[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a poorfag, once a month I buy a lottery ticket. If I ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: powerball.png (509 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
powerball.png
509 KB, 492x479
I am a poorfag, once a month I buy a lottery ticket. If I ever win, I will go on a pilgrimage to Isla Vista. I will also specifically go to Girsh park where Elliot went in despair after realising he had lost the Powerball jackpot.

There is another anon here who frequently makes posts about him playing the lottery (using this same OP image) and I really enjoy those threads
>>
File: 1425567456334.png (1 MB, 942x624) Image search: [Google]
1425567456334.png
1 MB, 942x624
>>29145598

I bought my first Lottery ticket when I went out shopping with my mother one day. We stopped at Ralph's where I noticed the Lottery machine. I did not know anything about the Lottery, so I asked my mother about it. She told me how it works and taught me how to buy a ticket. Each ticket provides a very small chance of winning millions of dollars, and the jackpot could rise to the hundreds of millions. I could not believe it. I did not know such a thing existed! After buying my ticket, I felt thrilled with the prospect of having a chance to become a multi-millionaire. That ticket, of course, did not win. And neither would any of the tickets I buy after it, but they would give me hope.

I never thought nor cared about money before I turned 18, because I was still living like a child, with my parents handling the money and giving me the things I needed. However, the more older I grew, the more I realized how important money was, and the more obsessed I would become about getting rich. This obsession, which was barely taking root at the time, sparked a long relationship the Lottery that would only end in disappointment and despair.
>>
>>29145598

Lotteries are taxes on stupid.

Think of it this way. You are MUCH more likely to be struck by lightning while on your way to buy the lotto ticket. Yet no one ever expects that to happen. Why would the lotto be different?
>>
>>29147085

"Hope is a dangerous thing"
>>
>>29147085
I've ran computer simulations and it turns out that if you buy a lottery ticket every week, when you're out grocery shopping or something, then chances are that you will win the jackpot in your lifetime assuming you live the average life expectancy and begin at the legal age.
>>
File: 00943.jpg (78 KB, 793x595) Image search: [Google]
00943.jpg
78 KB, 793x595
>one ticket once a month
Gotta step up your game son
>>
>>29147375
gambler's fallacy. please don't be stupid.
>>
>>29147421
What are you talking about? That's not relevant to what was said.
>>
>>29147375
no you are not. if your odds are below 1/1,000,000 then then you won't shit in your life time.
>>
>>29147421
This is not gambler's fallacy since it talks about the probability of winning during one's lifetime. Gambler's fallacy is when you think that past events affect future outcomes; the poster's scenario didn't assume any prior events.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK