to escape. She had the passcode number changed. Plus the nurses were told to watch out for me, that I was military trained. like I said after the first 2 weeks, when I had everything clocked, I started to enjoy the ward because of how strict and rigid it was. Plus the female attention from the eating disorder girls was enough for me. They were cute and one was really up front about the her wanting the D. The best thing about that psych ward was the little freedoms you could still have like sugar and caffeine, smokes, even a few shots of liquor if nobody talk about it or if nobody was too drunk afterwards. I'm Canadian if that helps. Free healthcare.
>>
>>29200409
That's fucked up. Pic of the bill? What kind of pillow was it? Did you sue?
>>
>>29200433
W-Why would I actually try? Would you inject yourself with your sperm?
>>
>>29200435
Thank you, friend. What is your story so I can give you a name and find you again?
>>
Mostly boring, no qts, pill time was fun.
>>
>>29200529
I don't have much of a story, but I'm the Canadabot who's (still) hoping the assisted-dying legislation working its way through our parliament will end up giving me a safe passage out of this world in about a decade when my money runs out.
>>
6 months here. was at the time when i was 10 years old, i tried hanging myself.
it was a fucking shithole, except that i met this girl called Emma. i spent my 6 months in the loony bin with my depressed qt gf, i spent 4 years with her, those were the best times of my life, words can't explain how badly i want to be able to relive those moments. it all stopped when one day she decided to fucking kill herself. a day doesn't go by when i don't think about her.
>>
>>29200570
>relying on the government to help you die
wow. I'm glad I'm not you
>>29200492
you doing any better now or is it still suffering?
>>
>>29200074
stay away from xanax and all other benzos bro. the cops have been looking for me in my home state after i crashed my car high on ativan. the hospital took blood and urine and i think i'm fucked
>>
>>29200627
>>relying on the government

Trust me, I'm not. Plan A is the Cadillac of deaths, on a bed in a hospital surrounded by professionals, if it's offered to me. Plan B is me doing the best I can for myself.
>>
>>29200497
I don't think he swings that way
>>
File: 1438917422787.jpg (129 KB, 625x836) Image search: [Google]
1438917422787.jpg
129 KB, 625x836
>>29200494
Well, one morning in the unit the nurse started asking me if I was alright. I was in for a suicide attempt with car exhaust. So I told her I was fine, as good as I can be. She kept hounding me about it till I finally said I could use an extra pillow to hold at night (I have wide shoulders so I like holding something to keep them from hurting in the morning). She said Okay and left me be. Later that day a nurse starts telling me to follow her. I ask why and she says for a doctors appointment. I get into the office and ask the doctor why I'm there and I'm told it's because of my shoulder pain. Told him I just needed an extra pillow. So I literally get a prescription written by the doctor for one pillow. When I get out of the ward months later I get the hospital bills and one of the itemized ones was the doctors visit costing $700. I had medicaid so that covered it all.

A $700 pillow. And you know what? They never even gave me that extra pillow. The cunts.
>>
>>29200627
I'm doing much better now before I'd used to vulture around my city but now the government pays for my food, internet, housing bills. Plus because of my crazy life I get more money just volunteering my time to inner-city youth about the dangers of gang-life. It's a sweet deal to have friend.
>>
>mfw normies that call 911 on suicidal people and lead to them being held prisoner and force-fed drugs until they get thrown back out onto the street actually think they're "helping" and that they're good people
>>
>>29199663
Oh man just reading the word booty juice makes me laugh out loud. I remember when this white trash methhead was acting up because they wouldn't give him more benzos. He threw a chair in the common area and staff was on him within a minute. I remember him yelling "dey shot me wit booty juice!!!!!" as he gets subdued by two male staff workers.
>>
>>29200718
I remember your story good laughs
>>
>>29200570
Hi, legistlationbot, now we have names. I'm tempted to get a helium tank all the time. Until we go I hope to keep finding you.
>>
>>29200037
>>29200138
>I'M A GIRL I'M A GIRL PLEASE NOTICE ME
>>
>>29199466
Was 17. All in all it wasn't that bad. I'm basically the typical antisocial robot but while I was there the qt grills and fags were fawning over me (not my words). They would not leave me alone and would incessantly talk/flirt with me (most of them were normies). Essentially I got to be Chad for a few days until I was released and then just went back to being my miserable unsociable self.
>>
>>29200756
>mob
>ex-military
>government checks
you'd probably like that churchofwhatshappeningnow podcast with joey diaz. He's a ex-felon convict, most of it is just him getting high and telling crazy stories about his life to his friend.
I swear I've listened to over 80 hours of his shit and haven't even heard a single story twice. Joe Rogan, his friend who does a great podcast too says the same thing and he knows the guy in real life.
>>29200781
its funny cause he's black
>>29200652
I've been on it for about a year since I started freaking out after they put a feeding tube down my nose and my brain went into full panic mode. I love the stuff. I've had anxiety all my life so even a mg or two just makes me feel 'regular'.
>>29200667
>cadillac death
Well, thats a new one for me.
>>
>>29200838
>Until we go I hope to keep finding you

Likewise! I like seeing you post your story as it perfectly captures the breathtaking absurdity of this world.
>>
>>29199920
Just talking in a nice tone and agreeing with her. Everyone else hated her for her shit she pulled. I was the only person who was afraid enough of her to be friendly to her.
>>
>>29200855
>i have nothing to provide to this thread

haven't you noticed all fembots are mentally insane? why are you upset they're posting here?
>>
>>29199853
You can check yourself in voluntarily. If I didn't check myself in voluntarily then my psychiatrist said he would put me in involuntarily and I did NOT want that. If anything there's only negatives to being put in involuntarily instead, that stays on your record apparently but voluntarily doesn't (so I've been told, not sure it's true).

When you get put involuntarily then you get a lot less benefits. At my specific mental ward there were privileges you got for behaving and just not being crazy. I was allowed to go downstairs of the hospital to Tim Hortons and the cafeteria, even allowed to talk a walk outside the hospital. I was allowed to go home for a couple hours then come back (while I was with someone else too of course). And even though I didn't get this privilege, some people were allowed cell phones and wifi for their ipads. Though I was allowed a PS Vita.

tl;dr voluntary = good, involuntary = not good at all
>>
>>29200969
he's clearly triggered
>>
>>29200969
Because they're not robots and they never will be. They do not belong on this board and are just here for attention.
>>
>>29201099
have you ever been in an asylum?

16 year old boys think they have so many problems because stacey won't fuck them
>>
Was in a pseudo-ward for eating disorders when I was 15.
>rooms have small dresser and bed
>roommate included
>about 20-25 girls and 1-3 boys at any given time
>wake up at 5:30 every morning to get weighed and have blood pressure taken
>during bathroom times they check your feet to make sure you aren't try to do squats or something
>shittiest therapists you ever will see there
>yell at you for standing up for too long
>4 levels higher you are more privileges you get
>although you have to suck it up pretty hard to the staff to get to level 4, most are stuck on 3
>food is pretty good
>play stupid word games to distract severe people from crying during meals
>yell at you if you eat too slow or too fast
>doesn't matter how normally you try to eat they will find something to bitch at you about
>fat black security guards in front to prevent patients from trying to stab therapists or run away from the facility
>boys aren't allowed to sit on the same couch as a girl
>boys generally get short end of the stick because they are a minority
>most popular activity is playing card games and reading shitty ya novels
>"bloody Tuesday" we got our blood drawn once a week
>doctor doesn't listen to any of you
>example say none of us are getting enough sleep
>"yeah I've been getting that a lot lol"
>>
>>29201131
i know right, this fucking guy. odd thing is both posts he replied to actually had decent content and related to this thread. but because it's r9k everything has to be female/sex related somehow even if it's a thread that has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>29200235
At one point in our history it was accepted as fact that the Earth was the centre of the universe, think about that.
>>
>>29201131
You're right, my bad.

Sorry, roasties. I'm sure your attempt to commit suicide by swallowing six fish oil capsules was completely legitimate and not just a pathetic attention-whoring stunt. I'm sure leaving your hand visible in that photo was simply a coincidence and not you making sure that no one missed the implication that you were a woman in your first post. My apologies. Here's your (You).
>>
>>29200789
We meet again, friend. What is your story?

>>29200925
Absurdity. Just the right word for it. I wonder if half depression and other mental hiccups could be boiled down to the person having too strong of an absurdity antenna. You see it everywhere and it sets you vibrating and frozen. Who wouldn't want to turn the radio off at that point?

I'm curious what your most peaceful memory is. Mine happened in a cave. Mt. Timpanogos in Utah has a cave, by that name, you can hike up to. It's a very steep climb and I was nearly four hundred sweaty pounds at that time in ill fitting shoes. I got to the top and was taken into the cave with another group following a park ranger of sorts. Just a bit inside the cave is a wide open cavern. Not huge but it was big and tall like the inside of a small towns high roofed church. They told us doors were installed in this area to stop the cave from constantly streaming air from another entrance into the cave farther in. They said it also gave us the opportunity to experience pitch black. Darkness only found with the utter absence of light. They switched the lights off. I was struck. One moment I was indifferently curious about the rocks around me and anxious about being in the group and falling over or bringing attention to myself. The next moment, when the lights dropped, I was smiling ear to ear. I couldn't help it because I felt so at peace. I was invisible to the world and the world to me and I felt content beyond anything I'd ever experienced.

I don't think I'd find it in death but I think that experience holds clues for why I ruminate on ending it all.
>>
>>29201196
I think /r9k/ just likes to channel their problems into some magical pixie girl who comes along and 'saves' them by becoming the perfect mate who makes them feel loved and appreciated forever.
I had a case manager like that, she was really pretty and although other people said bad things about her I couldn't understand them at all. She was just perfect to me, even at the time I knew she was a real person and that the reality was something that I didn't want to know. I hold onto the fantasy of her, it keeps me feeling like theres hope left in the world even though I know the real person out there is likely a flawed mess.
>>29201228
And there are still people today who run after animals until they die and drink yak blood to survive.
>>29201262
you ever think about isolation tanks?
>>
>>29200944
Don't ever befriend a psychopath/sociopath, even if you're afraid. They ALWAYS screw you over in the end, it's all they know.
>>
>>29199466
Actually one of the worst times of my life. I was only there six days, but I still have nightmares about it almost a year later. Ceiling cameras and white walls seriously freak me out now, and I don't like getting in cars without knowing where we're going with people, even friends, because I don't trust anybody to not toss me back in there and leave me there for good this time.
>>
>>29201300
From listening to the Joe Rogan podcast, I have heard of isolation tanks. I didn't consider using them to recreate that moment but.. I think it would be fun to try!

Gave me something to look into, anon. Thank you.
>>
>>29201334
This goes for personality disorders too. the funny part is they claim it's a mental illness, so you're ableist for not laying yourself out to be used and discarded by those fucks
>>
>>29201343
I did meet a cool guy named Grant in my time there though. He had a really deep voice, and would play chess with me. All the other kids didn't have the attention span and would just argue. Most of them were there for running away or stupid shit like that. He was there for getting caught pussying out of killing himself too.

I doubt he's here to read this, but I really hope he's doing alright.
>>
>>29199803
I had sex with a Chad who was in there for rape charges. It's not impossible if you are in there with staff that doesn't give a fuck because the place was about to be shut down anyway.
>>
>>29201262
>I'm curious what your most peaceful memory is.

I like your story.

The one that comes to mind for me is actually somewhat similar. I was up at a cottage here in Ontario about twenty years ago, hanging out with my best friend at the time (actually the closest friendship of my life). It was nighttime, and we ended up wandering to the top of what was basically a small cliff overlooking the lake.

There I experienced the most tranquil moment I can recall. We were far enough away from civilization to experience a darkness and a pacefulness unlike anything I'd experienced before. It was light enough to see---barely---but the thick blackness against the brilliant light of the stars was breathtaking. The only sound came from the quiet motion of the water below. It filled me with an overwhelming sense of the enormity of the world, and made everything seem so incredibly... real, somehow, all at once.

Actually a really good memory. Thanks for bringing it to mind.
>>
File: IMG_0328.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0328.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29201541
That's a nice memory.

So we need cliffs and caves and lapping water and darkness. You know, I think we need to go camping. I want those things but I want a fire to then go back to and watch. Some months ago I'd go into the nearby woods, really just some lots in this neighborhood that was never torn up while the development was built around it, and I'd make small camp fires till the mosquitoes were too much or the firewood I scrounged ran out. This was one of those nights.
>>
>>29201956
I heard this story on NPR a few nights ago when I went to return an aerobed, shit wasn't comfortable. The same day I bought a 7.99 firm body pillow, but thats just coincidence.
Anyways this black guy becomes a cop. And he wants to be a good cop, but everyone is a shitty cop around him so he turns bad. Eventually he gets found out and runs. He lives in the woods for 22 years, said that he didn't really miss much but a nail clipper. Eventually some random felon stumbles upon him and he tells him how he has to live in the woods and the guy freaks out and turns himself in. So this black guy does it too, but he's not in the computer system so he has to tell them to look in the basement across the street to find the documents that show he's a wanted man.
The judge sentences him but counts the time he spent in the wild as jail time. He became a community builder type afterwards. It made me think of how much society defines our lives, and makes us what we are.
>>
Going to a mental health ward if you have good insurance coverage and are under 21 is absolutely amazing. You will have cute young nurses holding your hand every waking hour. Lots of good drugs, brand new entertainment stuff like a PS4 and a room for baking. And t he facility will be nice,, new and clean.

Going to a mental health ward if you have government assisted insurance and are over 21 is basically like going to jail. You will be thrown in a run down, remodeled prison complex with a nigger crack head roomate. All of the staff will be shitty with you and wont give a fuck because they're underpaid.

This is speaking from experience. Choose your suicide attempts wisely
>>
>>29199701
pretty much. mental health ward is definitely not a place for robots
>>
>>29199466
Yeah it was dope as fuck
I got to read all day and live in my pajamas and hang out with tumblr qt's all day
I weaseled my way out as quickly as I could but it was a huge mistake, it was pretty dope
>>
>>29202511
>Choose your suicide attempts wisely
This is pretty much only possible to say on 4chan isn't it
fucking hot nurses. I got a bit upset when she said she was going to wipe me down, balls and all. Then again I almost died and was in the ICU.
>>29202607
I made the mistake of pretending I still had pancreatic pain because I was enjoying the opiates they were giving me too much and watching tv all day. I learned what happens if you stay in the hospital too long. They start trying shit on you.
>>
>>29199466
I was in one for 3 weeks for being drunk and told my dad I was gonna kill myself in the next week. The food was good, at first it was really awkward and I didn't talk and got called a physco by a few people. Then after 2 weeks 2 older ladies got admitted and they tried talking to me and after awhile I kind of did, they said I was very interverted and they were trying to help me so I could go home, I listened to them and tried doing the things they said and I think it helped me be able to get out if they weren't there and talked to me I'd probably still be in one. One interesting thing happened when we were playing a card game, another patient was walking behind the group and took a pencil and tried to stab is throat with it, and the big black guy got up and the patient said I'm not gonna mess with you and the black guy was trying to act tough and said yeah you ain't, this guy was probably a robot and ate his scabs and stuff.
>>
Alright, here we go.
>Last October.
>17
>Wanted to hang myself, but was too chicken shit to do it.
>Tied a noose to my ceiling fan's blade and put the rope around my neck just to feel it.
>Considered kicking the chair out from under me, but as previously stated, I was a little bitch. Besides, it wouldn't have held. I would've just broken the fan.
>Next day.
>Dad's shouting about me being late.
>Don't have time to take the noose down. He's screaming so much.
>Figure it'll be okay to just leave it. Nobody will find it.
>Youstupidnigger.jpg
>Go to school.
>Stay after to do some class project with a girl who hated me.
>She's being surprisingly nice to me.
>Get a call from mum. She's asking where I am.
>Tell her walking home now.
>I get home. Dad's nowhere to be found. Mum says get in the car, we're going to a new therapist.
>k
>About half an hour in the car.
>Start thinking about what might be going on.
>Consider rolling out of the car and running.
>Once again, pussy out.
>Arrive. It's a giant ass hospital.
>No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
>Go in.
>Frantically message the grill I orbited hard like a faggot that I might be going away for a while.
>Phone dies before I can explain anything other than that I'm at a hospital.
>Mum is done talking to doctor.
>Sends me in.
>I explain I don't belong here.
>Doesn't work. Big surprise.
>The fuckers strip me of the laces in my shoes so I can't choke myself, my necklace that I had since I was 9, and my watch.
>Gave me little rubber padded blue socks, a blue t-shirt, and shitty, itchy sweatpants.
>"We'll be back in two days, anon!"
>Fucking liars.
cont.
>>
>>29202710
>There are probably twice as many girls as boys.
>The girls and boys are NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOWED TO INTERACT.
>Shame. I have a thing for tumblrinas.
>My roomate is some 12 year old black kid who ran away from home. He was there until January, or so I heard.
>Every night there was screaming on the girl's side.
>The boys would hang out in front of their doors.
>Some wanted something, like meds or water.
>Others just wanted company, and didn't want to be lonely in their rooms.
>All of them got shouted at to go back in their rooms.
>First morning. Mum is here.
>"You gotta take me out of here. It's awful here. You can't leave me here. You can't." Just sort of have a breakdown. Was nOT about to get left there.
>Lolno
>All the food is awful.
>Diet was almost strictly apple juice.
>Must've lost 10 pounds from not eating their shitty hospital food.
>Got sort of well liked for always giving my food away.
>Spent all day every day watching TV, and trying to convince the other kids to play chess with me.
>All of them were near illiterate hoodrats, so none of them would play me, except one kid who was really bad, but liked learning. Bless him.
>Also Grant.
>Grant had a voice at least two octaves lower than any of the staff there, was tall, and was ginger.
>He always had his arms crossed, was in the back, and didn't speak much.
>He was basically an anime main character.
>Grant's story was that he tried to hang himself too.
>He said that the rope was too long.
>He probably just pussied out too.
>Then he scratched his gun's identification number off, hid it in his bathroom, and ran off to his girlfriend's house.
>I don't remember why he was going there, but I think he wanted to hide something at her house.
>He got caught in the woods on the way over though.
>Grant and I were about tied in Chess. It was nice to have something to do.
Cont.
>>
>>29202453
I want to escape from the complicated net of societal pressures but it surrounds and cuts into me, extends deep into my past and where it cuts in has been healed. What I want to escape is apart of me and I can't outrun it. That's a nice story.

I got a body pillow. It's nice for my shoulders and knee. I love it. Sometimes I have a flickering thought quickly snuffed that I should buy one of those japanese anime gf body pillow covers as a joke. But only you guys would laugh with me about it. So I don't.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (67 KB, 630x399) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
67 KB, 630x399
>>29202832

Type faster kike.
>>
>>29202859
Ah I know that feel anon. Its a journey not a ending. When it ends, then it won't matter anymore. So many times I thought it was over. So many times I thought 'I've got it all figured out now!' Fuck
As for the anime pillow shit my pillow is actually too firm for me to use but I like having it near and imagine its a loli. A anime pillowcase would merely get in the way of my imagination.
>>
>>29202832
>Next day.
>Supposed to go home.
>"One more day, anon."
>Lose my cool and tell my father that he's the reason I'm here.
>Guy just shrugged it off and smiled.
>Can't really blame him. Not a fan of the guy, but that was a shitty thing for me to say.
>That's probably another day or two though.

>All the other kids spend their time watching MTV or arguing over who's turn it was to play the PS4.
>I love to write, but I couldn't do much of it, since there's no way they'd give us pencils.
>We went to "school" which was a complete joke.
>Actually think I lost information in my brain because of "school".
>I did swipe a pencil.
>Still have notebook full of shitty emo writing about me wanting to kill myself.
>Start thinking of "exit routes".
>My only two plans were to smash my head against a sharp corner in my bathroom, or find a metal object I could run up and stick in the plug in the hallway before anyone stopped me.
>Unsurprisingly, I don't get the balls to do any of that. If I couldn't hang myself, there's no way I could smash my head to death on a corner, as metal as that'd be.
>There's also "PE".
>I'm a scrawny white boy, so I just sat on the benches while the 6'2" black kids played basket ball.
>This is where Grant told me all about his story.
>He explained that unlike everyone else, he wanted to stay in the ward as long as possible.
>His reasoning was that they must've found the gun, so as soon as he got out, he was going to juvie, or prison.
>I also met some other kid. I don't remember his name, but we'll call him fag.
>Fag had pretty much the same story as me.
>Depressed, a weird geek, a faggot, and too much of a bitch to go through with ending it.

>A few "one more day"s later.
>Meet basically the embodiment of black Chad.
>Was in there for beating his girlfriend.
>Had been there multiple times.
>Everyone remembered him.
>Instantly popular.
>Hated him, but I wasn't about to pick a fight with Tyrone, who's double my height.
>>
i checked myself into a mental hospital for 4 nights a few years back.

it wasn't so bad. i just listened to what they said.

it helped.
>>
>>29202987
>Mum visits with my phone.
>Gives it to me.
>Obviously can't keep it, but I can call whoever I want right there in front of them, and give it back.
>I have 5 minutes.
>Call the grill who's the subject of my oneitis.
>Is busy.
>I leave a message explaining that I'm in the hospital.
>Notice I got a voicemail from her that was sent the day after I got admitted.
>It's her telling me that she's worried about me, and hopes I'm okay.
>Her voice was so pretty.
>I never cry. I get REALLY depressed, and often really want to cry, but it just doesn't happen.
>All of the tears that I ever didn't cry just fucking came right in the front hall in front of the hospital workers, the cute girls on the other side, all the boys.
>Fucking fuck, man.
>Give the phone back.
>Repeat her message over and over in my head for the next few nights that I'm there to keep me going.
>I still have it saved on my phone.
>Fuck, I got a new phone, and specifically asked them to transfer my ONE saved voice mail just so I could keep it.

>A few days later.
>We're in the basketball courtyard, and we're looking at the crazy old man who's half naked on the fifth floor staring intently at us.
>He's there every time we go out.
>Blackchadjerome says he's been there as long as he can remember.
>Cute tumblr grills start writing signs to one of us from the window on the 3rd floor.
>"Ur cute"
>Shit like that. They're crushing on one of us.
>We point to each of us, they keep shaking their heads.
>Get to me.
>They nod.
>Aw yes. The cute crazy girls who are under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOWED TO TALK TO US think I'm cute.
>Absolutely pointless, but makes me feel better.
Probably one or two at most more posts.
>>
>>29203119
>Last few days.
>Have no idea when I'll leave.
>Feels like I've been there for a month.
>Feel like one of those prisoners who only know the prison life now.
>Shaw-shank redemption feels.
>Just a little over-dramatic.

>Faggot comes out to everyone as bi.
>I've never seen humans verbally swarm a person before.
>I felt so bad for the poor guy.
>He took it like a champ.
>Tell him I'm also a FILTHY FAGGOT WHO SUCKS DICK, but I don't tell the rest of the boys.
>The one black kid who would play me in chess also comes out as bi to us.
>We're like the three fagmusketeers.
>Everyone asks me how I hang out with the BI kid.
>"Aren't you scared he'll try to fuck you, anon?"

>Second to last day before I leave, unbeknownst to myself, of course.
>Grant is leaving.
>Ask him if he's worried about Jail.
>He leans in and whispers that his mother told him that she hid his gun.
>I have no idea if she lied to him.
>I really, really hope he's okay now. He deserves it.

>Finally go home.
>Only a few people noticed I was gone.
>Go to a school with about 50-80 kids. Word travels fast.
>You'd think everyone would've noticed I was missing, but I guess not.

For some wrap-ups.
>My orbiter grill started ignoring me for 2 months. Caused a lot of panic attacks. She finally told me she doesn't like me as any more than a friend, despite her telling me she loved me.
>Still play tf2 with her and pretend that I'm not bitter about it.

>Never heard anything about any of the kids from the hospital.
>Still have nightmares every two weeks or so about it.
>Still scared of ceiling cameras and white walls.
>Still freak out when I'm in a car and don't know where I'm going.
>Still can see the marks on my arm where I went fucking ham with a razor blade the night before I went to the hospital, but they're almost completely faded.
>Still a huge, moody, faggot.
>>
>>29203321
stop playing tf2 with the bitch
>>
>>29203321
I got bounced around from medication to medications, therapist to therapist, and spent some time in an outpatient program. It was pretty awful, and wasted a lot of my time that I could've been spending on school. It made me really anxious.

I'm 18 now. I'd say my life is a lot more on track, but I'm still miserable all the time, often for no reason.

Out of all the things I've done, all the meds I've taken, and all the people I've talked to, the hospital was the most counterproductive.

I don't let people know when I'm sad anymore. I get this strong anxiety about it, like I'm not allowed to be sad, and I need to keep it a secret.

That's the end of my story, /r9k/. I hope you guys don't think I'm TOO huge of a piece of shit. The moral of the story is stay the fuck away from those places. Psych wards are bad, bad news.
>>
>>29203369
Sound advice, man.
>>
>>29203321
What's the girls name start with? Might know who you are by assosciation
>>
>>29201452
No you didn't, why pretend? Any patients with sexually aggressive behaviours are put in separate wards, only way you'd be in with someone charged with violent sexual offences is if you're a dude who did the same.
>>
>>29203401
Her name was Holly.
>>
>>29203372
Yeah I hate you a little bit cause you sound like an emo cunt but you're 18 so its forgivable. When I was 18 I was full of dumb shit in my head.
Keep your wits about you and get into something that pays and lie low. A few years of hard works and you'll be a new man and enough money to buy some whores.
>>
>>29203442
Ah nevermind. Had a similar situation with a similar girl, tf2 never cured the pain.

Overwatch does though. check it out.
>>
>>29203455
Yeah! It loos fun, and I love Blizzard, because I play WoW. I actually just got scammed out of a LOT of tf2 items, so if I'm going to drop it for another game, now might be a good time.
>>
>>29199466
I went to a rich people's residential facility. It was like living in a fancy hotel you couldn't leave. Was there for about a month. Met a lot of rich lawyers and art dealers that were drug addicts/schizos. One rich lady apparently smuggled an 8ball of coke in.
>>
>>29200652
Ativan is pretty cool, I completely bypassed a stressful six month period of my life by mixing Ativan with booze and marijuana. Now the whole thing feels like trying to remember a dream, and oddly enough life ended up working out really well for me. I just stopped cold turkey when my script ran out and I didn't bother to ever see my doctor again.

They are not meant to be abused though, you will turn into Mr Hyde and not even remember it if you're not careful. That's why I would never recommend them based off my own lucky experience.
>>
Being in the mental health ward is pretty nice, all in all. You spend every day just dicking around, trying to fill in time. It can get a little boring, I'll admit. They don't really have a lot of things to let you entertain yourself.

You start going to all these stupid meetings just because, well, you've got nothing better to do. Some of the meetings are actually pretty fun. I've always enjoyed the music therapy groups because you've got a bunch of crazy people jamming out on ridiculous Caribbean instruments. Crazy people make some pretty good tunes.

You're kind of forced to talk to other people, because none of you have anything better to do. People in the ward are pretty interesting. I met this one guy who had all these grandiose delusions about himself. He kept insisting that Bill Gates gave him the winning lotto numbers and he was gonna be a millionaire soon. He gave me his number because he wanted to take me to Coachella on his private jet and do shrooms together. He was really manic, so he couldn't sleep. Every night he'd argue with the nurses until they stabbed him in the ass with some benzo that knocked him right out. He'd tell me every single day that he was getting out of the ward that very night, but the nurses wouldn't let him go because he kept threatening to beat up Obama and make him go back to Africa or something. I got out before he got out, so I dunno what ever happened to him.
>>
>>29199466
When I was a teen I was sent off to one for a week. It was shit. A little backstory. I was still living with my controlling psycho of a father. Not my life situation today thankfully. We got in an argument and he threatened to shoot me. That was the first time I ran away from home. Stayed with a friend til I got kicked out, nowhere else to go but back home. Tried to kill myself (poorly) by slashing my arm. Dad rushed me to the hospital, got stitched up and sent to a psych ward. I hated it. Was full of some genuinely crazy motherfuckers that terrified me. There was nothing to do for entertainment, only cold showers, they forced me to take pills every night while they watched. Was only in the 120s but they decided I had some nutritional concern and made me eat less than most other patients and lost several pounds by the time I came back. I begged to leave and cried everyday. Fucking miserable, worst time of my life, didn't help a goddamn thing.
>>
>>29199466
IT WAS AWESOME.

I spent nearly two years by me, myself and I. This long period of isolation was a product of an undiagnosed brain injury (which's yet to be diagnosed to this day, but damn did it hurt) which'd nearly destroyed my ability to function in any way requiring any of the three major cortices (primary visual, auditory and prefrontal).

Anyway, aside from the one I was Baker Acted to (twice) THEY ALL RULED. Go to one, dude. They're fun.

Though I could be saying that solely because I needed to be around people again lol

(isolation's been studied to cause ENORMOUS amounts of stress) and jail, which was also a product of my malfunctions (found not guilty under incompetence) also allowed me to quit smoking, and cigarettes've been related to the onset of schizophrenia, too, so (because they weaken cortical functioning).

Anyway, being around people. That's the fun part. BECAUSE EVERYONE'S CRAZY, not really cray, but like

Jail rules, too, sorta (if not for probation (thank God all charges were dropped, too, for that reason)).
>>
>>29200182
It's mostly gibberish, but the last three words are "read the filename" and it's the_game.jpg
>>
>>29203877
what's jail like anon?
>>
Went twice, first time I was 17 so it was just 3 days with a bunch of 12 year old girls who ran away, just watched tv since it didn't seem like we were allowed to sleep all day. Second time I was in for 10 days and was withdrawing from zanex so after a few days I was hallucinating, and it was all kind of like a terrifying dream for more than half the time I was there. When I first started hallucinating I thought one of the black nurse guys was a gang member and had a panic attack because in my mind it seemed like the hospital was getting broken into by gang members. Ran and hid in my bathroom and they circled me and tried to give me some pill, which i thought would kill me so I spit it out and ended up with a butt shot. Slept most of the time there (only wokeup to eat, vital checks, and smoke breaks) and had even more vivid terrifying dreams of being chased (had a few cool dreams too tho, one I met dog the bounty hunter). I remember one of the people at the desk let me use my phone, when I wokeup it was gone and when I asked to use it again the person at the desk looked at me angrily and said I'm wasn't allowed to. When I left I didn't get my phone back. My roommate was a mexican robot who asked me something like "How do you talk to a girl you like?" Just told him "idk never had a gf". After I stopped hallucinating on like day 7 it was pretty boring. Food was literally some of the best I've ever had. Smoke breaks was the only thing to do and I started smoking cigs for a while after I got out. Ward psychiatrist didn't seem to understand why I was depressed, and just wrote me off as psychotic. Tried the anti-psychotic pills for a few months too, asked my personal psychiatrist if I could stop because it just made me feel "flat" and didn't help with my anxiety at all. They told me I needed to be on them for a year before maybe tapering off. Stopped taking it that day and never went back to that counselor/psychiatrist. This was like 2 years ago, still have my "dream log"
>>
>>29199466
I have been at a mental day hospital for 10 weeks and I will be stuck in a mental hospital starting Monday
It's planned that I stay for 4 weeks
After that back to the day hospital
What should I pack besides clothes, shoes, bathroom stuff, and books?
>>
>>29203372
Just wanted to say anon that I loved your story. Im too fucking lazy to comment on most things, but you're story was good enough for me

Also for the "three fagmusketeers"
>>
>>29205146
Aw, thanks, man! It means a lot to me.
>>
i got sent in when i was 15 for self harm. for some reason they thought i was trying to kill myself before admitting me. i got sent in with about 10 others who were obviously much worse than me, mostly runaways. some 14 year old girl there talked about how she used to live with her 26 year old abusive boyfriend, and one girl was schizophrenic and looked nuts. i got along well and bonded with everyone there, more than i ever have with a group of people before....was fun, if i could spend a week there again, i actually would
>>
Any British people here been admitted to one?

Someone on /pol/ worked in one and said it was a bad idea and to avoid at all costs.

I need some form of mental health therapy.
>>
>>29201088
Don't try and act like you're a seperate person, when in reality you're that exact same "fembot". Stop trying to feign consensus. Not only are you a poser, you're incredibly stupid, too.
>>
>>29201242
Roasties BTFO

OriginalSpiritualDigitalLyricalCriminal ... InYourSwimmingPool
>>
>>29201196
Holy fuck, could you white knight any harder?
>>
>>29205995
I don't really think it's whiteknighting to call someone a dick for shitposting for no reason. That's the same logic as /pol/tards calling anyone who doesn't think that they need to shit up unrelated threads cucks, it's just dumb.
>>
>>29206177

You're a white knight because you suspend all logic to protect the fair maiden.

>Everything has to be female/sex related somehow even if it's a thread that has nothing to do with that.

It doesn't matter if the post isn't strictly relevant to the thread, as the issue being addressed affects /r9k/ as a whole. To use your flawed method of comparison, that's like saying a person can't criticise a rapist without the crime being on trial.
>>
I got lucky in that one of the hospitals near me has one of the best wards in the state, dare I say the entire region. People will intentionally come to the floor I've been on from two states away.

It's an "emerging adult" unit, so basically it's 18-26, with some exceptions. You end up without the really edgy teens and tweens, and for the most part without the really bad chronic older people. It's usually around a 50-50 mix of mental issues-mental and drug issues. I think I might actually do better most of the time I'm there, because of the forced socialization and because my lack of a computer forces me to spend my free time reading and writing. And playing chess, when there are other intelligent people there who are inclined to do so.

My place had sort of middling tier strictness. Well, it was lax, just not as lax as it used to be. You couldn't take walks or go to a cafeteria, but there were outside courtyards, and the food they brought up (usually three options, or you could just ask for a sandwich/salad) was usually pretty good actually. They give you plenty of meds, though you're never going to get benzo's for anxiety if you're a drug abuser, which sucked for me because I am. The main floor doctor will pretty much give you any medication you ask for, within reason.

The staff were for the most part pretty nice, and some of them were great. There was this 46 year old punk guy who grew up getting trashed on the streets of Brooklyn who's without a doubt one of the best counselors/mental health workers I've ever met.

In one of my stays I got caught up in some drama, which ended up being anxiety inducing at times, but at other times it actually felt kind of good to bitch people out hard/get in yelling matches. Otherwise, I usually got along with the other people pretty well. There were usually a couple or a few people who I could reliably talk to. I'm not even going to try to list off the interesting people, unless people want greentext's of varying quality.
>>
Was in there for about a month, after having a psychotic episode from alcohol withdrawal. It was pretty chill but super boring, got my shit together and finally got the help I needed. Also met my GF there.
>>
>>29203321
>We're like the three fagmusketeers.
10/10, have an internets sir.
>>
Did a week back in April, it was alright but I was bored out of my mind. I didn't know at the time because I've somehow never watched her in porn but I was in the same unit as Stoya.
>>
I went there for "psychosis", and I was extremely confused about my whereabouts and why I was there, since I've never been in a mental hospital before. I kept believing I was trapped in an eternal dream, and that I had to wake up. Then after reading this poster on the wall about having schizophrenia, I started to genuinely believe I had schizophrenia, and that everything I was seeing was just a hallucination. I started believing that people weren't real, like people right in front of me were just hallucinations, and that my family was just my imagination. I started wondering whether everything I heard/saw/felt/etc. was not real.

Then about a week and a half in, I fully regained 'consciousness', and regained my sanity. I realized how absurd my thoughts were, and even laughed a bit at how I acted. And I understood the processing of patients and mental institutions by now.

But the stupid psychiatrist still thought I had psychosis, still believed I was sick in the head. Thinking about those idiotic psychiatrists/ologists pisses me off. They wouldn't let me leave until 2 months later. They insisted I needed meds or else I would go bat-shit insane again. Goddammit they suck.

They say I needed to take meds for at least a year or else I'll go cray cray. As soon as I left I stopped, and not a single symptom has arisen. All facets of my life are going well. So fuck you psychiatrists.

As for the experience, it was pretty meaningless day after day. I just played the piano, read a book, watched TV and talked to the other people about taboo stuff.
>>
I was both in a mental ward and in a prison.

I didnt saw any difference.
>>
I worked in a mental health facility for kids for around the last four years- both with the adolescents and with latency (ages 4-12). Sometimes it's funny, it's more often stressful, and at times it gets really difficult to not just choke kids out.
>>
>>29199466

i spent a couple of months in a mental hospital a few years ago. it sucked because there were crazy people there. i wasnt completely with it either.
>>
>>29199731
>elevator to hell
>>
>>29203321
Very interesting read, my man.
>>
>>29200235
Oh man, I can relate. When I was in elementary, I watched a lot of popsci documentaries and read popsci books, and I always freaked out when I read that the universe will either collapse or keep expanding forever. I had a real big existential crisis from when I was 8 till when I was 15 years old for different reasons. I kind of accepted that shit by now, but my life still sucks.
It almost came back after I was sent to the psych ward after I drunkenly screamed that I'm gonna kill myself and my parents had to call the ambulance on me. I was there for three days, because I had to wait for the doc to be evaluated. I was tied to the bed the first night, and in the morning a guy came in and asked questions, first I thought he's a doc, but turned out to be one of the more fucked up guys and started talking about religon and conspiracy shit, it was pretty spooky, realising that I'm tied to a bed and this nutcase is in the same room, even though I'm a big guy 4u.
>>
>>29201151
>>during bathroom times they check your feet to make sure you aren't try to do squats or something
What?
>>
>>29208440
oh nevermind, I realised it's because eating disorders.
>>
>>29201151
The anorexic girls at the hospital were always cute. Honestly they weren't usually very sexually attractive, due to just how skinny they were and how nonexistent their sexualized clusters of fat were, but they were still cute.
>>
>>29208524
I thought the bullimics were pretty cute because they were fatter than the anorexics but still skinny.

The anorexics are cute until they reach a certain point where they start to lose all the fat in their faces.
>>
>>29208759
Yeah. Whenever I saw the legs on the main girl I'm talking about, it was just the tiniest bit disturbing, because it was some Holocaust survivor tier shit.
>>
I was really scared, I had just gotten kicked out of home and because I was neet I had no where to go to. The police found me and I had failed, so i was put into a ward. It was really scarey, Most of the people there were black or old people that people dumped off onto the staff, I had just turned 18. I was by far the most quiet person there and hid in my room, but they checked every 5 minutes. One of the members tried to talk to me because they thought i was a cute girl so they tried to hit on me.
>>
>>29208873
I'm very, very glad that I can go to a ward which has a cut off before middle age while also not having stupid kids around, and also was for the most part designated for high functioning individuals (relative to the situation). Sucks you had 5 minute checks, I only had 15, and after a certain time at night it became hourly or something like that.
>>
>>29204938
>What should I pack besides clothes, shoes, bathroom stuff, and books?

maybe take a diary to write down some of your thoughts. might be interesting later.
>>
>>29199466
>Have you ever been in a mental health ward? How was it?
I don't live in first world country so i never experience. getting visited by witch doctors are awful
>>
>>29208984
My ward always had those, but I don't know if it's standard. And they had all kinds of bathroom stuff too. They even had plenty of donated clothes, because a lot of people end up there without the time to plan out what they'd want to bring, and sandals to wear in case you didn't have any shoes which were deemed safe. Books are very important though.

Also, remember that anything which anyone could possibly manage use to harm themselves is a no go. No laces on any shoes (and no steel toes), no belts, etc. My hospital was particularly strict about those kinds of things. My mom gave me one of those adult coloring books to bring, and they confiscated it because it had two staples holding it together.
>>
>>29207260
>but I was in the same unit as Stoya

what was she in for?
>>
>>29208984
Already have one that I used in the day hospital
Thanks for the suggestion tho
>>
>>29207260
This just reminds me of how when the staff where I went were talking about how they sometimes get famous patients, they said that in the vast majority of times none of the patients realize who they are.
>>
>>29200612
>goes to a mental health ward
>dates a depressed girl who lives there
>acts surprised when she kills herself
>Wat
>>
>>29209202
It doesn't seem like he was surprised, he just feels shitty that it happened.
>>
in and out the past 3 years haven't been back in 2016 though strange shit happens in there not as many rules for doctors or therapists as you'd think. last time I was in there one of them told a downy kid that was a danger to himself that life isn't for everybody. he wasn't wrong
>>
when i was 15 i spent a week in one

>2 cute asian girls in there
>yellow fever off the charts
pretty boring other than that
>>
>>29209027
>Books are very important though.

yes i found this to be the case. luckily i had my parents visiting me the 2 months i was in hospital and they brought me books. though i dont remember a single word of any of the books i read. with the medication and the psychotic episode my mind was just a mess. my dad brought me Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and i read the whole thing but i dont remember a word of it.

>because it had two staples holding it together.

really how much damage can you cause with a couple of staples?
>>
>>29209282
It's funny, the first time I went I forgot to bring books, and Heart of Darkness was the only good book they had there, so I read it for the third time.

You can't do a huge amount of damage with the staples, but you could easily cut/scratch yourself with it. The risk isn't suicide, the risk is giving a tool to self harmers.

Personally the way I gave myself pain in there was sticking my fingers in very hot beverages. Guess they never thought about that, or just decided it wasn't worth the revolt taking about coffee and tea would cause.
>>
>>29209244
>last time I was in there one of them told a downy kid that was a danger to himself that life isn't for everybody. he wasn't wrong

holy shit. did he off himself. can downies even self destruct?
>>
>>29208970
I was even good too, I drew alot and the therapist talked to me from a philosophical standpoint
>>
>>29209343
Retarded people are very, very capable of being miserable. Every time I go to the ward, there's at least someone with a sub 80 IQ.
>>
>>29209343
can't really tell he was always in there when I was I don't think he could have killed himself but I haven't been there in a year so who knows
>>
>>29209329
>or just decided it wasn't worth the revolt taking about coffee and tea would cause.

lel every one behaved themselves when it was time for tea and biscuits. one of the highlights of the day.
>>
>>29209364
One thing about my ward is that there were no therapists, just social workers and mental health workers, and a load of nurses. They could be helpful at times, and were (almost) all good people who genuinely held the patients best interests at heart, but no actual therapy. As they repeatedly had to explain, you go there for stabilization, not to recover entirely.
>>
>>29209395
At one point our coffee machine kept breaking, and people started getting pissed. The staff actually went to a differently floor, got a few pots of coffee, and brought it up to us. You do not fucking take away a bunch of dopesick addict's caffeine.

Sounds like you only got those kind of drinks at specific times. We just had a coffee/hot water machine. The caffeinated coffee switched off at 2:30 PM, but there were always boxes of caffeinated, decaf, and herbal teas. The valerian tea always went so fast it wasn't even funny.
>>
>stay in psych ward for 45 days after failed suicide attempt
>do three things in that time: talk to people, play Sudoku, read American Psycho once
>see people come and go, only person staying as long as I am is a 50 year old gay businessman who had a schizophrenia/psychosis episode, not sure which, only know he blacked out and trashed his own apartment the same way a dog would, but acted normal around me
>every day a nurse checks my pulse, blood pressure and eye movements to make sure I had no neurological trauma from the CO poisoning

>two weeks in, hobo I shared a room with hits on me
>requested to switch rooms, which was accepted

> 20 days into my stay, get temporarily transferred to a larger section of the psych ward that had TV and better food because it was christmas and I was among the few people that didn't get to go home in that section
>anorexic 40 year old woman and I chatting in the hallway when suddenly guy casually gets out of his room, walks calmly toward the fire alarm and pulls it
>he gets tied up to his bed and his "roommate" has to sleep somewhere else

>fast forward two weeks
>fat bipolar lady thinks it's ok to hit on the other women (almost literally asking them for sex and complimenting their body and shit)
>even when they tell her to stop of course
>made me pretty angry, though none of us say anything to her until she gets really forward, almost aggressive

The rest of it was pretty boring
>>
>>29199466

the worst part about going to hospital for me was just when i was about to leave after months of boredom and madness, a cute girl came into the ward. she was just gorgeous, a skinny brunette with brown eyes and a pretty face. i wish i got to know her and wonder if she killed herself yet or if we could have been fugg buddies on the outside.
>>
>>29199466
was in one a couple of months ago after listening to binaural beats and getting extreme akathisia+intrusive thoughts. The nurses were nice but that's probably because I was polite. I could also play basketball and have my parents visit me, but the experience still bores the hell out of you. all in all it's just a low level holding facility for people more inclined to do dumb shit.
>>
>>29209443
>The valerian tea always went so fast it wasn't even funny.

hmm. never heard of that in australia. it must be a euro or american thing
>>
>>29209444
I feel bad for you people who had to share rooms. My floor had only one shared room, and they avoided using it as much as possible. I almost ended up in it for one night because one of the shared rooms was the only empty room, the other person in there was a guy, and a girl was possibly about to show up, but that never happened, so I didn't need to. It would've been fine if I hadn't (would've gotten to hang out with my delusional bipolar black homie), but I'm glad it didn't.

We actually all got pulses and blood pressures taken three times a day when we got our meds, no matter what.

No one tried to pull a fire alarm while I was there, and I don't think it was easy to do so, you needed to have a key, but we did have three escape attempts. Two girls ran out the door when staff walked onto the floor, which is pretty stupid because the stairs just lead to another locked door, and one of them managed to bolt out the cafeteria which was the only unsecured area we walked through on our way to the locked courtyard. She got out the door, but security caught her in like two minutes.

The only people who really hit on anyone other than little couplets that formed which staff just ignored was a guy or two who hit on the nurses. And the nurses were very attractive, or at least some of them were.
>>
>>29209444
>schizophrenia/psychosis episode

its the same thing. schizophrenics have psychotic episodes. some people have one episode in their life and are never effected again, with others it reoccurring. when its reoccurring they call it schizophrenia
>>
>>29199466
I was. and it was complete bedlam
>>
>>29209579
It's not really a European or American thing, it's just sort of a hippie thing. It's a very, very mild sedative, so I chugged that shit.
>>
>>29209640

any stories?

original post desu
>>
>>29209620
>We actually all got pulses and blood pressures taken three times a day when we got our meds

Yeah, the eye exams were for me specifically though. Also motor functions assessments in the first week
>>
>>29209482
lmao kid you obviously shouldn't have ever been released in the first place if you're this delusional
>>
how do i get admitted in one

i'm 20 and have been depressed for 7 years and i'm a neet and i think i would benefit from it even if only by gaining experienced i otherwise wouldn't have
>>
>>29199466

who did you find the scariest when you were in there? the schizos, the bipolar manic depressives or the druggies? i personally found the bipolar patients the most unpredictable and erratic. so they scared me the most. except for one occasion when a huge schizo Polynesian guy was freaking out and wrecking the place. i was delusional and paranoid so i thought he was angry at me and not just generally schitzing it.
>>
>>29209891
try to kill yourself multiple times in a short amount of time (<2 months), with each attempt being progressively more "serious", you'll be there for a long time. That's how it happened to me
>>
>>29209888

a man can dream, at least.
>>
>>29209891
You go to a counselor and tell them you're feeling suicidal, call a crisis line, or just fucking call 911, and say that you feel unsafe because of suicidal ideation, and they'll take you to an ER and forward you to a hospital as long as you repeatedly say you're suicidal, and would feel unsafe in the outside world. 95%+ of the people at these places are voluntary, and it's retarded to do an intentionally failed suicide attempt just to go when you could just fucking walk through the doors.
>>
>>29209907
from nicest to shittiest

introvert schizo > extrovert alcoholic > introvert bipolar > introvert alcoholic > extrovert schizo > extrovert bipolar > introvert/extrovert hard drugs
>>
>>29209482
>tfw watching my manic pixie dream girl go to rehab and wondering how long it will take before the inevitable relapse/suicide
>>
>>29210000
What made the hard drug users seem so shitty to you? I was one of those guys and I never had problems with anyone. Some of the extroverted addicts were assholes, but not all of them by any means, and the introverted ones never really were. The schizo's were usually bigger assholes than the junkies.
>>
>>29200492
You sound like a complete faggot. Bragging about what any idiot could and should have figured out by the first day is stupid. You are what is wrong.
You are the problem. You're the reason they keep pushing your discharge date, you're the reason they take away smoke breaks.
You know how they talk about that guy? "Don't be that guy?"

You're him and anyone can tell.

t. another prior service who was admitted
>>
>>29210093
>tfw a girl sprints out through the cafeteria and we don't get to go outside
>>
>>29210025
ALL of them ransacked other people's rooms whenever they could, delusionally looking for their drugs

they also turned to tabacco during their stay and didn't give a fuck about smoking when others were around, much less doing it in closed spaces

literally scum of the earth subhumans
>>
This thread is half cringey liars and half cringey gullible idiots.

Delete this.
>>
>>29210129
What do you think is lies? Do you think crazy shit doesn't happen at the places were society collectively dumps the crazy people?
>>29210116
That never happened where I went. We couldn't smoke, and the question of doing inside wasn't even on the table. No one ransacked each others rooms because we weren't allowed in each others rooms. The only people who I know of who did were banging. It sounds like your unit was run terribly.
>>
>>29210110

when i was there an athletic, psychotic black guy made it over one of the outside courtyard walls and escaped. they caught him a few days later.
>>
>>29210201
There was that one point where, on the way to our locked courtyard, there was just one door between the hospital and the outside world. It was honestly easy as shit to escape through there, but getting outside of the hospital grounds was practically impossible because of the security guards.
>>
>>29210129

i can personally guarantee every post in this thread is the gods honest truth

original brought to you be super cereal
>>
>>29210129
When I was locked up, there was a girl who shouted BIRD! at the top of her voice whenever she saw one flying outside (at least until her meds started working), who told people they weren't who they said (one time after one guy asked what his real name was, she simply said "Douchebag". He was a douchebag too.) I had a black woman ask me what my IQ was, tell me I was very smart without me actually responding, then going around asking everyone else's IQ, and eventually getting furious and hurling her breakfast tray at the table. I had a girl ask me if she could attack me so she'd get sedatives like 5 fucking times, and she meant it. I nearly got in a fist fight with this borderline asshole because we were both whiteknighting these two girls. The girl he was whiteknighting now likes me more than him even though they practically fucked, and still wants to hang out and smoke. I saw a woman repeatedly talking to people who simply weren't true. I saw a big black guy who was usually, as he accurately described, a gentle giant, absolutely lose his shit just because some guy on the other side of the fence looked at him, and spent 5 minutes screaming at them before one of the mental health workers calmed him down. I met a guy with the same name as me who was obsessed with a girl with the same name as I had been and had attended a college which is one of the few like the place I went, and had extremely similar issues as me on many levels. All that shit is real, none of it is lies, and I'm probably not even remembering half of the crazier stuff.
>>
>>29209482
what hospital and how many months ago?
>>
>>29202710
>>Figure it'll be okay to just leave it. Nobody will find it.
>>Youstupidnigger.jpg

laughing my tits off
>>
>>29210876

concord hospital in sydney, australia. 4 years ago. why?
>>
>>29210943
Totally unrelated to your exchange, but has anyone here ever been to the Brattleboro Retreat?
>>
>tfw not meeting your qt BPD girlfriend and opiate connect in a psych ward
>>
All these niggas here for suicide... I thought there would be more psychosis patients. I should have been sent to the asylum last year after I "fried my brain with research chemicals", but instead my parents watched me. I only randomly attacked an innocent person because voices in my head told me to twice! Sweet ssweet olanzapine
>>
>>29211078
>Sweet ssweet olanzapine

tasty meds.
>>
Does anyone here hallucinate pepes, feelin sad guys, or any other meme? After I browse 4chan for a dew hours, I start seeing all sorts of magic memes. The most common is the word cuck, I see it floating above people heads, whispered in my ear and I even have dreams about the word.
>>29211144
It so fucking amazing what a lil anti-psychotic can do for you. I went from a wack-job who was a psudeo-homeless, talkin to myself, weeaboo to disgraced wizard in one week!
>>
>>29210984
I FUCKING LOVE PSYCH WARD BPD JUNKIES! Sorry, but it's true. This one girl was just absolutely intoxicating, to the point where when we realized she robbed me in a deal like a year ago, we just laughed about it. And she sort of latched on to me, I'm assuming just as part of a defense mechanism. Every single group and meal she sat next to me. One time the seats next to me were taken, so she just sat on the floor right by my feet, and when someone offered her a chair, she politely declined. The morning she left, she found out she had HIV, and me and another guy managed to calm her down a bit. She hugged me once during that calming down period, again to say goodbye, and then she walked into a room where me and some other people were sitting to say goodbye to them, and hugged me again. Those were the nicest hugs I've ever had. I hope she didn't relapse, but I'm sure she did.
>>29211078
Half the psychosis people who I met where so fucked because of RC's or similar stuff. One girl from spice, one because of 'bath salts', another from fucking 60x salvia extract.
>>
>>29211269
If you want to use the same mind melting recepe I used here it is:
>Weed + Alcohol + Ritalin + Xanax + 25iNbONE

I thought I was jesus christ reborn for 3 months after the trip, then I realized that a cabal of witches were reading my mind, seeking to annihilate my life. Mind reading and future sight sound cool but in reality they are shit
>>
>>29211326
I think all I would need would be to get strung out on benzo's the way I do, take any kind of psychedelic, then smoke some spice.
>>
>>29199663
>only lesson I learned was never get caught just fucking do it.

Really hit the nail on the head with that one, Anon.
>>
>>29199663
No half measures, robot.

Seriously though. If you're going to attempt suicide, you need to make sure the margin of error is low enough you can be convinced that it will succeed. That means either using a gun or doing it in a location where you know for a fact no one will find you before the act is complete.
>>
What sort of questions does the psychiatrist ask you when you're getting evaluated?
>>
>>29211629
questions about stress, your mood, your ability to concentrate on something, how you're feeling in general, when you think should be the time for you to leave
>>
>>29211629
If they ask if you are having suicidal thoughts, always say "yes, frequently"
>>
>>29199466
Not bad really. Its really easy to talk to everyone at least in the teenage ward. Adults get put in a different ward. The REAL crazys get put in another area that's locked down. There are more girls than guys and they put us all together for everything but our rooms. They had some silly group activities during the day and at 6pm they put on movies, I remember watching Star Trek and Salt. The girls would sneak in drugs and I remember this cause the guys did coke at night and would not fucking stop sniffing.

Honestly it was a vacation for me since I was actually normal and I got to see a fine ass guy change in front of me so i'm not even mad about it.
>>
>>29211946
I went to a similar place before, but it was only boys, and we had to shower together and when I finally had to shower they basically assaulted me but as soon as they saw my dick, one kid ran around yelling "HE GOT A NIGGER DICK" and I was forever known as that kid with a nigger dick. Every time I new person came to the place I had to chase em around with my dick flopping out as a rite of passage
>>
im under the impression every psych ward has internet access. Otherwise, where else would all of /r9k/'s content come from?
>>
>>29212153
No psych ward has internet access. The idea of psych ward is usually stabilization, sometimes therapy. That means no contact with the outside world besides your friends and family.
>>
>>29212284
That's not true. The hospital I was in had a few computers in the library with Internet access (with restrictions) but you had to be a level 5 to use them.
>>
>>29212358
Well shit, I stand corrected

What country though?
>>
File: 1gd7sfj8xkxs.png (22 KB, 124x56) Image search: [Google]
1gd7sfj8xkxs.png
22 KB, 124x56
>>29208065
Not that guy, but I mean... elevators are still called elevators when they're going down.
>>
My parents stuck me in one when I was a teenager. Wasn't anything wrong with me bar some light anxiety and maybe anger issues if you're pushing it. This is just what rich people do with their "troubled teens". Found some pot in my room and I got a tattoo and that was enough for them. I was in there for about nine months.

I have mixed feelings about it. Of course it was annoying not to have the "comforts of home", and in the beginning you're monitored in the showers and stuff and they check on you in your room every half hour and it wakes you up every time. And therapy was a waste of time because I didn't really have anything to say, but you can't move up in your privilege levels if it looks like you're holding back intentionally.

But then it was also pretty interesting and gossip is my guilty pleasure so group therapy was good for that. I also met my boyfriend in there so that's another good thing. Thought I was s 100% straight when I was admitted. Take that mom and dad.
>>
>>29212506
> Wasn't anything wrong with me bar some light anxiety and maybe anger issues if you're pushing it
>NINE FUCKING MONTHS

Yeah, you might be delusional
>>
>>29212634
Or they're lying anon, that's probably more likely. Half this thread just reads like people telling stories anyway, which is cool, don't get me wrong, but it's not to be taken as serious recollections of being in mental wards.
>>
>>29212447
how many of you psychos here have ACTUALLY had sex with a ghost. I can safely say that I got some ghost pussy

>>29212745
If you've ever actually been to one of these places, their pretty insane
>>
did anyone else get super comfortable with doing nothing while you were in the ward? like i could sit on the couch staring at the wall for hours and never get even a little bored. i stay that way for like a week after discharge. pretty cool feeling.
>>
>>29212960
Sometimes freedom is overrated
>>
>>29212893
I've been in and out of three different inpatient wards, and no, they're not. 99% of the time it's just sitting around bored waiting for the next meal, because you're not allowed to do anything in there, and the people around you aren't exactly stimulating conversation, because they're either psychotic and don't make much sense, or depressed and don't want to talk to you. Maybe once a month does anything interesting happen, because any trouble patients are generally caught in the in between holding wards they have so people aren't sitting in emergency waiting for beds, and sent to higher security areas.

People write about these wards like it's some sitcom, when in reality it's the exact same as any other medical ward. No-one says being in a normal ward is fun because sometimes someone gets critically sick and needs to be stabilised, do they? It's the same here.
>>
Anyone else go to McLean's? I was in Easthouse 2.
>>
>>29213035
Not him but

>People write about these wards like it's some sitcom

Greentext can make it seem that way, because you would only tell the actual stories from your time in there

But it's like you said, it's not as crazy as people think
>>
>>29213035
i meant crazy because all the people there are crazy...
>>
>>29213174
>Greentext can make it seem that way, because you would only tell the actual stories from your time in there

True, but when you neglect to say it's mostly boring and just list stories that are nearly definitely made up anyway (because nothing happens in those wards, seriously, anyone loses it and they're dealt with extremely quickly) it starts to read more like a script than you recalling an experience.

There's nothing wrong with this, as I said, I mean, stories about "Yeah it was really dull and I got meds and then let out" aren't interesting, and even the outbursts are less interesting if it's "Someone lost it and then a nurse talked to them in an isolation room for an hour or they got sedated within a minute of going off" isn't as interesting as them getting wrestled down and fighting nurses after an hour of wacky going ons in the ward. I just think it's dumb to pretend that most of these stories are real.
>>
>>29213285
No you didn't, come on. That makes absolutely no sense in the context of replying to what I said.
>>
>>29213312
>If you've ever actually been to one of these places, their pretty """""""insane ""
>>
>>29213360
Yes, that makes no sense. I claimed that the stories are obviously made up. You replying "People in psychiatric wards have psychiatric disorders" is just irrelevant and makes no sense.
>>
>>29213288
Yeah I see what you mean.

For example the Roadmarks guy doesn't even sound remotely legit
>>
2 weeks 15yo

I didn't eat anything because i shat burning green oil from my asshole for 4 days due to anxiety. Truly the most tormenting days of my life.
>>
>>29213456
oh and there were 3 jolly giants with retard strength, the kind that have reddit looking assistants watching everything they do incase of chimpout.

Unfortunately I stepped on ones foot and he stabbed me with a fork.
>>
>>29213449
He's probably the main example of what I was saying, yeah. Good story, but it's clearly just that, nothing about what he's describing sounds anything like a mental ward, more like some weird combination of a prison and a hospital.
>>
>>29199466
5 mental hospitals stays
longested was 32 days
>>
>>29213570
Also, why do any threads related to mental illness on any forum have a tendency to turn into bragging wars? People lie about experiences in wards, self diagnose with illnesses, lie about symptoms, all sorts of stupid shit, I just don't get it. We complain about the oppression olympics, but then act the exact same way here.
>>
>>29213772
r9k is full of children, like most of 4chan. how old are you 12
>>
Im currently organising to go into detox for opiate addiction but I'm just so filled with anxiety about the while thing, especially when I'm withdrawing obv.

Its a gov institution and I may not even get a room by myself which would be hell during wd's though they do offer meds (benzos and bupe/morphine) which is pretty cool.

This is with the AUS group DASSA, specifically in SA.

Anyone here have experience with this?
>>
>>29214101
I IV'd heroin on and off for a few years, but the longest I was addicted was 3 months straight (not that bad imo), my friend, who did it with me didn't quit cold turkey he went on methadone and hes still addicted years later.

With dope, its like waiting to take a huge shit, the longer you wait the worse its going to be.
As for benzos those might be cool at first but xanax withdraws are worse you know
>>
>>29213772
Kinda answered your own question I think, it's for bragging rights or attention
>>
It's not that bad after you've been there for awhile and given privileges. You just hang out with other crazies and smoke cigarettes in front of the hospital all day. Well, once an hour.
>>
>>29201402
>they claim it's a mental illness, so you're ableist for not laying yourself out to be used and discarded by those fucks
It's true though, you have to let me yell at and manipulate you and it's rude to get angry back.

t. borderline
>>
>>29214190
Good job getting clean, its fucking hard man. And theres a reason they call methadone liquid handcuffs haha.

Yeah Ive been IV'ing H for the last 8 months man, ran out of money last week, even stole from my parents for one last hit, but I've been getting by with PST and Tramadol. Been using opiates for 2 years in total though.

I sort of want to go in just to kill time, meet some people and get some therapy but at the same time I don't want to be surrounded by degenerates though if they load me up on enough benzos I probably won't care.

I've heard about benzos wd's and how horrific the are. I use them quite a bit, even daily for months, but haven't experienced full wd's from them yet.
>>
>>29214397
ya done goofed buddy

maybe an ayahuasca shaman can cure you with voodoo. i heard you are most likely to die, after you quit and you go back for another, not trying to be negative but dont die yourself
>>
>>29214218
But why do they feel like there's anything to gain by bragging about that? Surely people aren't that pathetic they'd fake having illnesses that ruin peoples lives for the fleeting attention of some random people online alone?

Any why not at least fucking research what you're faking first?
>>
>>29215357
Some people think, "i'm bipolar" and it gives them an explanation for everything wrong, so they take it really hard to their identity
>>
Not me, but;

>friend tries to kill herself
>fails miserably because she puked the pills back up within 30 minutes
>gets thrown in the psyche ward
>they take her phone away
>she has no contact with the outside world, nothing she can do to get it - she's effectively a captive prisoner against her will
>all she can do is take whatever pills the nurses give her and tell them answers they want to hear
>they keep her there for almost an entire month
>she gets out, literally nothing about her has changed, still hates her life and wants to die
>>
>>29212383
I'm in the US, and we had a computer, but it had extremely restricted access. Basically for the most part you could only use it to look at schools or rehabs.
>>
>>29212506
There's no way an actual psych ward would keep you for nine months without you having any real problems. They need those beds for people who actually need them. Was it an actual psychiatric hospital, or some kind of other private treatment facility?
>>
Not been warded senpai, but I just put a hole in the wall with my head.
>>
>>29213035
>and the people around you aren't exactly stimulating conversation
I found the opposite to be true at many times. Psychotic people can be fun to talk to, and the bipolar people and drug addicts we're often up for conversation when they're up. Yes it was boring a lot of the time, but a lot of the times it wasn't. I will say that at times it was like some kind of sitcom, or things got (melo)dramatic enough to actually be interesting.
>>29213288
Every single story I've listed has been true. None of them have been the craziest ones in this thread, but some really funny/interesting shit happens in there. And yes, again, I will admit it is boring a lot of the time. But it sometimes is.
>>
>>29213772
I want you to directly say which stories here you think are lies. Some of them probably are, but I'm sure a lot of them aren't.
>>29214101
>morphine and benzo's for detox
You lucky motherfucker.
>>
I hope Eliza's getting better. I wish I could help her.
>>
>>29215524
That makes the most sense I've seen so far, thanks anon.

>>29215956
>Psychotic people can be fun to talk to

This is just proof you've never spoken to a psychotic person. They really can't hold a conversation.

>I will say that at times it was like some kind of sitcom, or things got (melo)dramatic enough to actually be interesting.

Fuck off.

>>29215992
I'm not going to quote every post that's clearly bullshit in a thread that's almost 250 posts long mate, that's a completely unreasonable thing to ask.

And I'm not saying every single post is bullshit, I never once have, just that a lot are.
>>
>>29205626
I was sectioned and spent two months in a male-only ward in northern England for repeatedly making plans to commit suicide i.e. buying helium and paraphernalia. The other patients were mostly calm and quiet. The staff were pleasant and as caring as you could expect them to be. The food was nice. The building was clean and soulless, horrible architecture. Transient and modern with windows put around randomly for character and you see that a lot like in new libraries in poor towns. An activities woman sometimes played scrabble or dominoes with you if it was your turn. Sometimes we went out on walks around the grounds (other wards, car parks, intentionally asymmetrical gravel gardens and a large drained pond) or the local area. A council estate then a path between a screaming motorway and a decrepit farm. The field had two little ponies and a mound of burnt tyres and some patients liked to stop and feed the ponies grass at the fence.
>>
>>29215898
It was an actual psychiatric hospital but it was a private (and really expensive) facility. They'll basically keep you there for as long as you can pay for it. Basically my parents weren't happy with my "progress" so they just kept paying the bills and the doctors can't do anything about it.

My boyfriend had been there since he was 11 because his parents didn't want to deal with his early onset schizophrenia, and then after he turned 18 they filed for conservatorship (I think is the word?) to keep him there. I'd been told by a few staff members that if he'd been able to go home once they'd sorted his medication and kept him under observation for a while he would have been perfectly capable of leading a regular life. It's really messed up.
>>
>>29216202
They can't hold a conversation, but it can be fun to try to decipher their ramblings sometimes.

And I still think you're incorrect about the amount of stories here which are bullshit. Without posts, what elements of this thread do you think are untrue?

>>29216407
Sounds like a totally bullshit facility. In "wilderness camp" tier.
>>
File: 1421694837369.jpg (360 KB, 581x700) Image search: [Google]
1421694837369.jpg
360 KB, 581x700
>>29207865
There is no difference. In some countries you're better off in prison that the psych ward though.
>>
>>29216465
See >>29213288 and >>29213035
The way people write about wards like it's from girl interrupted or some similarly shitty representation of them from hollywood is what makes me think they're untrue, to put it simply. No-one ever writes about their stay in any other part of a hospital this way, despite all wards having about the same amount of drama, and it being about as exciting in nearly every case. They put it like they're surrounded by weird and wacky characters instead of deeply unwell people who're usually just sitting quietly on their own, or sitting quietly in groups.
>>
>>29216531
I'm not denying the boredom. But I've also experienced the crazy shit, with characters who are weird and wacky, sometimes on the very basis of them being deeply unwell. Why dwell on the boredom? What is the value in that? What does it accomplish to say "Yeah, I was usually bored" when you could pick out those few perfect moments when you laughed your ass off or actually got a spark of feeling something? I think those stories have much more value.
>>
I like going to them because I am alone.

Its nice being around a bunch of people, interesting people. I like listening to their stories, giving them advice. Makes me feel almost human...

Please help me, Anon.
>>
I went to three different psych wards in succession. Spent a couple weeks at the first, a couple days at the second, and several weeks at the last. Have a couple of stories but the experience as a whole was nightmarish. I was in for bipolar mania, homicidal ideation from OCD and necrophilia. I was treated worse than an animal regardless of the unit that I went to, medicated up to my eyeballs, forced to be around other people even when I was a threat to others, and ultimately had to fake getting better to get out.

I've told myself that if it ever comes down to me being hospitalized again I'll kill myself before it can happen.
>>
>>29216736
Because weird and wacky characters don't exist in wards, that's my entire point. Flagrantly psychotic people are either in higher security wards, or medicated to the eyeballs so they aren't that way. Manic people are particularly sedated, and this is on purpose, as they're not safe for group situations otherwise.

The rest are just depressed people, who aren't funny and wacky and engaging in antics with the nurses.

My entire point is that these stories are unrealistic. They're not in keeping with the functioning of a psychiatric unit, where the worse patients that could be out of control have 1:1 nurse ratio, as in someone's near them all the time, and even the rest are all kept in eyesight at all times. There is literally no situation in which someone can go crazy at anything around other patients for longer than a minute or so, less if they're being violent or aggressive.

If you're looking for the most obvious example of what I'm saying, look at that Roadmarks posters stories.
>>
>>29216745
This is an element of it too. I'm honestly a more functional human being when I'm locked up, and I can actually handle being social there, sometimes even well. People like me every time I go there, and I'm fairly certain they're not just pretending. And I liked them too.
>>
>>29211326
anon im a psychward patient and a junkie but they were unrelated to each other.
>>
my cousin was a muscle maid for the longest time...he quit abruptly and a few months later hung himself. I remembered him describing it as a pretty fucked up place
>>
>>29216931
We've clearly been to very different wards. Where I went, people in less extreme states of psychosis (well, not true psychosis, but on the edge of psychosis with some connection to reality) were allowed to wander around and interact with people if they wanted, as long as they had someone watching them. And obviously they were medicated, but in my experience they were generally only medicated to the point of having some functionality, not enough to destroy their personalities.

And your point about mania is completely disregarding the fact that it exists on a spectrum. At the facility I went to, I saw few manic people who were sedated past the point of a relatively normal energy level.

You're completely ignoring people who come in for detox, who can be plenty entertaining at times, but your facility must have just simply not done that.

I also think that it's possible for depressed individuals, while not extremely wacky, can be funny if they want to, and gallows humor abounds. Again, at least where I went.

Looking at that story, I will not at all contest that it very well could be fake. I suppose a lot of this exchange may be coming from my failure to understand what exactly you were referring to. I guess I am mainly talking about the stories which are less extreme, and therefor easily within the realm of reality. I personally find many of those still funny.
>>
>>29216956
>mentally ill drug addict
>insisting that mental illness and addiction don't interact with each other on almost every level
Why?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.