[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just realized I haven't had any online friends since I stopped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: KKbgy7m.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
KKbgy7m.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
Just realized I haven't had any online friends since I stopped raiding in WoW back in 2009.
>>
I actually feel really self conscious about making online friends again. How can I go about it?

Back in WoW I was really high up in my guild, so it made getting online friends easy because they respected me.

It's been years since I've spoken to another person in online games. I just find it impossible to make new friends.

Is it just me, or is it how games are now days? IE: You don't need to be social.
>>
>tfw no good mmorpgs anymore
>tfw /r9k/ will never have an mmo guild to squash the normie scrubs
>>
>>29157650
>be me
>start playing GW2
>don`t want to play alone
>find a random male char
>thief ,looks cool and nice
>follow him everytime he comes on-line
>never say a word
>follow him for a month or so (NEET)
>he finally breaks the ice and we chat
>been playing with him daily for 475 days
>>
>>29157738
How can you play with the same person for that long?

I get sick of playing with the same people, they just start to annoy me.

I re-cycle my internet friends once every 12 months or so.
>>
>>29157606
that's pathetic lmao think of all the fun you could have had

>>29157650
maybe you're just shitty at games.
>>
I liked talking to the regulars on an /r9k/ minecraft server, but it died.
>>
>>29157948
I can't keep up with all the min-maxing these days.
>>
>>29157936
you are a shitty person
>>
even when i did raid on WoW everyday i didn't have online friends. those people weren't my friends and i never spoke to them outside of raids.
>>
>>29158080
You were always a low-tier member of the guild that barely said anything were you?

I was the same way until I managed to some how become an officer, then I suddenly was butt-buddies with the officers, raider leader and guild leader. Then I some how ended up being friends with them all outside of the game.
>>
>>29157669
pretty much this
i have wasted hundreds of dollars on games like arche-age and blade and soul looking for the next big mmo but the player base dies out within 2 months every time.
>>
>>29157606
Me too! Original high five!!!
>>
If any of you are Australian and aren't terrible human beings, I'll trial you for an online friend position.

You don't have to be good at games - just willing to learn and not a complete piece of shit.
>>
>>29158471
what do you play anon?
originality
>>
>>29158500
Anything, really. For the last couple of years I've played dota more than anything else. My favourite game was diablo 2 and I was best at that or sc2 wol.

I'm fucking awful at fps but that could be partially due to never playing them and playing everything with like 2000 dpi.
>>
>>29158648
im trying to get out of dota it just makes me so mad these days
>>
>became pretty close with a few guildies back in vanilla
>found them on facebook a few weeks ago
>one of them is going to med school, another just got married
feels nice knowing they are doing well
>>
I've never had any online friends.

Unless my step cousin counts but that's family.
>>
>>29158858
My guild leader back in Vanilla in 2004/2005/2006 was a literal 50 year old doctor.

He also had his wife and kids (in their 20s) in the guild as well.

I wonder what happened to this family, 10+ years on.
>>
>>29158827
Try and change your mindset. Try to be positive and focus on how you could improve, not concern yourself with how terrible your team mates are at the game and at being human beings. Accept that in some games you will learn very little.
That's how I started enjoying dota much more.

Honestly though if you're playing by yourself, team games are bad. Play a relatively balanced 1v1 game.
>>
i haven't had any online friends since i stopped playing online video games around 2005-2006ish.
>>
>>29159042
i have been playing dota since warcraft days i just cant do it anymore. i have been thinking about getting into sc2 but i just cant be bothered playing it.
>>
what's the best way to make friends online? I only play games on console since my computer can't run any games.
>>
>>29158384
>archeage
Fuck man, sorry for the blogpost but archeage was the comfiest time of my life, i was full neet staying up until 5 in the morning with my two best friends ever, feeling like shit from lack of sleep but grinding the shit out of tradepacks and coinpurses so i wouldnt be a P2W faggot. Fuck man those where the days, where did the time go?
>>
>>29159103
I enjoyed sc2 immensely when I was a neet shut in and could devote hours a day to improving. Balanced 1v1 high skill ceiling rts games are fantastic if you really want to spend time on them.
>>
>>29159211
i liked the idea behind archeage but the class system was a little bit too unbalanced, for all the combinations there were only a handful were viable.
also i miss the days of oldschool wow. private servers just arent the same and the new wow is just aids.
>>
>>29159285
yeah i think i could get into it but i also dont want to spend $55 on the new expand and drop it after a few hours
>>
File: 3imo1_500.jpg (340 KB, 490x579) Image search: [Google]
3imo1_500.jpg
340 KB, 490x579
>>29157738
do you still play can i play too ?
>>
>>29157606
same not wow but a different online game haven't had an internet friend since 2011
>>
File: wow.webm (582 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wow.webm
582 KB, 400x400
Would anyone want to start up a r9k guild or something on WoW?
>>
File: 1463767484372.jpg (33 KB, 477x593) Image search: [Google]
1463767484372.jpg
33 KB, 477x593
Who here /Kronos/?

>tfw only play with my 4 very good only friends and never by myself
>we run 1 tank heal 3 dps for all roles filled to clear instances
>quest together and help each other out with info on mobs/nodes locations and green drops and profession mats
>can beat anyone who fucks with us at our level in world pvp because we are full dungeon gear decked and we outnumber them
>comfy world explorations, dueling, and other foolery

We'll probably quit at 60 cuz /vg/ namefags run the few raiding guilds there are.

Normies wont shut the fuck up about MemeStallrius and pretend they want Legacy Servers but they wont actually play Vanilla because it wont hold their hand at every fucking turn like current wow.
>>
File: sad.jpg (39 KB, 683x673) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
39 KB, 683x673
Nostalrius was the best thing that has happened to me in the last couple of years. It kept me looking forward to getting home for a full year.
>>
>>29160397
Dropped the server 15 min in because of the australian ping everyone gets.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.