[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how effective are anxiety meds? and how should I go about getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1465267509296.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1465267509296.jpg
139 KB, 1023x682
how effective are anxiety meds? and how should I go about getting them? do they have long term side effects? like liver failure or fry your brain?
>>
>How effective

Depends on the drug

>How should I go about getting them

Talk to a doctor and say you have bad enough anxiety you can't function. If that doesn't work just get some xanax from a dealer and take normal doses (1/4 a bar (4mg))

>Side effects

Depends
>>
Depends what you use.

Etizolam isn't terrible, but it made me itch like a motherfucker for some reason after like a year and a half of daily usee it gave me this odd little leg shake thing. Wasn't anything serious but it was a sort of weird subconscious tick.

Xanax is godlike but doctors don't like to prescribe it.

Zoloft is also ok-ish but it made me feel jumpy as fuck.

Kratom isn't commonly prescribed but works pretty well. Not something you should take on the daily though so it's not a great choice.

Also if you like it just a bowl of good old mary jane in the morning should help noramlize you.

Honestly just talk to your doctor first and see what he thinks. Sometimes getting more exercise, eating right, and just forcing yourself to be social can help you get over anxiety issues.
>>
>>29157865
Just realized I made an aspie little mistake. Kratom isn't prescribed, it's sort of a legal gray area in the US but you can buy it online and in certain headshops and herbal supply stores and the such.
>>
Why are you asking robot of all places
>>
>>29157889
not op but, robots are seriously fucked up people and I'm sure they aren't immune to anxiety
>>
Benzos are amazing. But good look getting them long term.

The SSRIs are garbage for anxiety. They do not work at all. But I guarantee you that will be what they give you. There's no reason to see a psychiatrist if you aren't psychotic or a danger to yourself or others.

Also antipsychotics are shit too, really terrible side effects so if you can live with the voices you probably should try.
>>
xanax/benzos work great but its only a band aid 5 hour to 10 hour solution that goes away and you get addicted very quick.
>>
>>29157865
mary jane? weed? I dont have access to it and I dont wanna be a druggie.
>Sometimes getting more exercise, eating right, and just forcing yourself to be social can help you get over anxiety issues.
I get physical reactions when I think about talking
>>
>>29157957
Wait so you want anxiety meds but, you wont smoke pot because you dont wanna be a druggy?
Almost all anxiety meds are addictive and will fuck you up much more than pot
>>
>>29157998
I guess, still weed is looked down upon and I still live with parents.
>have anxiety
>0 friends or acquaintances
>dude just get weed lol
you're being silly.
>>
>>29157957

Benzos are like 1000x worse than weed. That being said weed is not good for people with anxiety. Weed can only be enjoyed if your life is semi in order and you're content. I used weed to get off my benzo addiction.
>>
>>29158032
weed is super easy to find. you could probably go on like Craigslist if you're super socially retarded.

Try some things before meds though, meds aren't like good
>>
>>29158092
not american. I dont think there's a way for me to get it desu.
And try what? exercise and diet?
>>
>>29158136
Tons of exercise helps a lot of stuff, also doing things that occupy you
>>
File: 1463437755324.jpg (165 KB, 792x992) Image search: [Google]
1463437755324.jpg
165 KB, 792x992
>>29157906
I honestly think most doctors are retarded. Not in a non functional way but in a "110-115 iq textbox said this so it's the ultimate truth" way.

It's like they can't think outside the box and listen to what you have to say.

>Be me
>Lived in 3 cities
>Sleeping problems
>2 doctors prescribes mirzapin even though I said I've tried it from my first doctor and that it was too weak and specifically asked them to skip that tier
>Act as if I didn't say that next visit and ask for stronger stuff
>>
>>29157957
Like >>29158032 and >>29158086 said, all anxiety meds are all much further along the druggie scale than weed.

It's honestly very easy to hide from parents too, only real issue is the smell.

If you do ever decide to try it just buy some Glade plug-ins and a glass jar to hide it in. Protip: NEVER use just plastic bags or pill bottles, doesn't conceal it whatever.

As for not having access, i'm just going to assume you're in highschool here, look for those douchey fucking stoner kids and just see who they hang out with. They themselves are usually tools who'd sell you a bag of oregano for $60 but there's almost always one chill guy who won't fuck you over. Not trying to push it on you too much, but honestly it's a far, far, far better choice than scripts. Things'll turn you into a fucking zombie if you're not careful.
>>
>>29157748
Don't bother with Zoloft that shit does nothing
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.