[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you guys live alone? All I want to do is live alone but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1391465146319.gif (167 KB, 446x700) Image search: [Google]
1391465146319.gif
167 KB, 446x700
Any of you guys live alone? All I want to do is live alone but my job doesn't pay well enough for it. I had an interview with a sales position the other day and I passed and I'm going to the induction tomorrow and they'll tell me whether I get it or not. This will help me achieve my dream of living alone.

How is it guys? Can somebody post a picture or two of their comfy apartments?
>>
I don't know if I'd survive living completely alone. Being around someone takes my mind off my own existence, routine and suffering. Video games don't do it for me anymore, anime doesn't do it for me either. I crave company.

Which is why I have roommates. Shame they're all away at the moment and I'm alone.
>>
Living big is overrated. I have the privilege to live in exactly the city centre, is a small studio with about 30 square meters. All in all, if's fun.

I first got used to living alone when I was 17 and my parents went away on business trips for a month each time. So now I'm kind of used to it.

I suppose you know the drill, search for a place, make an appointment, etc. Look for a normal landlord, who doesn't fuck over people, preferably look for already occupied studios with tenants who want to leave a month early, that way you csn even have a talk with them.

Secondly, do take pictures of all damage, if any, with the landlord. Alternatively you can just send them to him.

I clean my entire studio weekly, so I can attest to the fact that cleaniless is a blessing. Just keep everything (including above, behind and under furniture) visibly clean. No need to sterilise it or anything. I also wash what clothes I wore and my bedsheets weekly. (I don't exactly have many spares, like five outfits and two bedsheets plus pillow cases. One day I'll have seven of each, one per day!)

Also, small damage, like a nick on a white wall, is easily fixed with some filling paste. I keep my dads old toolboxes under my bed. Also managed to help out some neighbours that way.

If needed you can give the electricity, water and/or internet provider a call so they can switch the contract to your name.

PS. Sorry if you have a hard time reading, am on mobile and haven't slept in two days.
PSS. Also, get fit if you aren't already. Hardworking + living alone + fit = not caring about having to live frugally and it's a good way to be repspected and liked by people.
>>
Sales positions suck and are meat grinders for young people. Expect to last 2-3 months tops, that is if you can get into the culture of drugs and reckless spending that often accompanies it.
>>
>>29127880

What do I do with my life?
>>
>>29127928
Five-outfit-guy here.

Sales positions don't have to be hard, but they often are. It boils down to numbers. You get chewed out for not making enough sales. Do it again, and they fire you.

Where I live, there are lots of bars, chebab stores and bakers. Lots of loading and unloading to do during the early hours. It's fun for me because I also study. So it's a balance between mental and physical labour.

To answer your question, something. You figure it out. You get the sales position and save up BEFORE moving out. You get fired, you have money and experience. Repeat until you have a permanent job and a home.
>>
>>29127403
My parent is afraid of me and pays for me to have an efficiency since she cares too much for her own good. I'd post a picture but I don't have a good camera. My ideal situation is to start getting NEETbux and try to find another recluse willing to agree with my idea of buying a property somewhere together instead of renting a place like a economically illiterate dipshit. Not quite there yet.

I'd love to live alone in something like that picture though.
>>
bump for op

oringality
>>
>>29128508
neetbux here
section 8 or Housing choice voucher allows me to live with reduced rent. I had a roommate before and it was difficult to manage that kind of thing effectively.
Its nigh impossible to get on. Neetbux likely won't cover even a split rent either. Give up.
>>
File: Pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>29129675
Why is everything so difficult. Everything keeps getting more and more complicated and I just want to go back to being homeless for all the fucking effort I have to put in. I'll still look into it but that's not what I wanted to hear.
>>
File: k.jpg (13 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
13 KB, 215x234
>>29127403
Spent years with the
>>29127665
mindset, now I think I might finally be stable enough to live alone without going crazy. Like you, OP, I'm waiting on a promotion at my job (which my supes are telling me could happen within the year) to be able to afford a place. I'm commiefornia, but fortunately also rural, so the prices aren't San Francisco levels of cucking my shit up senpai.

Roommates are great at first, even if they're not friends they just made me feel less lonely. But after a while, for me they started to get on my nerves. It's pretty damn hard to find a socially competent chum who isn't a complete ass, because all the good roommates and pleasant human beings already have roommates or make enough money that they don't need or want to share their livingspace.

Also, I feel like at a certain income level, the social aspect of having roommates becomes negated, because your 'social' activities no longer limited by finances.By which I mean, there's no reason you can't go hang out at a bar or a restaurant or a park. You aren't constrained from going on weekend trips by an inability to pay for it. And with money, of course, it's also easier to find socialization because way more people (women, yes, but even men) find someone with wealth just more fun to hang out with than someone who's always saying "I can't really afford that," or "Can you cover me, I could barely pay rent this month."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.