[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im fucking tired of the irony on this website. and the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 1445753165303.jpg (233 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1445753165303.jpg
233 KB, 500x357
im fucking tired of the irony on this website. and the internet in general.

it seems like every thread on 4chan now, for every board, is ironic. that is, the person who makes it isn't totally sincere in what they are saying. they are doing it because they find it funny, because it will rile people, or for the simple fact that it's ironic and that in itself is worth doing.

does anyone else feel how i do? seems like every time i go on /v/, i don't see a single thread is started for a sincere purpose.
>>
File: 1461625427892.jpg (38 KB, 667x720) Image search: [Google]
1461625427892.jpg
38 KB, 667x720
>>29061293
The thing that attracted me to this website in the first place was the genuine honesty that you could find between users. Since 4chan doesn't delete insults or low quality comments it's easy for a thread to be flooded with insults and bait. I'm also sick of all the irony. It was funny a few months ago when people made fun of shit like school shootings now it's just fucking obnoxious.

Part of the reason why this website keeps getting more polarized is because people genuinely want to get replies. An easy way to do this is to write something offensive or stupid i.e. bait. People kept baiting until they actually became the main posters on this board. Now you're lucky to find a moment of empathy here. I was insulted the other day for writing "a wall of text." Like, seriously? Wasn't the whole point of R9K to have longer, more thought out responses? I don't know if it was an influx of Redditors that led to this or simply people giving up on being serious.

Sometimes when I see a thread full of trolling I think to myself, "you guys are fucking ruining this board, and when you're done you're just gonna move on to some other place and contribute nothing." It's not fair at all and they have all the power to ruin something that could have been amazing for everyone.
>>
>>29061293
have you been to reddit lately? i googled an image and found one of their meme boards filled with typing like this fyi.

wow
>>
>>29061462

I like the fact that insults don't get deleted here, because those are sometimes the most genuine replies as well. After awhile insults almost become a form of camaraderie, like calling each other faggots.

I just feel like the entire internet, if not the entire millennial generation and below, has just embraced this really ironic attitude that permeates everything.
>>
>>29061293
There are sincere threads on /r9k/. Most of them involve depression or recreation.

Though honestly I can't tell anymore. It's almost always either bait, counter-bait, complaining, or something else in between. I can't even be sure that this thread isn't to rile a response. It did invoke a response from me though. So I guess maybe you win? A response is what you want in either case I suppose.

I don't post very often anymore. And I can't trust anything that isn't positive commentary on popular media. I have to just observe it and use it to waste time. It's getting stale and I'm not sure if it's because the content getting messier or I'm just getting older and tired of the same threads and responses.

This post isn't supposed to be purposely pretentious as a way to get (you)s either. It just turned out that way.
>>
>>29061293
I don't know about other places, but here I assume it's from the influx of normalfags and their hightened self-consciousness from social media. It's trying to complete a circle jerk or posting insincere content they look down upon and still be amused by. There seem to be pockets of time when quality increases simply because threads are being slid by shitposting, but it's still rough.
Why do you think the irony is so wide spread?
>>
>>29061462
>people genuinely want to get replies
it is mainly newfags who offer those replies
>>
>>29061462
4chan is just a microcosm of the larger world. You're always going to have idiots who will discard something you've thoughtfully written out and reply with something that took 2 seconds to type. Or you'll have people post garbage to gain attention. That's true. Often, they're just newfags from reddit or highschoolers trying to be hot shit.

Honestly, even with all that shit, 4chan manages to post some thought provoking shit from time to time. Yeah, you have to filter out the bullshit, but occasionally you get stuff that is pretty fucking real. And that's what keeps me coming. You won't see that shit on reddit, as reddit is even worse with the shit posting.

It's just a microcosm, you will always get dumbasses. But there's often a sense of brotherhood, like that other anon suggests, that is rarely encountered else where on the web.
>>
>>29061669
I mean yeah, but the camaraderie is pretty juvenile. There's a reason this place is almost exclusively teenagers and young people. It's not just because these groups have the most free time. I think this makes any sort of legitimate discussion pretty impossible if your door is open to little Jimmy that thinks interrupting people by insulting them is funny. I disagree that 99% of these should be considered genuine.

This place is too popular to be useful in any way other than memes.
>>
File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (357 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
357 KB, 750x500
dfw was right
>>
>>29061293
I have that same lenovo laptop
>>
>>29062202
Yes we have already entered new sincerity, normies are just dipping into post-irony.
>>
>>29061293
>comes to 4chan for sincerity
>literally says on the site "every story is an artistic work of fiction"
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>29062253
Next comes suicide.
>>
>>29061293
SUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
origamus
>>
>>29061293
The only threads that I believe are genuine are the 25+ threads.
>>
>>29062260
>>>/b/ is that way my man
>>
File: 153623645745.jpg (18 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
153623645745.jpg
18 KB, 306x306
>>29061293
>/v/
Thats your problem, try going to a slower board like /x/ or /g/

/v/ is filled with cancer just like /b/ and /pol/

usually when I'm on /x/ I see people laughing at memes that would be scoffed at on more popular boards because they are so behind in the culture

Its a lot more comfy than seeing over 250 posts in a single thread being bait spammed constantly
>>
>>29061293
>im fucking tired of the irony on this website. and the internet in general.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, it isn't 2005 anymore and for me at least I've already seen everything before. Everything has become over saturated, in these past few months I've really been not bothering with the computer and internet as much instead just walking around outside instead.
>>
File: 1442539919821.jpg (38 KB, 460x328) Image search: [Google]
1442539919821.jpg
38 KB, 460x328
>>29062319
See, I actually love this response because it's referencing a meme and is sort of like an inside joke for people who have been here a while. It doesn't count as a shitty post.
>>
>>29062342
I'm just saying don't complain about sincerity when no one is sincere in the first place. Everyone across all boards are just autistic shut ins of varying degrees and most people just come here to shitpost and argue to distract from their shitty lives. If you're looking for sincerity go back to >>>/Reddit/
>>
File: 1456363295810.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1456363295810.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>>29061293
I get u

but i don't bother writing out stuff for same reason

what's the point anyway my threads are never successful , even in the sense of getting a few genuine replies and making a connection with f a m

also everything here is so short lived

I think going else where is the way to go

forums or irc or whatever the kids are using these days

I really should seek that out but instead I wind up here posting frogs

this place truly is cancer

other boards are good for specific hobbies but then u cant just talk about whatever like feels and such
>>
>>29062260
>>comes to 4chan for sincerity
>>literally says on the site "every story is an artistic work of fiction"

Now that's some dank /irony/.
>>
>>29062202
he was a hack and had no discernible talent
>>
File: succ.png (516 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
516 KB, 600x600
>>29062796
>>29062495
Im sad to see you faggots got baited by OP, who is yet again a fag

Thread was on a whole new level of irony you babies couldn't even comprehend
>>
This is why I find boards like /x/ so refreshing.
>>
>>29062428

literally every thread on /v/ is a troll thread. its pathetic.
>>
>>29062495
>don't complain about no one being sincere because no one is sincere
I think you are poor at logic and I disagree with your reasoning.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.