[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I live in a college dorm or get a place on my own? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1463155147875.jpg (97 KB, 634x522) Image search: [Google]
1463155147875.jpg
97 KB, 634x522
Should I live in a college dorm or get a place on my own?
I want friends.
>>
>>29020821
having your own place will make you more attractive to people
>>
College was just horribly depressing.

I tried hard to make friends my first year. I went to group events, participated in events with people on my dorm floor. They were friendly enough but I would find out they laughed at me in their own cliques behind my back. Whenever they invited their friends up to our floor, their friends would do pranks that "[they] had nothing to do with" on me like steal my towel while I was using the shower or vandalize my dorm door.

When I moved to my studio apartment, every walk to and from class/work was depressing and I was just surrounded by people having fun and surrounded by friends and shit.

If you don't think you're autistic, try the dorm I guess.
>>
>>29020821
>I want friends.
doesn't matter what you want, you won't make friends

live alone
>>
>>29020821
It's a gamble: either the dorms will turn your life around and you will become a normie, or it will be possibly the worst 10 months of your life. It was the latter for me but we are on /r9k/.
>>
>>29020821
anon, do you have friends in high school?

if yes, congrats! you are a normie. go for the dorms.

if no, you will not make friends, sorry. live alone, accept that you will never make friends.
>>
>>29021005
the fuck is this supposed to mean?
are you guys seriously autistic enough to not have one or two close friends in high school?
>>
>>29021147
I cant tell if this is bait or not, but please just go to /adv/ or /b/ or whatever. This board isnt for you.
>>
>>29020821
>Everybody is blue
simply EBIN :DDD
>>
>>29021159
This is a joke right?
My sister was literally diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. She has a fucking certificate.

She still has a couple close friends, who she plays board games with and goes out to eat once in a while with.
>>
>>29021174
>sister
>girl

Found the answer. Try having an autistic brother.
>>
>>29021174
I'm glad for her.

Not everyone can make friends.
>>
>>29021174
she is a girl you dense fuck
even autistic girls can make friends and achieve bf, hell, even down syndrome girls can pull a chad

no it's not a joke, many people here don't have friends, and you are a bully who should leave my board
>>
>>29021196
are you fucking kidding me
she's disgusting
she's 5'1" and 180lbs.
she's never shaved - she's a hairy mustached unibrowed gorilla
she does autistic swaying and talks under her breath to herself constantly
her hair is greasy and she always smells like BO

If she can make a couple friends why can't you guys?
>>
>>29021227

Look pal, you and your normie sister aren't welcome here, so just fuck off yeah?
>>
>>29021227
Aspergers must run in the family because you're a retarded as your sister
>>
>>29020949
this actually makes me really nervous.
I was planning on doing the whole "group events" and "networking" and shit, but it will probably all fizzle out by December, huh.
>>
>>29021262

It is inevitable.

I tried to do it but couldn't handle multiple people at once so just ended up hanging around with this chinese girl all the time.

After coming embarassingly close to sex but fucking it up like a huge retard I cut all contact, and since we were like 6 months in now it was too late to make other friends as they'd already formed their social groups.

On the brightside the same thing happened to her and she was always alone for the rest of uni too.
>>
>>29021257
>Aspergers must run in the family because you're a retarded as your sister

> you're a retarded as
>>
In a dorm either you make friends (unlikely) or (more likely) you are trapped with people you hate and you become that weird guy that just stays in his room.
>>
>>29021400
>weird guy that just stays in his room.
...fuck
that's the perfect description of me

how did my life become like this
>>
>>29021400
yeah fuck it. if i have my own place i have incentive to invite people over from the dorms for a change of setting and shit, right?
>>
>>29021679
If you end up actually making friends with people in dorms, they can even use you and your place as a place to drink without having to worry about RAs and then laugh at you when you're in the shitter or something :)))
>>
enjoy being the weird guy on your floor who never leaves his room
>>
>>29021400
roommate's chad friend:
>"anon, you're more of an observer, aren't you?"
>>
>>29021257
I don't have an appropriate reaction image for how hard I laughed at this.
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>29021400
Can confirm. Was the weird guy who stayed in my room and was next door to another autismo who did the same thing. I can't relate to idealistic liberal arts college kids. I hated the whole culture.

This is where I learned the art of pissing in bottles so people wouldn't know I was home on a friday night.

I also used to just walk around campus in circles on friday and saturday nights.
>>
>>29021147
literally everyone at my school was either:
>/b/
>reddit
>tumblr
>chad/stacie
I'm not even fucking joking, I wasn't willing to think shitty memes were funny to have friends.
>>
>>29021772

Get a load of this failed normie.

The only reason you'd care if they thought you were home or not is because you still wanted to fit in.
>>
File: 1457898351087.png (790 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1457898351087.png
790 KB, 792x792
>>29021772
>I also used to just walk around campus in circles on friday and saturday nights

Fuck, this hits too close to home, I just came back from a night walk.
I am a sophomore right now, is too late for me?
>>
>>29021798
>I wasn't willing to think shitty memes were funny to have friends.
this, at college age it's too late to change yourself to fit into a friend group

I am not the kinda guy who can easily talk about girls and shit, yet apparently everyone in college is
>>
I read on here a while ago, a robot was in college and couldn't into socialization. He decided to start wearing a wedding ring to class to change people's perception of him from weird autist to stoic husband who just wants to learn and get back to his wife.

That's more of a plan B though.
>>
>>29021961
another issue with this is that you would have to look older than 25 at least

nobody is going to look at the college freshman with the ring on and think he isn't a weird autist just because of the ring
>>
File: awf444.jpg (7 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
awf444.jpg
7 KB, 250x222
>>29021920
run far away from there
>>
>>29021920
>I am a sophomore right now, is too late for me?
anon your problem can be simply solved by getting a single dorm or apartment so you won't have to deal with others
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.