[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just started taking Prozac, anyone had any experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 15552.jpg (100 KB, 547x409) Image search: [Google]
15552.jpg
100 KB, 547x409
I've just started taking Prozac, anyone had any experience with it? What does it do?

Also general pills thread.
>>
I'm on them for half a year now. 30mg/day.
When I started out I was sick and without appetite for the first two weeks or so (I was only having 10mg/day as a starting dose)
But after two weeks all the side effects went away. 20mg/day was helping me feel less intensive sadness, but didn't quite do it for me. I switched to a higher dose after consulting my psychiatrist. 30mg/day now. I am less likely to end up in negative loops, a little more motivated. It isn't some kind of magic trick, it just sorta lowers the bar for me when trying to actively do something or deal with my emotions, which is nice. I'm considering upping my dose once again to see what else it can do for me.
I also have no problems consuming alcohol with Prozac, which is nice considering I'm in uni. I do need to watch out with painkillers though, you shouldn't take both prozac and ibuprofen/aspirin. Paracetamol is okay though.
I hope it helps for you!
>>
Paxil, abilify, and vyvanse here. Just started on abilify this week at 2mg doesn't do shit with this low a dose. 50mg of both paxil and vyvanse
>>
>>24329588
I used to take it. I had the worst fucking side effects at the start for like 3 weeks. I also felt like it didn't help me at all, it didn't do shit except for giving me side effects.

I eventually changed to Bupropion and everything was better instantly. No side effects, I wasn't as tired anymore, more motivated and energized.

Don't let that sway you though, ADs are really hit and miss for every individual, everyone reacts differently. If you feel like something doesn't help you after a few months, absolutely do fucking change to something else.
>>
>>24329588
yeah. gave me terrible headaches for the first few weeks and then they went away. Took it 30mg/day for a year and it didnt change anything.
>>
Prozac will make calcium deposits in and around the penial gland.
>>
>>24329980
Forgot to say, Bupropion has no effect on your libido or potency. I still cum like a fountain, up to 10 spurts.
>>
>>24329588

40 mg here, two years.

I honestly can't tell if they work or not. I guess you could say I'm better off because I'm not a fat shut-in anymore but I'm still depressed every day.
>>
>>24329588
Mirtazapine 45 mg, once a day before sleep.

I had two side effects at the first month. One was increased appetite and the other sleepiness. Those two went away after a month or so.

I was riddled with immense headaches that nearly made me kill myself. Before I started taking Miro I was in utter agony.

I've been on them for about a year now and honestly I'm glad I took them. The pain is more manageable.

I had severe agoraphobia and anxiety. After Miro both of those dramatically subsided.
>>
>>24329588
I don't want to make you feel anxious or anything, but prozac gave me permanent tinnitus that has now made my life hell on earth. If you don't know what that is, it's a constant ringing in your ears that makes it near impossible to sleep and much harder to hear. Awful headaches abound too.

If you notice any bad side effects get off it asap.
>>
>>24329588
Kip Kinkel shit.
>>
Had quite a few side-effects for the first few weeks, namely diarrhea and absolutely zero sex-drive. They're also used to treat eating disorders so expect to gain some weight.

Currently on 60mg/day, and can't remember when I last felt suicidal so I'd vouch for them. Still a NEET who rarely goes outside though.
>>
>>24330336

I'm >>24330149 and I agree that they do make you stop being suicidal. My mood went from "I hate myself and I want to die" to just "I hate myself but ok I guess."

Not to make you paranoid but there is a tiny percentage of people that it increases suicidal thoughts in.
>>
>>24330336
>to treat eating disorders so expect to gain some weight
What? No. Prozac is an SSRI that typically does NOT lead to weight gain, it actually lessens your appetite. It doesn't mean that weight gain can't happen, but it's much less likely than with other antidepressants.
>>
was on 40mg citalopram last year, and have started sertraline (now on 100mg) this year. haven't ever been on prozac (fluoxetine) but fair to say SSRIs will be similar.
It's not good shit. It's caused me to dissociate like mad, and generally have an "eh, fuck it" disregard for everything including my wellbeing.
>>
>>24330987
>"eh, fuck it" disregard for everything
That's a somewhat desired effect because it's supposed to help against anxiety too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.