[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a 25 year old robot who is only now finishing university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 23603371.jpg (50 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
23603371.jpg
50 KB, 500x365
I am a 25 year old robot who is only now finishing university getting my life on track from being a highschool loser, NEET, WoW addict, obese loser. I am currently no Chad, But I have now had myself 2 girlfriends since 23.

I would like to give some advice to those younger then me because there was some small things in my life which have caused big problems later as I aged which caused other problems to snowball.

Can others please give advice so younger robots can avoid making our same mistakes. Being alone, a loser and a NEET is a depressing miserable life that is not something you want to be stuck living.

>Get your drivers licence as soon as possible.
Depending on your city and country of course but this is very important. This gives you the ability to be an adult. You can go where you want and do what you want. I am 26 now and a lot of my friends STILL can't drive and they are still stuck with their moms driving them around. They have missed many job offers and other life experiences because they just can't go anywhere.
>Get your degree as soon as possible.
You might think that changing degrees, failing a couple classes or taking your time won't matter because you are young. But I assure you most of the time (I understand some exceptions and outliers) this will matter. You will be turned away once graduated for jobs due to age and you will be left behind others because you are still a student. Others around you will be earning money, buying homes and preparing for a career yet you are still basically a kid.
I am on the edge of experiencing this first hand. I am the last of my social group to graduate and they all have left me behind as an adult.
>Girls are over rated
The moment I had my first girlfriend I was very disappointed. They are just dead weight. Sex is alright but r9k hypes it up to much.
I was naive and devoted myself to this girl and everything in my life suffered because they will leech everything out of you financially and emotionally.
>>
>>29113269
More on girls

They do not do anything for you besides really hold you back. They will cause you to worry, stress and are really only good for sex.
As soon as you understand that you are more important then they are, then you can handle a girlfriend.

Right now I have never been happier with my girlfriend because I understand she is just a woman. She is not some special mystic being. I don't have to put up with any of her shit or any of her emotional mindgames.

Devote yourself to learning your career and trade.

>Get a job
Get a dam job. Money will change everything for you. The first week I got my first pay from washing dishes while at university I went out and bought new clothes.

This helped me feel more confident out in public and less of a loser. You can literally buy your way into happiness if you have enough of it.
>>
>>29113269
Do they really turn people away because of age?
I was told they were more inclined to hiring people in their late 20s.
>>
>>29113501
>I was told they were more inclined to hiring people in their late 20s.

Of course this will depend on how skilled your degree is.

But if you are expect a no experience typical degree job you will not be picked over a recent graduate.

There is no reason to hire person in their late 20s as they are seen as failures. I have heard this first hand by many people who have hiring power for their jobs.

I am 25 now and I have only landed my entry job due to insane ass kicking with my teachers and my good grades. I have been turned away by many interviews due to age and one interviewer even told me they do not want someone my age.
One even asked me what my entry score into university was and I was speechless because I had no clue anymore because I had been in university for nearly 7 years longer then my whole time at highschool.

I work in construction project management and have a skilled degree in it and I believe this was the only reason why I was even hired after the ass kissing. I was able to contribute on day one.
>>
>>29113269
>But I have now had myself 2 girlfriends since 23.
GET
THE
FUCK
OUT
NOOOOORMIE
>>
>>29113269
this man speaks the truth. i got my life together many years ago and wish someone would have mentioned this shit to me. also, don't fuck up your credit once you find a job.
>>
>>29113582
I don't mean people in their late 20s asking for an entry job vs a recent graduant.

I mean 2 recent graduantes, one 29, the other 23.
I was told they prefer the older one assuming they are both equally experienced and equal grades.
>>
>>29113269
Alright buddy, I've already kind of fucked up and done some degree switching, I'm 22 now and it will take 2 years from now to finish this degree I'm doing now, though I am getting very good grades.

Should I actually finish it, or would I be better off changing gears now and just trying to get a shitty job, work my way up etc?
>>
>>29113682
I am speaking as a 25 year old recent graduate competing with a 21 and 22 year old recent graduate.

They won't pick me and have told me to my face because of my age.

If you have experience then it's a whole other ball game anon. Then I would guess you are right. I would pick the elder one with the experience myself.
>>
>tfw 26 no education
>finally saved enough money for collage without ever going into debt
Should I even fucking do it?
I'd be finishing at like 30 years old, or should I just learn a trade?
>>
>>29113269
I'll bite OP.
I'm 26 and used to be a weeaboo virgin who was very depressed.
I turned my life around by learning about buddhism, daoism, cognitive behavioural therapy and understanding how the world works.
As hard as it is to comprehend, "you" don't actually exist (the ego is just an illusion created as a byproduct by our self-awareness). "You" are just a byproduct of circumstances such as what you put into your body, what you think about, your genetics etc. and many of these things are entirely within your control (even if your ability to control these things is limited at the moment). Probably the most important thing you can do in your life is to understand that that the only thing worthwhile is to increase your ability to control what you can in your life. Do some form of exercise, further your understanding of your psyche through reading and meditation (and taking note of how you react to emotions and sensations). The better you get at controlling yourself, the more power you will have to forge your life into what ever you want it to be.

Be realistic about your limitations, but never cynical or pessimistic because these are just frames of mind which are no more "true" than optimism and being positive. Nothing in the universe is "good" or "bad" only thinking makes things so, and when undesirable things happen to you, you must take them in your stride, understanding that they are just events in the course of your life and nothing more. Eventually you will die, there's no need to rush it and do your best along the way to help yourself to help others.
>>
>>29113721
Finish the degree anon, this is a no brainer.
But I mean it was sincere as possible when I say, do not cause any more time before you finish.

You will be 22 now and 24 when you graduate.

I am 25 now so older then you would be when you graduate and I can tell you I have felt and seen how fucked you can be at this age graduating so late.

To other people your age you are seen as inferior and this will cause you problems in the workplace.

I have younger people then myself giving me order and giving me this because I am about to graduate yet they have been working for years and earn more then me.

I speak to clients and the moment they find out my position in the company they treat me with disrespect.

They expect me to be a project manager at my age yet I am a cadet.
>>
>>29113811
Learn the trade anon in my opinion.
If I had to go back now even at 25 to get a degree now I would not do it.

I would perhaps at best do it part time or by distance on-line while working a full time trade or career related job.

But it depends what experience you already have up to age 26. I had none, so I would be fucked if I were in your position.

Yet for example, if you say... worked in construction and had experience and contacts already you could get a construction related job and apply it very easily and it would be worthwhile.

But if you get say.. an engineering degree? It would be a waste of time.

Get the trade, make money now and you won't ever be in a position without money or adult life.

>>29113837
You I have thought like you do before. I feel there is some truth to what you say, such as controlling yourself and this being the key to forge your life. I agree with this.

But this does not help you when achieving and gaining the things required to gain control takes time and you are behind.

>Eventually you will die, there's no need to rush it
This is where I disagree.

If everyone thought the way you do then your way of thinking would be perfectly applicable. But people don't and very few do.

You have to play their game.
>>
>>29113269
>>29113380

19 years old here

Thanks for the free advice
>>
>>29114096
I hope you take it seriously anon because you will feel young now and if you delay your life you will seriously think it won't matter because you are young and have more time.

Please take it to heart, you will not be young or seen as young forever. I was naive to believe I would be.
>>
>>29113269
Sage advice. I'm on the edge of a really big decision so that's just what I needed.
>>
>>29113602
Jesus fucking Christ over reaction much?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.