[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with heart palpitations/anxiety/stress/panic attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: Panic-Attack.jpg (521 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
Panic-Attack.jpg
521 KB, 900x719
A panic attack is an adrenaline rush and an excess of norepinephrine neurotransmitters in the brain.

For most people, you only need to take magnesium, zinc and vitamin d3 to feel better.
(Protip: 75% of people are deficient in all these)

Simply getting off the computer and walking will make the symptoms go away.

For when the panic attack is over:
Food: Bananas, oats, spinach, chicken, coconut products, gatorade (conserve it), limiting food/protein intake to what you need
Exercise: Walking daily, going to gym, talking/typing to people/listening to music (dopamine increase), anything that doesn't involve jerking off (norepinephrine rush) or sitting on your ass

If you're so much of a fuckup that you would rather waste countless hours having a panic attack instead of an hour of exercise and eating properly, then it's time to see a psychiatrist and get put on benzos to mask the problem.
>>
>>24331082
implying i have money for those foods
implying i have money to see a psychiatrist
>>
Jesus christ I wish my panic attacks were that easy to deal with. I get a panic attack and I have to run to the bathroom to deal with the nausea.

I have specific foods set up to deal with this already, at pretty much every stage of anxiety and I have systems in place to handle it. I carry puke bags around in my bag that I got from an ER last time I was there.

I'd recommend against the OP post's suggestion of gatorade (it's basically sugar water). My doctor has always suggested keeping protein up by eating nuts when I'm anxious, though I'm not sure why that is chemically.

But yes, when I'm not freaking out, exercise really is important. I do a lot better on days when I have done more active things. Gardening has been so helpful to me.
>>
File: 13489570.jpg (9 KB, 240x286) Image search: [Google]
13489570.jpg
9 KB, 240x286
>>24331082
last time I got a panic attack I hadn't eaten for like two weeks tho

psychiatrist? food? exercise? are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>24331165
Nuts are high in magnesium and good fat.
>>
>>24331165
>I wish my panic attacks were that easy to deal with.

It is "that easy."

>I do a lot better on days when I have done more active things.

You've said it yourself breh. If exercise were "that easy" for us, we wouldn't be here.
>>
>>24331233
>If exercise were "that easy" for us, we wouldn't be here.

just bee urself breh...
>>
File: 1447641406266.jpg (27 KB, 419x304) Image search: [Google]
1447641406266.jpg
27 KB, 419x304
>>24331275
just get off the fucking computer
>>
I didnt know jerking off contributed to panic attacks, maybe these no fap guys are on to something
>>
>>24331096
Magnesium and zinc are both dirt cheap. You only need D3 during the winter.

But keep on crying more manbaby.
>>
>>24331343
It might be different for me because I am female and that may be medically relevant so I don't want to accidentally mislead you with my information but my doctor generally advised masturbation unless I was already feeling really non-anxious and having a good day already and essentially told me not to do it to kill time.
>>
>>24331343
Yup. Norepinephrine (and adrenaline) is released during orgasm and is the same chemical that causes you to wake up n the morning. Lowering norepinephrine takes a full commitment so you can enjoy high-norepinephrine things like say, sitting on your ass or masturbating.

Get ready for tl;dr:

Masturbation and orgasms deplete the brain and spinal fluids of acetylcholine dopamine and serotonin

The Science & Aftermath of Sexual Exhaustion - How excessive ejaculation causes damaging chemical changes

Masturbation and orgasms deplete the brain and spinal fluids of acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Also diminished are hormones such as hGH, DHEA, testosterone, thyroxine (T4) and Triiodothyronine (T3), all neurotransmitters that are responsible for human functioning. All very important when it comes to sex. This deficiency melts the brain's acetylcholine/parasympathetic, dopamine and serotonin nervous functions along with the endocrine functions. The damage results in symptoms of bladder and prostate problems; frequent urination, incontinency, semen leakage, enlarged prostate, etc...

People also experience hair loss as a result of masturbating way too frequently and they have no idea why. Young men especially wonder why they are losing hair. The answer lays in the imbalances of the body's nutrients and hormones that over-masturbation produces. Over-conversion of testosterone into DHT leads to excessive DHT binding to the root of hair cells, blocking them from growing and cutting off supplies of nutrients and proteins, causing the hair to become thin and eventually stop growing altogether.
>>
Frequent ejaculation also depletes the body of serotonin, causing an imbalance of it and melatonin. Melatonin is the chemical that controls your biological clock and tells you when to sleep and when to get sleepy. Serotonin, on the other hand, is responsible for fighting stress and anxiety as well as focus and concentration. It gets turned into melatonin for sleep and recharging. People who over-masturbate tend to experience a lack of concentration and fatigue. This is a direct result of depleting their bodies of serotonin.
Some people are clueless, and don't understand that physical pain is usually an indication that something is wrong. If ejaculating hurts_stop doing it! Frequent ejaculations deplete your body of prostaglandin E-1, and until the body can reproduce sufficient amounts of the nutrient, there will be pain and soreness after ejaculating. Allowing the body to recover before ejaculating again is the first necessary step.

People also complain of pain in the prostate (which is due to an enlargement of the gland that causes restriction of urine flow and contributes to incontinency) after ejaculation. I tell them that their PSA levels have been elevated too high and won't return to normal for at least a day or so. This is why the prostate is swollen and should be given time to rest before ejaculating again.
http://www.herballove.com/articles/science-aftermath-sexual-exhaustion-how-excessive-ejaculation-causes-damaging-chemical
>>
One problem with the circuitry is the use of norepinephrine as a signal. Norepinephrine has multiple systemic actions aside from sexual function. It is the primary signal for stress (thus sex itself can be considered a stressful, though enjoyable activity). Norepinephrine also triggers energy on demand. It increases thermogenesis. It can lead to changes in thyroid function - up or down. It can lead to insulin resistance, increasing the need for insulin production. It can change renal function, leading to the loss of zinc, iodine and other minerals. It can activate immune system pro-inflammatory signaling. Etc.

If there are underlying problems which already increase stress or demand for norepinephrine signaling, then the sum of these and additional sexual activity can increase norepinephrine signaling excessively leading to the problems one can experience with sexual exhaustion. Some of the changes can lead to positive feedback signaling loops which are self-perpetuating - resulting in a prolonged illness, if triggered. Some of the positive feedback loops prolong sympathetic nervous system, i.e. norepinephrine, signaling. Some changes can result in nutrient deficiencies which cause prolonged dysfunction if not addressed.
In briefly reviewing the symptoms listed on the internet for over-masturbation or sexual exhaustion syndrome, I found the following:

anxiety depression insomnia lack of energy impaired memory mood swings loss of libido erectile dysfunction headaches body pain blurred vision flushed face constipation frequent urination dizziness palpitations hair loss
Note that these symptoms indicate a systemic problem. Generally, the systems involved include the nervous system, endocrine system, immune system, metabolism and nutrition.
Some simple associations between function and a few of the signals or nutrients that are most often affected are as follows:
>>
Anxiety: norepinephrine, serotonin, cortisol, CRH, thyroid, dopamine, testosterone, progesterone, etc.
Depression: dopamine, inflammatory cytokines, iron, Vitamin A, B-vitamins, vitamin D, testosterone, etc.
Insomnia: norepinephrine, thyroid, cortisol, iron, etc.
Lack of energy: thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, norepinephrine, cortisol, insulin, iron, vitamin A, B-vitamins, salt-intake, etc.
Impaired memory: dopamine, norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, B-vitamins, Vitamin A, etc.
Mood swings: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, cortisol, testosterone, estradiol, thyroid, iron, Vitamin A, B-vitamins, protein intake, etc.
Loss of libido: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, testosterone, estrogens, thyroid, cortisol, iron, zinc,
Headaches: inflammatory cytokines, norepinephrine, cortisol, etc.
Body pain: inflammatory cytokines, norepinephrine, cortisol, thyroid, iron, aldosterone, etc.
Blurred vision: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, iron, etc.
Flushed face: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, iron, etc.
Constipation: thyroid, norepinephrine, etc.
Frequent urination: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, iron, etc.
Dizziness: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, aldosterone, cortisol, nitric oxide, salt-intake, etc.
Palpitations: norepinephrine, inflammatory cytokines, cortisol, etc.
Hair loss: norepinephrine, thyroid, inflammatory cytokines, testosterone, estradiol, DHT, DHEA, zinc, biotin, etc.

Here's a link about supplements that can influence various neurotransmitters: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vandrich1.htm
You generally want to take ZMA, D3 and some anti-norepinephrine supplement after orgasm. This speeds up the recovery process.
I do NOT recommend psychiatric drugs if you're willing to actually help yourself

Explanation of neurotransmitters: http://www.drjoecarver.com/clients/49355/File/Chemical%20Imbalance.html
>>
>>24331416
It more applies to people who already orgasm 4+ times a day, the norepinephrine spikes would eventually catch up with you.
>>
File: 1446963023257.jpg (30 KB, 403x497) Image search: [Google]
1446963023257.jpg
30 KB, 403x497
Memes are proven to lower norepinephrine
>>
I have ADHD-PI not (that much) anxiety, how would I increase cortical norepinephrine?
>>
File: 1446290970939.jpg (10 KB, 261x179) Image search: [Google]
1446290970939.jpg
10 KB, 261x179
>>24331420
>>24331437
>>24331453
>>24331469

my god *cringe*

ty for making this thread its always nice to know that there are bigger faggots than myself out there.
>>
File: 01.png (206 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
01.png
206 KB, 500x378
>>24331983
I'll be right happy to.
>>
1. You check for mineral deficiency such as magnesium, potassium, and zinc
2. You stop worrying about useless thing.
3. When people around you are tormenting you with negative feeling, You defuse them.
4. You kick out of your life negative people around you and you don't take their shit.
5. Important: Take nothing from no one.
6. Man up and stop whining.
>>
If nutritional deficiencies were the cause of panic attacks, wouldn't you get them randomly?

Magnesium was the first thing my doc prescribed me when I started being anxious and it did jack shit. Exercising regularly + meditation do help a lot but it doesn't get rid of panic attacks.
>>
>>24332364
JUST STOP WORRYING BRO
>>
>>24332385
>just relax

I am calm
>>
>>24331082
How fucking retarded are you OP?
>>
Eating only *whole* foods seems to have stopped mine. I've only had one severe one since then, after eating brown rice for breakfast while extremely hungry. That's no longer a breakfast food for me.
>>
File: 1447286757851.jpg (49 KB, 634x418) Image search: [Google]
1447286757851.jpg
49 KB, 634x418
Just relax

it's not hard anon

Reelllllllllaaaaxxxxxxxxx lmao
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.